Skip to main content

Poll

Do you consider Islam a 'Religion of Peace'?

Yes
No
Not Sure -- Let me ponder while enjoying a few dozen ice cold beers & some pork sausage off the barbi!
Topic: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace? (Read 88143 times)

Re: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace?

Reply #275
No. Some do, but the vast majority don't anywhere support has been polled (nobody has polled in Iraq, but it is a question how big support ISIL has with the Sunni Arabs in Iraq). Before these two Americans thousands of others, mostly Iraqi and Syrian, have been killed during the years. Americans are not in harm's way of ISIL, but many other groups are.

The support of or sympathy for ISIL seems to come in two groups. Some see them as legitimate resistance against the US-Iranian regime in Iraq and against the Assad regime in Syria (who still have the record of murder, mutilation, and mayhem in the region, but ISIL is a runner-up), others have fallen for the caliphate propaganda. If they can become US enemy number one, they have effectively de-legitimised Al Queda as a has-been.

Their extreme brutality may lead to an attrition of support in the first group, as has happened elsewhere, and which has happened with them earlier when under different names. However, it is possible it increases their appeal with the second group.

Reply #276
I'm not seeing why they endeavor so much for having the US fighting them directly instead of just take care of Iraquian authorities.
It's very obvious that warnings, with American citizens beheaded and youtubed, for the US stop attacks are aimed in fact to make the US multiply by a thousand such attacks and give them not too much chances.

It would made sense if attracting the US for a trap but what trap?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #277
The plan and the Trap = The world Burn .

Some men just want to watch the World Burn .

Sometimes,  uncle alfred is not fully wrong .

Reply #279
Well I have to say that Cameron is as you say if but a well educated one and his pal in the White House should  have stayed in Chicago as there is much to try and cope with there. I don't have much time for Islam (surprise, surprise) and you just don't know what is going to happen next or where. Here in Glasgow a young woman with a whole life ahead of her has gone. She was educated at Glasgow's top, expensive private girls' school then beat it to help the Islamic State nutters. Her family feel shocked and terribly let down. They cannot understand it and she had saddened them as they totally disagree with what she has done.

So it shows a deep flaw in Islam that every so often someone trusted and sensible appearing suddenly goes off to join the half-wits. Several years ago w from a Pakistani Muslim background (as usual) tried to ram a car into Glasgow Airport and started a brief car fire. One got battered by a Glasgow man (rightly) and the other was a doctor. A doctor for goodness sake! With Obama and Cameron mouthing off it will be interesting to see how these two comedians come up with a plan on these latest  fanatics.

Oh, and before I forget. The decapitation of the two journalists and another inn the list is evil and bad enough but hey what about that great Western ally, Saudia Arabia? Every single week a group of men get their heads cut off too. When do we take that lot on.?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #280
So it shows a deep flaw in Islam that every so often someone trusted and sensible appearing suddenly goes off to join the half-wits.

Did you mean, RJ, to imply exactly the opposite of what you wrote? Your characterization of these Jihadi tourists is off by a mile…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #281
I'm waiting for further developments. Reports on the radio (and now I find them all over the Internet-- take your pick of the favorite newsfeed) indicate that the peace-lovers at ISIL/ISIS have come into possession of a Russian fighter plane, and have threatened Putin. "You're next!" This could get interesting, as-- having already beheaded 2 Americans and threatening a UK journalist with beheading next-- they now seem to be trying to get Russia riled up.

Geez, don't these people read history books? What happened last time somebody got the USA, the UK and the old USSR all on the same side against them? Somehow, I don't think ISIL/ISIS has as much "throw weight" behind them as Nazi Germany did in WW2, and look what happened then. Keep it up, and I fancy that ISIL/ISIS will have about all the peace a body can stand-- and maybe then some.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #282
.....Somehow, I don't think ISIL/ISIS has as much "throw weight" behind them as Nazi Germany did in WW2.....,

You're quite right regarding conventional overall might, but unless they decide to dye themselves in iridescent green day-glow, when they eventually blend themselves into society, a society they already have Islamic roots in -- London, NYC, LA, Paris, Berlin, ....... the list goes on ...... they have the ability to just strike in horror -- independently, or in concert -- without a care in the world.

Why? Because they are suicidal terrorists of the worst kind, hellbent on murder & terror in the name of creating a pure Islamic Caliphate.

