Boris Johnson's going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
Cameron's going on.
[ 0 ] (0%)
The Labourists are going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
Riots are going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
It's raining again. And again.. and again...
[ 5 ] (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Topic: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies (Read 109200 times)

Re: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies

Reply #450
Can't you see the link?
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #451
No I don't.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #452
Weird.  ???

How about this. Click on this link:up:
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #453
Right, thanks got the link.

Whom were you on about Oakdale - was it Freddie Mercury? If it passingly was then had no time for him!

Reply #454
eh - what guy??
I guess you don't actually live in the UK: Much that goes on there escapes your notice — unless it's prominently featured on the telly! (Would you like me to redact one 'l'? You gave me a hard time about "torry"… :) )

What guy? Hm. Probably your next conservative PM. But never mind: Scots are not important for matters of state.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #455
Wrong as usual dear ex-colonist. Way back in the days of Empire Scots were great administrators of it and in more modern times a whole selection of Scots have been outstanding in the GB parliament. but there again being a Yankee you lot don't know much about the outside world. Every time Yankeeland is involved in some regular military thing or confrontation hen your citizenry are asked about where it is re street tv interviews they are mostly blank. Unfortunately for some God forsaken reason we constantly get groaned with internal USA news which is ridiculous. However as you are a regular i wil let you know we are 3,000 miles away across what is called the Atlantic Ocean. Happy to be of help.

Miles away

Reply #456
These days, they better keep miles away from anywhere else. :left: :right:

Reply #457
 :yes:

Reply #458
Howie, you misunderstand me (or as GW would have said, "You misunderestimate"… :) )
Being bureaucrats and cannon fodder does not make you statesmen.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #459
I do, I do OakdaleFTL and the Presidents you have had actually prove that last statement!  :P

Reply #460
Brexit puts a final end point at this thread.
We finally get rid of anglo saxons.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #462
Of course. When the Brits says they'll Brexit, they don't fool around :left:
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #463
Being a European and Portuguese Belfager it is not just the Anglo Saxons but the Scots, Welsh and Ulster people. I will try nd make allowances for your double background.

Reply #465
At least we could afford to whereas your wee place is short of money and depends on the Euro begging bowl.  :P

Reply #467
So they are guessing.

Reply #468
Not much anymore, no. Mind you, it would be shocking if the first group of Europeans, apart from the Neandertals, were not black. The Neandertals had been here much longer, more than 100,000 years in case of Britain, and they were fair-skinned, and it seems mostly red-headed (based on too small sample to really tell). This man is relatively recent, and it seems they haven't lightened up yet. 

It was far more surprising to find the combination of dark skin and blue eyes, which a fair share of this population seem to have had. Other populations may have had more conventional looks, Ancient DNA sheds light on the mysterious origins of the first Scandinavians. During many of these periods Britain would have been a part of the mainland.

When farming spread to Europe from the Middle East, it seems to have spread with the farmers, these indigenous hunter-gatherers don't seem to have taken up farming to any major extent. 

Reply #469
Even if they were a form of black still distinct say from Africa.

Reply #470
He is from Somerset, England, allegedly 10,000 years ago.
That guy is a skeleton. Everything else is pure imagination based in "DNA tests suggest".
DNA tests suggest whatever we want.

The funny part is that, even black, he has blue eyes... I suppose that samples from the stomach "suggest"  that he used to drink tea at five o'clock.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #471
Double Russian spies are poisoned by... Russian services? How surprising...
That's what English says...  ohh it seems that here's no more double agents for the "Crown".

007 please comeback. Teach these idiots some lessons.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #472
The media and parliament are going daft and like a bunch of clowns. Maybe we should total people taken out by the CIA as a comparison.....? :idea:

Reply #473
The crime situation and the dozens of killing since the start of the year is horrific. Years ago there were moans from non-whites about stop and search. In one Burgh well over a decade ago there were moans  on that subject and the police commander who got slagged off had tried to nicely point out the majority of the population were black and brown hence those young got stopped more often. Even now London is no longer what could be mused as a traditional English city and the racial balance has tilted the other way. Not so long ago - this year in fact that ridiculous man who is the Mayor of the city said it was a safe place. Yeah right.