Skip to main content

Poll

Do you consider Islam a 'Religion of Peace'?

Yes
No
Not Sure -- Let me ponder while enjoying a few dozen ice cold beers & some pork sausage off the barbi!
Topic: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace? (Read 88132 times)

Re: ISLAM -- The Religion of Peace?

Reply #125
ohhhh.. an american even corresponds with a muslim that told him that she would post some day...
Isn't that great...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #126
There's nothing wrong with Islam or any other religion. There should always be religious tolerance. However in my country it's very disturbing that some muslims use Islam to brainwash. They use Jihad to declare war, kidnap and kill people who are not their religion, pretty much tainting the image of real hard working&peace loving Muslims like myself and my family and others 
Islam is peaceful if conducted right and understood correctly sadly the people are not .So do not blame the religion blame the people .
Chimpsy

Reply #127
Also its a must for no muslim to use the word Kafir as its stated with in the Quran
Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.
We must always maintain courtesy, diplomacy and a never-dying zeal to convey the message to others no matter how discouraging or useless it may seem - don't give up on a non-muslim because most people are good people who simply need a break from the anti-Islamic propaganda around them.
And also is a muslim calls another muslim a kafir he has just as good as left Islam as i said in my above post its the people of Islam that have distorted and played with the religion and also allowed others from not of the faith to distort their thinking too .
Peace .and love .
Chimpsy

Reply #128
Well there are awful big chink of Islam that fits into the kafir mentality thinking right across the world and a reign of violence abounds. And anyway something more basic - the whole idea of the founder of Islam being a prophet of God which I find a negative. Why would God start a religion with a child molestor? The interpretation of this conundrum will be interesting.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #129
Why worry when we got you Saint Howie have a  :banana:
Chimpsy

Reply #130
Welcome back to the gang Chimpsy

Reply #131

Well there are awful big chink of Islam that fits into the kafir mentality thinking right across the world and a reign of violence abounds. And anyway something more basic - the whole idea of the founder of Islam being a prophet of God which I find a negative. Why would God start a religion with a child molestor? The interpretation of this conundrum will be interesting.

Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary!Was he too a pedophile?
They lived longer age them
i could quote more
When we read the Bible, we learn about some Prophets marrying many wives, even hundreds of wives in some cases. Let us look at some of the verses from the Old Testament:

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

And knowing that the Bible's Old Testament allowed before for men to have sex with girls who were at the age of 3, then it wouldn't surprise me that those Prophets who had 700 wives for instance, had many very young "teenage" girls before as their wives.

It wouldn't surprise me if they too had wives that were younger than Mary when she got pregnant, and younger than Aisha when she got married.

Since there are so many wives that those Prophets married (hundreds of wives), then how would anyone know that they didn't marry young women as our beloved Prophet peace be upon him did with his marriage to Aisha peace be upon her?
Chimpsy

Reply #134

Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary!Was he too a pedophile?
They lived longer age them
i could quote more
When we read the Bible, we learn about some Prophets marrying many wives, even hundreds of wives in some cases. Let us look at some of the verses from the Old Testament:

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

And knowing that the Bible's Old Testament allowed before for men to have sex with girls who were at the age of 3, then it wouldn't surprise me that those Prophets who had 700 wives for instance, had many very young "teenage" girls before as their wives.

It wouldn't surprise me if they too had wives that were younger than Mary when she got pregnant, and younger than Aisha when she got married.

Since there are so many wives that those Prophets married (hundreds of wives), then how would anyone know that they didn't marry young women as our beloved Prophet peace be upon him did with his marriage to Aisha peace be upon her?

Well said.
I don't think we will hear much from Mr. Howie about this.

Reply #136
And all those examples are from the Old Testament which is mainly the standard handbook for Jews so guess that is a sly dig at them! The Old Testament is a precursor of Jewish history and it is the New Testament which is the important part of actual Christianity itself. This would be kind of obvious to those with brains but then this is a cosy wee club. Altogether not a very wise nor mature attempt at debunking me. Typical of course.