There isn't a populated location on this planet they can not infiltrate with their [glow=red,2,300]'Home Grown Islamic Meliorists & Converts'[/glow], obsessed with creating one Islamic world using any & every perverse means at their disposal  ---  an eventual World-Wide Islamic Caliphate.[/i]

Imagine walking peacefully in crowded London. All of a sudden 6 home grown ISIS combatants whip out their cutlery, & kill dozens upon dozens of innocent Londoners in a mad fit of controlled rage, in the most horrible of ways.

Who will stop them?

Who will be able to keep them from simultaneously repeating this carnage in every major city in the world?

Then in say, 1 week..........repeat the carnage, over, & over, & over, & over again.

Sorry MJM, Hitlers lil cuties could never accomplish this much horror in their best of days.

And just when you think you've found & killed them all, & nothing happens world-wide for weeks, like the mother of all storms it starts all over again!!!

Think this can't happen?..........Unimaginable you say?.............I hope you're right....lets just wait & see.

Let them emigrate, settle, & move in next door --- Let's continue to welcome them in with our loving, open arms.

Sadly I believe, many hundreds are already here amongst us -------- wherever you call here ------------ & now as we speak, they are getting secretly stronger & even more aggressive.

Wanna have a lottery as to if or when the flood gates will or might open?

Do you disagree with the possibility of the simple scenarios I laid out? 

I implore you to show us why.

And most importantly, what  facts  led you to your conclusions?

Put your hand over your eyes (peeking is permitted), & click         if you agree.

Reply #283
No I am not off by a mile at all Oakdale. It is direct and to the point!

Reply #284

I'm waiting for further developments. Reports on the radio (and now I find them all over the Internet-- take your pick of the favorite newsfeed) indicate that the peace-lovers at ISIL/ISIS have come into possession of a Russian fighter plane, and have threatened Putin. "You're next!" This could get interesting, as-- having already beheaded 2 Americans and threatening a UK journalist with beheading next-- they now seem to be trying to get Russia riled up.

It is a cost-less gesture, Russia is the enemy, has always been the enemy. The US has had to balance different interests, but Russia has not. To declare Putin the enemy is pure win, and make them more attractive to other enemies of Russia, like Chechen and other Caucasian islamists, many who already sympathise with ISIL. It may be a little confusing to Westerners to whom Russia has increasingly been positioned as an enemy, so if ISIL is our enemy's enemy, is ISIL then our friends?

I've idly wondered if ISIL will be the first group to score a hat-trick and declare China an enemy as well (India is after all pretty much a given), but there probably isn't enough in it for them. China is otherwise cozening up with Iran, another arch-enemy.

Reply #285
Over simplifying just saying Russia has always been the enemy. The same wording 100% can be laid at the West so both the West and Russia have equality in the club.

Up here in the northern part of the Kingdom, preachers in mosques have been strongly advising their flocks not to get involved with the Islamist head-bangers in IS. That is to be commended even though i regard it as a falsely based traditional religion.

Reply #286
Gentlemen, meet your enemy in person.
The Islamic State

I wonder what's your opinion about it, both documentary and IS.
(I saw the full length documentary but can't find the link, the above one has five parts)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #287
It isn't really much better than places like Saudi Arabia is it? The West (rightly) argues that IS is a disgusting and vile organisation but so too is that country in the ME. Women cannot even be allowed to drive a car for goodness sake and as I pointed out and suitably ignore there are tens of thousands who have been jailed for wanting more freedoms AND every dashed week they cut the heads of people. Mind you I am not surprised places like Saudi are ignored here as they are pals of the so-called heroes of democracy, rights, freedoms, etc - namely the West.

Reply #288
Where are you actually from RJ......you say "The West" as if you were from somewhere other than "The West" .....like "The East" .......So RJ where are you really from, & if you had to take up arms (which would truly disgust you to no end I'm sure) if you had to take up arms to defend where you're really from,  besides yourself, who would you be defending?

Reply #289
Seen from Hong Kong you are to the east, even though you belong to the West.

As I see it the "border" between the West and the East would go through Afghanistan.

Reply #290
Well, let's take a look at our trusty World Atlas, shall we?

Hmmmm. Glasgow, Scotland. Let's see here. Western edge of Scotland, on the Clyde River, in (at this writing) the UK. The UK consistently takes up arms with "The West" and if you ask most citizens of other countries-- specifically former Eastern Bloc countries-- they would tell you to a man that the UK is a Western nation, not an Eastern one. Just a wild hunch here, but I'd bet that if Scotland DOES vote for independence on the 18th, the new nation will identify in most minds--at home and abroad-- as a Western nation rather than an Eastern one.

