Skip to main content

Poll

Do you consider Islam a 'Religion of Peace'?

Yes
No
Not Sure -- Let me ponder while enjoying a few dozen ice cold beers & some pork sausage off the barbi!
Topic: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace? (Read 88100 times)

Re: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace?

Reply #300
Dear, oh dear. When an ex-colonist is ignorant of something they go back to the infantile side which is always inherent in so many. I do tolerate it because it is a national characteristic for a chunk of the place (thankfully not all).
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #301

Yet another [glow=blue,2,300] 'Peaceful' [/glow]exhibition of love & good will by Islamic Representatives ISIS

Quote from:      USA Today      http://tinyurl.com/pxk85ma   
......."A Message to the Allies of America" includes what appears to be a threat directed at British Prime Minister David Cameron, news.com.au says. "For being a lapdog, Cameron, you will drag your people into another bloody and unwinnable war," the video warns.

Cameron responded to the video by tweeting: "The murder of David Haines is an act of pure evil. My heart goes out to his family who have shown extraordinary courage and fortitude. ... We will do everything in our power to hunt down these murderers and ensure they face justice, no matter how long it takes."

Cameron has returned to his residence at Downing Street and is expected to chair a meeting of the government's emergency response team Sunday.

Late Saturday, the White House released a statement from Obama in which he says the United States strongly condemns the "barbaric murder" of Haines.

"Our hearts go out to the family of Mr. Haines and to the people of the United Kingdom," the statement reads. "The United States stands shoulder to shoulder tonight with our close friend and ally in grief and resolve.

"We will work with the United Kingdom and a broad coalition of nations from the region and around the world to bring the perpetrators of this outrageous act to justice, and to degrade and destroy this threat to the people of our countries, the region and the world."...............................Continued

Will the Crusades be revisited?

Should they?

With apologists like these poor excuses for 'Leaders' running the 'Snake Oil' Side-Show........I sincerely doubt it........

What do you think?

Reply #302
if islam is religion of peace .

Then Why their Extremist , is not extremely Peace  ?

Reply #303
I thought wrongly as it turns out that they executed with a long sword like ancient beheading but they don't. When I made a point of following this horror up having previously avoided such films. I got a really physical shock as they do it even more horribly. The poor soul is laid on the ground face down and then the Islamist starts to actually saw round the neck with a knife and takes longer. It is an abhorrent way to kill anyone and it was a group of Christians they were killing. Even more sickening were the other sick minds gathering round with mobile phones to take films. After several seconds i immediately left the link and didn't want any more then sat for several minutes as even that was too much.

When "moderate Muslims" say is not Islamic they are in a difficult position. I say that because the terror wave is all over the world from one end to another and large numbers follow these spiritual maniacs. Having visited the Twin Towers one one of my US visits I still drift back to thinking how I had been at the top of a place so many people had worked in and died. Listening to phone messages from the towers and people jumping off were numbing. There is something deeply flawed in Islam as many of these terror scum are from middle class and comfortable backgrounds. The lass who left university here in my city and disappeared over to the IS attended a very expensive and high class private school leaving her family numbed. She has also sent word back she would like to bring the IS black flag back home to here. Well she better not damn try that.

Reply #304
     I applaud that well thought out & constructed post, & I whole heatedly agree with all your assertions contained within!

The lass who left university here in my city and disappeared over to the IS attended a very expensive and high class private school leaving her family numbed. She has also sent word back she would like to bring the IS black flag back home to here. Well she better not damn try that.

This is what I just can't understand at all.

How can a Nation, yours, mine, & others accept back with open arms those lowest of scum who fought & murdered so many innocent people out of pure vile hatred, welcome them back to our lands as if they should be somehow welcome, as if it was their right!?

This, knowing full well, that the internal forces that drive them is pure relentless hatred for us & all we love & cherish ---- our friends, our families, our neighbors,  our Country, & our basic way of life!!??

How can this be??

Citizens or no, they should be rounded up, tried for treason against humanity, found guilty, & then humanely put to a swift death en mass.

They should never be allowed to breath our good & free air while walking freely amongst us!

Has political correctness & respect for human decency gone truly mad?

