Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to own, carry, & use Firearms to defend their own lives, & the lives of their family & friends?

Absolutely Yes!
I thinks so.
I don't think so.
Definitely No!
My name isn't String, so let me have a icy cold beer so I can ponder the options...
Topic: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms? (Read 335130 times)

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #800

Nah mjsmaprt40. You lot think your are the world's greatest because you always portray that as a country. The best in everything is the message and your leaders say so including the military junta. I made a point of saying that if you dealt less with trying to be a damn boastful country that has much going on inside that contradicts that you would be respected. any time I have listed the contradictions to the world stance or the same to the constitution I never get an answer to them that could try and dismiss what I say. Instead I get like still doing a dance and petted lip that the wonderful land is picked at!

And along with that a country with the jail population it has, people in death row for years, 10,000 shot a year, over 200 million guns floating about, police shooting unarmed people you are a world hell hole picture. With that ever militarising police making you increasingly like a Police State you have so much to deal with internally instead of spending trillions in the last few years with militarty boots around the world. When you see that image and what goes inside (and with the 50 million on food stamps in the greatest country) small wonder one gets bodyswerves in the idea of principles and morality!

Now the latest police action with 5 policemen in that deadly Los Angeles Police Department. It needed the 5 and 5 bullets to deal with it. O don't have a problem I get lots of examples of hypocrisy! Such a violently dangerous country so maybe it could be solved if aliens ever land and make it the US of A as that would solve the problem!  :lol:

You remind me of that guy I see every time I go to 42nd Street in NYC......He stands on that box every day, thumps his Bible & predicts doom tomorrow.......he's been doin' that for over 25 years as far as I know.

Well, the only people that stop to listen is the passing tourists. The NYers all heard him thousands of times before.

In the end, nobody cares, so he thumps on, nobody cares, that is except the tourists.

RJ..........your facts, your figures, your admonishments...........nobody cares RJ,   Nobody,  I sure don't.

10,000 will die next year, the year after, the year after that, the next year, the year after, the year after that, the next year, the year after, the year after that................................

So what.

All those in prison............so what.

Cops kill some assholes with 5 bullits, 50 bullets, 5,000 bullits. Just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time............it's a shame.........but, life goes on.....so what.

Rj, you thump on old man, you thump on.........I'll check back time to time & check on yer progress.......when the posts stop, sure sign your dead.......life goes on......so what.

Tiocfaidh ár lá 

Reply #801
It is about time that you sensible ex-colonists separated yourselves from the mindset of Smiley. He maks you country look like it is fiull of poorply educated infants. "Who cares"? How immature is that comment. Top of the league for prisons, gun rampaging police as if a minor thing all things that serious minds in America would be concerned about and we get this brutish stuff?

I am long enough in the tooth to know that he is not all of America but there are anawful lot like him especially in the Republican camp. He could not care a damn about what the world thinks about the numbers shot the police anything outside of his closed political and mind corner. I have friends over there who would be hoor stricken at the stuff shown here and remember this folks - he is a terrorist supporter yet claims to be full of democratic rights, principles and such. He misuses his country what the flag is meant to represent and a gun mad terror supporter.

It is so contradictory whilst claiming to be principled and come out with the crazy stuff he does push as well as giving an island somewhere else that has moved on from his thinking and doesn't want people like him. This thread really started on Opera then he did it here and it has dragged on for far too long and been played out. Time it went I reckon and the decent ex-colonists went along with this. It is played out and he comes out with this dribble because there is no kindergarten forum. An open and direct terrorist organisation pusher should not be encouraged. One thing that should be killed is this thread.

"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #803
Yes an interesting link there jimbro and although I was aware of the private prison issue i didn't know how widespread it was. Unfortunately race is the big issue and i note now the criticism of that Ferguson Police Department which kind of epitomises the general fact that the prisons would be almost empty the way a certain group is treated. What was shocking about that town was the heavy arrests for the least thing hence the drawing to what is a national problem. Must be difficult when you are a large minority and get treated as is. Two and a half million in jail is frightening and basically very sad and disappointing.Wish things were different.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #805
Interesting numbers.
Should they be carrying firearms?