So-- that gives RJHowie and his anti-Western rants a bit of a problem. Somehow I just don't picture him sitting in his rooms doing Buddhist chants-- he's a Presbyterian, a staunch Orangeman-- so that possible link to the East doesn't work either. Could be he's a Westerner who just doesn't like it much.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #291
So-- that gives RJHowie and his anti-Western rants a bit of a problem. Somehow I just don't picture him sitting in his rooms doing Buddhist chants-- he's a Presbyterian, a staunch Orangeman-- so that possible link to the East doesn't work either. Could be he's a Westerner who just doesn't like it much.

You're misunderstanding him. He doesn't mean an Asian country. He's developed a strange love affair with Russia as of late. I remember some years ago he expressed admiration for the czars. Maybe that explains it; he sees Putin as a new czar rebuilding the Russian empire. It's a shame, really. Howie doing would Buddhist chants and preaching on that religion would be 20% funnier (well 19.7275 according to my calculations, but this keeps the numbers simple.)

Reply #292
Amongst the gobblygook the one with the most sensible appraisal is mjsmsprt40. As for you Smiley your tracing no doubt comes from somewhere else (probably the old daft Ireland (the modern one is better) but my family has lived here in Scotland for a great many centuries and at least into 6 that are traceable. The Howie monument south of Glasgow and the farmhouse was where the Covenanters hid in the 17th century until William of Orange came and rescued Scots Presbyterians from a pathetic king. Presbyterians are peaceful and certainly not up to disgraceful antics like Muslims. Even younger Muslims from respectable and highly educated families become terror nuts. You are dithering there Smiley whilst this champion of the Reformation is based on long and good solid ground.  :happy:

Reply #293
Howie monument

In 1983, to honor Mr. Howie's many years of service and contributions to Riverside County agriculture, the Board of Supervisors dedicated the plaza area outside of the County Administrative Center (CAC) as the Robert M. Howie Citrus Plaza. The plaza consisted of several orange trees and a modest monument briefly describing his contributions to the County.

Good to know that you have a "modest monument". Better than nothing, keep the good work with lemons. Hero. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #295

[glow=blue,2,300]The RJH Monument somewhere West of Glasgow [/glow] 

Reply #296
Would be most interesting to know where tt92's prdeccessors came from before they were shipped to an Aussie penal colony. However meantime he trails back to the Middle Ages as abasis for his limited grey cells. We are talking about modern times Aborigine beater and there is no global religion that equals Islam. Did any of your lineage come from Ireland (second attempt)?

Now, now, Smiley, it is typical of your red neck style to be crude and produce such pictures However on research, I have discovered that item you depict was actually the original for the monument in Washington DC that soldiers (in sun glasses, snigger, snigger) patrol It was fly of you to try that one thinking no-one would discover that matter. tut, tut I know you talk it but dear, oh dear.

For the more grey cell filled heads I give a link (don't you collapse Chicago man) which will show a most impressive series of pictures of the Howei Monument which is SOUTH of Glasgow (ex-colonists are never very good at geography). The link also shows the farmhouse. Such places and far off fields were where ministers held services during the "killing times" of the 17th century. Inside a room is where the Covenater service Bible is along with a flag and drum.  And to conclude I remind that the local John Howie wrote a famous book (I have a copy - of course) Tales of The Covenaters. In November 1588 after a secret Presbyterian service at Lochgoin as people were chatting they heard the rumble of horses hooves and thought it was the King's dragoons. Then someone recognised a lone rider on his horse. He onlooker turned to the local Laird and cried "It is okay..it is John Howie hopefully with some news." John pulled up his horse at the crowd and shouted for all to hear "Huzzah, huzzah my friends! Scotland has declared for William of Orange we are free!" So a Howie gave news in 1688 and this one still does the same today. Eat your hearts out...........

ps For an impressive tribute type this - Howie monument Lochgoin   :knight:

Reply #297
For the more grey cell filled heads I give a link […]
And -as usual- you don't… Forgotten, like your once facile English, no doubt! :)
进行 ...

Reply #298
HOWIE MONUMENT LOCHGOIN

There are also other links on the same page  - www.ayrshirecovenanters.org/ is one but several others.

As you will see smarty pants it is an impressive obelisk and there is also in the city of Glasgow a Lochgoin Avenue named after the farmhouse and there used by coincidence a Howie family living in that very street. Try not to be too jealous muckle moos.Oh for goodness sake, I better translate that for foreigners. It means big mouths eat your heart out.

Reply #299
I mean no disrespect — but I can't help noting that the land of the Covenanters is now a windfarm:) (source)
进行 ...