Reply #305
In a way you have been fortunate if that is the right word to use being a massively bigger country. Here on this small island it gets more into your face but just the other day there was a passing news item about a small group of Islamic woman in Minnesota think it was planning to take a practical interest in the IS. It is right aross europe as well and the future does not look very encouraging in the long run. Everywhere Islam spreads the antagonists flourish in one way or another. Democracy and such means absolutely nothing as Islam and that thinking do not square very well.Even moderates Muslims will be at stake as well one day.

There is something very fundamentally awry with the Islam religion right from it's start. Last year when speaking at a public rally i got stuck into Islam as being false because how can it's founder be Godly or a dashed prophet of god and marry a 7-year old child then later consummate the marriage?? Things are worse in England than north of the Border here in Scotland but we have an inner city area of Glasgow that looks like Karachi. A young lad of 15 (an RC boy) was visiting a pal there he was kidnapped by a gang of Islamists and tortured for several hours whilst they drove around in a car.  Then they dumped his body a few miles away behind the Celtic football social club to die. As he did they poured petrol over him and set him alight. Of course they got jailed but it seems for years they were part of a larger group who caused problems in the district and little was done. Had that been indigenous folk you can bet the police would have arrived and whisked them away. So the moderates have something to answer for and have to be pressed for comment.

Everywhere in the world in your country, mine and everyhwere they grow there is a problem and too many minds have been far too open.

Reply #306
I would go a bit farther than Smiley, believe it or not.

Once you turn against your homeland--- whatever your homeland is, whether the US, the UK, any of the European nations, Russia--- oh, heck, let's throw in the middle Eastern nations too-- when you turn against your homeland and serve the enemy, you should automatically lose citizenship in your former home. Why should this girl that RJH mentions think she has a home in Scotland anymore, when she has joined a group that would cheerfully kill every last one of her former neighbors that didn't convert to this radical form of Islam? She has taken part with the enemy, becoming a traitor even to her own family--- or does she really think her new friends would stop before killing her mother, father, sisters and brothers?

No--- once you leave your home to join a group such as ISIS, your citizenship in your former home should be terminated and you should be considered as the enemy that you've become.

Funny thing: ISIS has gone so far over the top that even Al Qaeda thinks they've gone too far. Now, when you're too radical even for Al Qaeda-----.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #307
It seems a game over there, where groups try to out-radical the radicals to get the most headlines.  Hacking off a few Western heads is always good for grabbing the limelight.   :knight:  :ko:
James J

Reply #308
I would go a bit farther than Smiley, believe it or not......

......once you leave your home to join a group such as ISIS, your citizenship in your former home should be terminated and you should be considered as the enemy that you've become.....

~~ vs. ~~

........ Citizens or no, they should be rounded up, tried for treason against humanity, found guilty, & then humanely put to a swift death en mass .........
..... They should never be allowed to breathe our good & free air .........

~~ vs. ~~                       

Reply #309
Totally agree that they should not be allowed back.

These followers come to civilised countries which tells you something of where they came from! They accept our freedoms, rights, oh and well use the Benefit system of our Welfare State then condemn us as if we were the devil incarnate. They would not have any of the modern and positive circumstances from whence they came of civilised nations but will misuse us. It is a totally false, immature and dangerous religion. That they use what they want when living in the West then hive off to be part of evil and ranting animals is a disgrace and I hope my country which is looking at confiscating passports  does it instead of yakking on the matter.

Reply #310
Smiley--- you misunderestimate me. Removing citizenship merely recognizes officially what has already taken place. A person who leaves his home to join ISIS has become a traitor-- removing citizenship recognizes that fact and makes the person "fair game" for whatever we're doing to the rest of ISIS. If the rest of the world finally gets tired of it and decides to exterminate ISIS to the last man--- too bad, so sad, shouldn't have betrayed your homeland if you wanted to live.