Reply #807

It is about time that you sensible ex-colonists separated yourselves from the mindset of Smiley. He maks you country look like it is fiull of poorply educated infants. "Who cares"? How immature is that comment. Top of the league for prisons, gun rampaging police as if a minor thing all things that serious minds in America would be concerned about and we get this brutish stuff?

I am long enough in the tooth to know that he is not all of America but there are anawful lot like him especially in the Republican camp. He could not care a damn about what the world thinks about the numbers shot the police anything outside of his closed political and mind corner. I have friends over there who would be hoor stricken at the stuff shown here and remember this folks - he is a terrorist supporter yet claims to be full of democratic rights, principles and such. He misuses his country what the flag is meant to represent and a gun mad terror supporter.

It is so contradictory whilst claiming to be principled and come out with the crazy stuff he does push as well as giving an island somewhere else that has moved on from his thinking and doesn't want people like him. This thread really started on Opera then he did it here and it has dragged on for far too long and been played out. Time it went I reckon and the decent ex-colonists went along with this. It is played out and he comes out with this dribble because there is no kindergarten forum. An open and direct terrorist organisation pusher should not be encouraged. One thing that should be killed is this thread.

Oh, man! The irony, it hurts!

RJH, if you're going to call somebody else "uneducated", at least try to make an effort at spelling and grammar. The post quoted here would have been unacceptable in 4th Grade English class when I went to school. Big fat sloppy "F" for this effort.

About the other issue: Nope, I at least am not going to kill this thread. At the moment, I'm less likely to get into Smiley's grill about "terrorist" organization membership since, last time I checked the news over by that way, the Orange groups don't shine brightly as people promoting peace and love in Northern Ireland. Seems to me you've got quite a religious and political war going on, and finding anybody with clean hands isn't as easy as you would hope.

Besides, it's just a trifle funny for a fellow who can't seem to say a nice word about anybody insisting that we should shut somebody else down because-- ahhh--- he isn't a good Orange man?
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #808
I have a front loader like this one and take it with me when I go to Walmart.

A wise precaution - now that you're in the south. :left:

Reply #812

Should they be carrying firearms?

Should I? I have a front loader like this one and take it with me when I go to Walmart.

So, you take a front-loader when you go to buy a front-loader. Now all you need is a front-loader to get your front-loader home. Here you go:

According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #815
Here you go:

Americans worships Caterpillars. And many other similar things. And weapons, big weapons, "my weapon is bigger than yours".
I think they have a problem with masculine confidence.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #816
Americans worships Caterpillars. And many other similar things. And weapons, big weapons, "my weapon is bigger than yours".
I think they have a problem with masculine confidence.

Depends on where you are. These negative stereotypes about America are generally hold truest in the poorest and most ignorant parts of the country. Now a rancher in Nevada could well have a high-calibre rifle because he needs to protect his livestock from mountain lions, not because he doesn't feel confident about the size of his dick. If you have to shoot an animal like that, you need to kill it with one shot and don't piss it off by wounding it. With coyotes, you need a weapon known more its accuracy first, then look at the calibre. If you go hunting for a Ram, you also you would also want a weapon that can kill it with one shot for both your personal safety and it's far kinder than having to shot the poor things 4 or 5 times with a .22. There are practical reasons in states like this to have large weapons.

Reply #817
mountain lions

What animal exactly it's what you call a mountain lion? a puma (I suppose you also call it cougar)?
That's an almost harmless animal, a friend of mine had one my son used to play with. Very nice, kind of a bigger cat.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #818
Cougar. They're not so harmless if you happen to look like a prey animal.

Reply #819
Better be careful, playing with those big cats. Every now and then your big kitty gets a glimpse of who and what he really is, then you've got a problem. A big problem. The kind of problem that gets you killed. In a contest between a wild cougar and an unarmed man, I'm putting my money on the cat.

Reply #820

Do newspapers in the South have page three?

Page what? :confused:

Jimbro mentioned it in another thread.
Google "page three" and all will be revealed.
I think you made a typo tt so I corrected it for you.

Happy ogleing.

Reply #821
 ???

Reply #822
Cougar. They're not so harmless if you happen to look like a prey animal.

They usually feed during the weekend. They can almost seem cute any other time as long as you don't arouse their appetite. :worried:

Reply #823

Reply #824
Great for duck hunting!