Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to own, carry, & use Firearms to defend their own lives, & the lives of their family & friends?

Absolutely Yes!
I thinks so.
I don't think so.
Definitely No!
My name isn't String, so let me have a icy cold beer so I can ponder the options...
Topic: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms? (Read 334962 times)

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #625
I couldn't care a toss about whether America does anything to suit me it is what it should be doing for it's own people mjsmsprt40!

If you as a nation did not blow so much about the wonderful principles but not practice them and want the world to have a system of order you want it to have it makes you arch-hypocritical as a country and system. The bulk of the people are no doubt decent but tey have had their belief in the cuntry stolen for the aim of the money barons. The elite blows about how wonderful the country is when we know that is not true for tens of millions of the decent. Everywhere you have stuck your greedy money nose that contradiction continues. Many Americans do wish the country would stop having such a large military budget and spend more internally for the millions who are crawling. Many about the very system and so on. Time after time you leave yourself as a nation open to not just challenge but a place that has long ignored practical democracy, rights and so much more. But as the money people control the system they are frustrated. In trying to be an empire the trillions of dollars mount and the people are no further forward. Indeed the decline of the system is why there is such a poor turnout at national elections for the "great democracy."  The loyalty and self- of the people has been taken over and not for the common good. Time you took a good self look mjmsprt40!

Retreat a bit from the world stage and look after your own suffering as there are legions of them and get back to what was portrayed on that Constitution instead of it being used by the narrow minded and intolerant. Many from there i have met over the years and chatted to on my trips are frustrated at what has happened to their country but the system is no longer controlled by the people instead they are controlled by an increasingly police state style. Sad for a country where family life, endeavour and a belief have been usurped.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #626
Ho hum. More of the same.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #627
Now, now, he does have a couple points. I was among the first to want the military budget decreased, but unfortunately his pal Putin now seems intent on starting Cold War 2.0 , I don't see that happening. There indeed is low voter participation, but that's because the parties produce poor quality candidates that spend the entire election cycle tearing each other part so much that you don't want to vote for either one (the race for Nevada Attorney General came down to a crook and an incompetent,  according the attack ads at least.) But he's blind to how one sided his rants about America are. He lambasted America for being a "police state" but doesn't see that his beloved Russia is more of one, for example.

Reply #628
How blind my US rants are Sanguinemoon?? Let me remind you of some very glaring things that go beyond just empty rants.

-Nearly 10,000 killed by guns annually.  People even stick military style weaponry.
-Police problems every week somewhere over misuses of guns.
-Schools a regular place for shootings. More police looking like military must be a hell of a dangerous living.
-Proportionally amongst the highest forin the world in jail - and executions many found later to be flowed. .
-People in death row for years sometimes a decade. Disgusting and form of torture.
-Half the world's military expenditure. Over 400 bases world wide and still increasing.
-A million a year lose their homes.
-Forty million poor on food stamps (quite a percentage population-wise. Can't all be stupid or worse  prob.
-Many of poor die as too poor for meds.
-More spy agencies than the old USSR and the 3rd Reich. And a dumbness as "security" used.
-For all the Constitution people constantly spied or hampered. Phone, pc, mobile phone not secure.
-CIA torture regime for years.
-Concentration Camp Cuba (shouldn't be there). Even innocents declared still in it. Recognising sovereignty?
-Tries to corner Russia because won't give in to routine US attempt to control the world by US Cold War.
-Political system out of date and fewer people coming out to vote which says something.
-Race is still a big problem in the political system.
-What passes for a parliament is run by a millionaires club and all funded in background by corporates.

Now if these were the activities of an offical dictatorship then that would be expected. but this comes from a country political system that is determined to beat the globe into "democracy." Kind of odd that one considering the way the nation is run and that it has directly supported dictatorships of the bow to US commercial interests or be indirect ruling. Although i am aware there are concerned ex-colonists about how their country now is there are still too many brained emotionals like unfortunately Sanguinemoon (that's sad as it's Christmas!) and even more so by the resident terror supporter Smiley. Traditional American things like family being good at entrepreneurs, etc are or were fine but that has been hijacked by a rightist mentality that is selfish, arrogant and has usurped the basic things that the country was supposed to have been established for.

None of the things above are conjecture or a rant with no basis but hard facts of contradictory life.They are in the proverbial face Gun ho, gung-ho and kindling a Cold War but being grey celled into rubbish only emphasise. They all openly contradict and let's throw in the constantly increasing debt trillions. I only wish the old traditions were still a cause for celebration over the pond but the modern position totally contradicts. That the stance is that I rant can i say that is your corner. You lot rant about freedom, democracy and right across the world but have ran a political-military and corporate ethos around the world contradicting what you are supposed to be standing for. It may be self-comforting to wax about a rant as a cumfy way of shrugging all of these things but they exist and shows a degree of lack of being able to look at things properly and do something about them.