ISIS is merely the latest example of course. The same thing applies to those who join any other terrorist group who have sworn themselves to murdering everybody who doesn't subscribe to their beliefs. Make yourself the enemy of your home, don't be surprised if your neighbors get together to put you out of their misery.
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #311

Smiley--- you misunderestimate me. Removing citizenship merely recognizes officially what has already taken place. A person who leaves his home to join ISIS has become a traitor-- removing citizenship recognizes that fact and makes the person "fair game" for whatever we're doing to the rest of ISIS. If the rest of the world finally gets tired of it and decides to exterminate ISIS to the last man--- too bad, so sad, shouldn't have betrayed your homeland if you wanted to live.

This seems like a strange concept of citizenship to me. "The homeland giveth citizenship, the homeland taketh it away. May the name of the homeland be blessed!"

For me a different concept of citizenship seems more natural. Citizenship comes with birth and it never leaves the citizen (unless specifically asked to be removed by the citizen, and even then it depends). Some responsibility comes for holding a citizenship of a country. Also the country has responsibilities to its citizens. This is a mutual relationship not to be broken lightly.

This even applies to traitors. The country enacts certain laws that apply to traitors. Even traitors are to be treated according to legal procedure.

The rule of comely behaviour does not apply only to the country's own citizens, but to all people of the world. The person who is not a citizen of this country is a citizen of some other country, and respect to the person shows the country's respect to that other country. Unless the countries are at war, the person deserves ordinary decent treatment.

Is it okay for American authorities to be irresponsible with impunity towards any non-citizen? Is this how Americans view citizenship?

Reply #312
Then again--- it just may be possible---

Reply #313
[glow=blue,2,300]Person charged after terror raids allegedly planned to 'behead someone abducted off the street'
[/glow]

Quote from:      Channel 9 Australia   http://tinyurl.com/m7lslcb    

A person charged with serious terrorism-related offences after police raids in Sydney this morning was allegedly planning to abduct a person off the street and film their beheading.

Police have confirmed raids across Sydney this morning thwarted a plan to commit violence against “a member of the public on the streets”.

9NEWS understands the man is accused of plotting to abduct a person off the streets and decapitate them in a manner similar to the recent ISIL beheadings of US and UK citizens in Syria.

The suspect allegedly intended to wrap the body of the victim in an ISIL flag and upload video of the murder online.

Raids were also carried out in Brisbane but police said they weren’t directly linked to the operation in Sydney.

Three people were arrested after over 800 police officers searched 15 homes in north-western Sydney, in a joint AFP and NSW Police counter-terrorism operation called “Operation Appleby”.

Police executed search warrants in Beecroft, Bellavista, Guildford, Merrylands, Northmead, Wentworthville, Marsfield, Westmead, Castle Hill, Revesby, Bass Hill and Regents Park.......................CONTINUED

As I unknowingly predicted, it is now starting ....... are you sure it wont happen in your neck (no pun intended) of the woods?

Reply #314
About how Muslim women don't actually choose to wear a hijab:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/marginoferr/2014/09/18/what-choice-is-a-free-choice-and-why-religion-destroys-the-freedom-of-choice/

Is it okay for American authorities to be irresponsible with impunity towards any non-citizen? Is this how Americans view citizenship?

Two words: Guantanamo Bay.

As I unknowingly predicted, it is now starting ....... are you sure it wont happen in your neck (no pun intended) of the woods?

We've already had Salafistic cretins like Sharia4Belgium and Mohammed B for years.

Reply #315
Since this seems to be the ISIL thread by default:

Sunnis in Iraq Often See Their Government as the Bigger Threat

A group of Iraqi Sunni refugees had found shelter in an abandoned school, two families to a room, after fleeing fighters from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. They were gathered in the school’s courtyard last week when the Iraqi Air Force bombed them.

The bombing, in Alam District near Tikrit, may well have been a mistake. But some of the survivors believe adamantly that the pilot had to know he was bombing civilians, landing the airstrike “in the middle of all the people,” said Nimr Ghalib, whose wife, three children, sister and nephew were among at least 38 people killed, according to witnesses interviewed last week, as well as human rights workers who detailed the attack on Wednesday.

The attack fit a pattern of often indiscriminate shelling and airstrikes on Sunni areas by the armed forces of the Shiite-led Iraqi government. The strikes have added to a long and bitter list of Sunni grievances, leading many to view the government’s leaders as an enemy — and some to regard the government as an even greater threat than the Sunni extremists in ISIS.