Reply #137

And all those examples are from the Old Testament which is mainly the standard handbook for Jews so guess that is a sly dig at them! The Old Testament is a precursor of Jewish history and it is the New Testament which is the important part of actual Christianity itself. This would be kind of obvious to those with brains but then this is a cosy wee club. Altogether not a very wise nor mature attempt at debunking me. Typical of course.

Glad to hear all of this; in which case, you will now throw away the constant bollocks about "queers" and such?
After all, that is from the OT.

Reply #138
Apart from the permission to marry many women - which is NOT the topic here - I fail to see the Bible clearly supporting having sex with children. Specific quotes would help.

Reply #139

Apart from the permission to marry many women - which is NOT the topic here - I fail to see the Bible clearly supporting having sex with children. Specific quotes would help.
The topic is always subject to change...this is DnD! That being the case, give this a gander.
The draft law would cover Iraq’s Shia citizens and residents, a majority of the population of 36 million. It includes provisions that prohibit Muslim men from marrying non-Muslims, legalizes marital rape by stating that a husband is entitled to have sex with his wife regardless of her consent, and prevents women from leaving the house without permission from their husbands. The law would automatically grant custody over any child age two or older to the father in divorce cases, lower the marriage age to nine for girls and fifteen for boys, and even allow girls younger than nine to be married with a parent’s approval.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/03/11/iraq-don-t-legalize-marriage-9-year-olds
Oh, Prophet, what hath thou wrought!

Reply #140

The draft law would cover Iraq’s Shia citizens and residents, a majority of the population of 36 million. It includes provisions that prohibit Muslim men from marrying non-Muslims, legalizes marital rape by stating that a husband is entitled to have sex with his wife regardless of her consent, and prevents women from leaving the house without permission from their husbands. The law would automatically grant custody over any child age two or older to the father in divorce cases, lower the marriage age to nine for girls and fifteen for boys, and even allow girls younger than nine to be married with a parent’s approval.

I have heard of similar laws in Iran. At first I thought they were kind of unfair to women. Now I know better, because I have seen documentaries and Iranian movies about how real life is there. Seriously, those poor men need legal protection against women. (This strictly about Iran, the prime Shia country. I am also somewhat familiar with Wahhabite Saudi Arabia, and there the case is different, as bad as dark ages in Europe.)

Reply #142
Quote from: Jimbro3738
The law would automatically grant custody over any child age two or older to the father in divorce cases, lower the marriage age to nine for girls and fifteen for boys, and even allow girls younger than nine to be married with a parent’s approval.

I have heard of similar laws in Iran. At first I thought they were kind of unfair to women. Now I know better, because I have seen documentaries and Iranian movies about how real life is there. Seriously, those poor men need legal protection against women. (This strictly about Iran, the prime Shia country. I am also somewhat familiar with Wahhabite Saudi Arabia, and there the case is different, as bad as dark ages in Europe.)
This is unfair to those who lived in the 10th century, people who had no alternative models to compare themselves to.

Reply #143
No I will not distance my views on quuers Southern booxing laddie. Any more than you can get away from using an 18th century constitution for wanting to play cowboys. A country that has never grown up.

Reply #144
and it is the New Testament which is the important part of actual Christianity itself.

Even the son of reformation is converting... my words were not in vain
A matter of attitude.

Reply #145

No I will not distance my views on quuers Southern booxing laddie. Any more than you can get away from using an 18th century constitution for wanting to play cowboys. A country that has never grown up.

"Thou hypocrite".   :P

Reply #146
Now how is that for an outstanding declaration re the word 'hypocrite'?! Coming from the place that causes so much bother in the world, contradicts it's so-called values has tens of millions of poor, folk having to fight for basic rights supposed to be enshrined, run by corporates and their allies on the Hill. Ha, ha the word if you didn't know better would make you think that it has been corrupted over there. Ha, ha - don't know why you bothered with higher educ you should have went into comedy. :lol:

Reply #147
While a real, genuine, Muslim don't posts I don't care about this thread.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #148
 :cheers: For one raised in an English speaking country, something has gone terribly wrong with that paragraph, Mr. Howie. :zzz:

Reply #149
No jimbro the thrust is correct so don't hide behind the English stuff!