The decline in political voting nationally shows there is an undercurrent but the people who don't vote know they can do nothing about it and that is damnable. Oh I know that these will all be shrugged off but too many to justify the killing sprees, injustice, rights and all the other things. I could be selfish and shrug off the ignorance of some here because I do not live in that dangerous and wasteful politics place but that would be selfish. Instead I will leave the selfishness to those who do nothing about the above as they are comfortable and stuff everyone else. Certainly been a great country but today? Shameful.  :irked:

Reply #629
How blind my US rants are Sanguinemoon

As much any other man's who walks around with blindfold, Howie. You always go for the big numbers. News for you. The US is has the third highest population of any country on Earth, so all the numbers will be big. You say 10,000 murders a year and lambast the US for that. Where's your criticism of Russia with nearly double the murder rate? There may be fewer total murders, but only because the population is much lower. You say 40 million on foodstamps in the US, while ignoring that the poverty rate of the UK is about equal.

Reply #630
Someone who has trouble with words is unlikely to understand numbers.

Reply #631
-Nearly 10,000 killed by guns annually.  People even stick military style weaponry.
-Police problems every week somewhere over misuses of guns.
-Schools a regular place for shootings. More police looking like military must be a hell of a dangerous living.
-Proportionally amongst the highest forin the world in jail - and executions many found later to be flowed. .
-People in death row for years sometimes a decade. Disgusting and form of torture.
-Half the world's military expenditure. Over 400 bases world wide and still increasing.
-A million a year lose their homes.
-Forty million poor on food stamps (quite a percentage population-wise. Can't all be stupid or worse  prob.
-Many of poor die as too poor for meds.
-More spy agencies than the old USSR and the 3rd Reich. And a dumbness as "security" used.
-For all the Constitution people constantly spied or hampered. Phone, pc, mobile phone not secure.
-CIA torture regime for years.
-Concentration Camp Cuba (shouldn't be there). Even innocents declared still in it. Recognising sovereignty?
-Tries to corner Russia because won't give in to routine US attempt to control the world by US Cold War.
-Political system out of date and fewer people coming out to vote which says something.
-Race is still a big problem in the political system.
-What passes for a parliament is run by a millionaires club and all funded in background by corporates.

Yet, even with what RJ lists as his overwhelming  reasons not to go there, America is still the most desired place where peoples from all around the world still wish to migrate to. People obviously think the price is miniscule in comparison to the Freedom, Liberty, & Opportunity that is available to those who wish to work hard for it - in RJ's hell hole   -  in the Good Ole U S of A (note below, more than 3x as many than desire RJ's UK) 

[glow=blue,2,300]138 million foreign adults want to immigrate to The USA [/glow]

The Gallup Organization just released the results of a poll of 500,000 people worldwide. It turns out that America is the first choice destination for 138 million adult would-be immigrants. (Their children would no doubt add scores of millions more, bringing the total up to around, say, 200,000,000.)

And America Jr. (i.e., Canada) is the first choice of 37 million adults, and America's nephew Australia is the first choice of 26 million.

Most of those would likely go to America instead if they could get in.

About 13% of the world's adults -- or about 630 million people -- say they would like to leave their country and move somewhere else permanently. For roughly 138 million people, that somewhere else would be the U.S. -- the No. 1 desired destination for potential migrants.  Canada, France, and the U.K. also rank among some of the other top choices for potential migrants.

Put that in yer book RJ .... Yer alone .... In the end all yer stats mean dick squat  

Reply #632
What is that smell? :sniffs the air: Hrm, it smells like paste. More specifically, like an unattributed copy/paste from Howie. This begs the question, why is afraid to tell us the source? antiamerica.com? wehateamerica.com? biasedbullshitabouttheus.com? Britsthatcantgetoverthelossoftheempire.com?
Recognising sovereignty?

Hrm? weignorantnitwits.com (sic)? As a sovereign nation, Cuba leased the base to US, you dumb fuck chick-a-pooes.

Reply #633
This is sorta-off-topic, but RJ's rants got me to remembering where I've seen that sort of thing before. It was in a propaganda sheet put out by a local Marxist/Leninist/Stalinist group.