Reply #316
Since this seems to be the ISIL thread by default:

That is wrong, we should change it. I ask you all for thinking about it.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #317

Two words: Guantanamo Bay.

And secret prisons hosted by various so-called allies all over the world. My questions were rhetorical anyway.

About how Muslim women don't actually choose to wear a hijab:

There are actual hijab-promoting women in England and France, from what I have heard. Such thing doesn't make sense to me, but it exists. Muslims in the West seem to prefer to enclose themselves in ghettos.

The Baltic countries host Muslims that originate from Tatarstan, Middle Asia, and Caucasus. Those Muslims are a vanishing tiny minority, never too demanding or vocal. No conspicuous cultural traits that would jump on other people. No jihadism or global view of sharia. Basically only racial traits set them apart from the general population.

They wear traditional clothing only at their own weddings and religious clothing at religious gatherings, which are modest, confined to their own homes and clubs. There are no specifically built mosques. This is how Islam looks here. I have an old pastor friend whose best friends are a rabbi and a mufti.

Reply #318
Six Iranians arrested for appearing in a video dancing to Pharrell Williams' song Happy have been sentenced to up to one year in prison and 91 lashes, their lawyer says.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29272732

I don't know what to say. It's old but good news...they were released even though they "hurt public chastity". :o

Reply #319
Just shows how far they ae from freedom and democracy as I have said.Talk about spiritual knuckle-draggers.

Reply #320

Just shows how far they ae from freedom and democracy as I have said.Talk about spiritual knuckle-draggers.

True enough for the ones who run the show and the ones who police the system. Huzzah for the dancer and others who don't play the rules. Christians have been through this sort of madness but for the most part have learned to behave rationally. Except in the American South.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxeTjrckl0&channel=AgainstTheFlowMedia

Reply #322
Thinking back to the word of jseaton2311 about the West only taking special note of the IS when heads came off. I think he should be more honest and say it was when the sad and unfortunate fellow citizens that got chopped the US responded. Islam and democratic principles do not blend together and are a constant mess everywhere. The girl i mentioned and which mjsmsprt40 commented on is not the only young Muslim from a cumfy and monied Muslim family taking up the cudgel. Thus it shows there is a running and deep flaw in what paasses for a religion is a threat to our way of life. Not just for the indigenous but the moderate Muslims as well. With the modern and continuing violent threat everywhere from Islam I have little time for it at all. Methinks I would have a cup of tea and blether with old red socks in Rome.  :)

Reply #323
[glow=green,2,300]Obama’s[/glow] [glow=black,2,300]“not Islamic” [/glow][glow=green,2,300]Islamic State claim ridiculed[/glow]

Quote from:      JIHAD WATCH    http://tinyurl.com/mt6xnuc  
As well it should be. The disconnect between the statements of the administration — and the government and media establishment in general — and reality is increasingly large, and Americans are noticing in increasing numbers. “Obama’s ‘not Islamic’ Islamic State Claim Ridiculed,” IPT News, September 11, 2014.......

........The claim, also made by Obama’s predecessors, is “preposterous,” Daniel Pipes wrote for the National Review Online. “To state the obvious: As non-Muslims and politicians, rather than Muslims and scholars, they are in no position to declare what is Islamic and what is not.”

Author Sam Harris, an atheist who challenges all religions, went further, dismissing Obama’s argument as a “scrim of pretense and delusion.”

“Which will come first, flying cars and vacations to Mars, or a simple acknowledgment that beliefs guide behavior and that certain religious ideas—jihad, martyrdom, blasphemy, apostasy—reliably lead to oppression and murder?” Harris wondered in an essay. “It may be true that no faith teaches people to massacre innocents exactly—but innocence, as the President surely knows, is in the eye of the beholder. Are apostates ‘innocent’? Blasphemers? Polytheists? Islam has the answer, and the answer is ‘no.'”.........................Continued

Does the 'Great Placator' of the Western World's assertions hold true for you?

Is ISIS Islamic, or not?

What do you think?

Reply #324
Yes, it is Islamic, or not.