Many years ago, I worked in a hammer-shop, and the local commie faction of the above-mentioned beliefs-- it was on their letterhead on every pamphlet they handed out-- loudly declared how bad it was here, and how only giving them control would make things better for the working man. Problem was, most of the working men I knew weren't buying it because we could see how well it worked in countries that supposedly already had that system. They had to build walls to keep their own people in, it was that good. So, no sale.

RJHowie's rants look so much like those pamphlets that it could be almost word-for-word copy-paste. The only thing lacking is M/L/S letterheads and pictures of AK-47s on the front, along with Photo-shopped images of picketers. Otherwise--- it sure looks familiar somehow.
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #634
Then again: If I had to make an un-announced late-night visit to Smiley's house, or a late-night visit to the house of the fellow in the video below--- Smiley's place might be safer. He only has guns. This guy----- ........

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0sY_IPJIQ[/video]

Reply #635

This is sorta-off-topic, but RJ's rants got me to remembering where I've seen that sort of thing before. It was in a propaganda sheet put out by a local Marxist/Leninist/Stalinist group.

Many years ago, I worked in a hammer-shop, and the local commie faction of the above-mentioned beliefs-- it was on their letterhead on every pamphlet they handed out-- loudly declared how bad it was here, and how only giving them control would make things better for the working man. Problem was, most of the working men I knew weren't buying it because we could see how well it worked in countries that supposedly already had that system. They had to build walls to keep their own people in, it was that good. So, no sale.

RJHowie's rants look so much like those pamphlets that it could be almost word-for-word copy-paste. The only thing lacking is M/L/S letterheads and pictures of AK-47s on the front, along with Photo-shopped images of picketers. Otherwise--- it sure looks familiar somehow.

If the grammar, spelling, and syntax are comprehensible, it probably is not a genuine rjh offering.

Reply #636
Well I expect the sycophantic stuff from you tt92. Kind of laughable that people who are wonky with wording like you have the gall to attack someone else. I dare say you have this wonderful intellectual self-belief and being too direct is too much for you. That too kind of contradicts the lifestyle from your corner of the world sonny.

And that confused Chicago man mjsmsprt40 coming out with that rightist US stuff about my thinking being Marxist-Lenin. Always the same over there if you dare to contradict the self evident list I gave. Typically Republican sentiment that anything out of that corner is Marxist. It betrays a deep flaw in American thinking and mind control. I have been a member of one of my country's leading parties and been a candidate for them and something more anti-Red pone couldn't imagine! Shows American immaturity, limited vision. Oh< I missed a point out in my list. If ordinary and you steal money you will end upin jail but not if you are rich and powerful. A brilliant exampe is the man who was head of the Global International lot who was brought before a Senate committee. Over a billion dollars had went missing and he couldn't explain where it went and lots of people who were simply investors lost their life savings. He had also been a Senator and the New Jersey Governor. A Democrats show shows the stuff is broadbased! Did anything happen? Nope.

The guff from Smiley, Chcago and smart mouth in Aussie all simply ignored the list. When I discovered that the US was allocating democracy in Russia I laughed my head off. A country like the US that wants to impose it's way of life and system everywhere as it says publicly is the biggest hypocritical, two-faced, corrupt and dangerous country on Earth.  Massively in debt, people losing interest in voting, military threatening everywhere, corporate greed, tens of millions of por and you lot have a nerve to accuse me?!! I will give one acknowledgement to the kangaroo man. During that fiasco when the US lost South Vietnam there was a massive plan for peace in villages and communities. The Aussies and South Koreans did a brilliant job but the Yanks? hopeless they spent more time shooting the poor folk like the infamous incident we all know about.

Call me what you like but you cannot face the list because it is there for everyone to know and see and world-wide too. Not one thing i listed is wrong and makes my political stance about the US of A what it is in the world and when you go belly up the decent will go down and the corporates will survive. My list is irreptual and you know it. Keep avoiding it and be liars and avoiders of the truth.

Have a nice day folks!  ;) :P :hat:

Reply #637

[glow=green,2,300]NOT MY NANA: [/glow]Teen Kills Home Invader That Targeted His Grandmother

Quote from:      BEARING Arms    http://tinyurl.com/ku6hdvh  
A 14-year-old North Carolina boy shot and killed one of two drug-craving home invaders who were attempting to break into his grandparents’ home to steal her prescription drugs.

A teen is dead and his brother is charged after breaking into a home in southeast Mecklenburg County near Mint Hill on Tuesday, according to police.

The incident happened at a home in the 8600 block of Rolling Fields Road, off of Whispering Falls Ave. near Fairview Rd.

Police say they found and arrested 22-year-old Carlos Delcid on Tuesday night. His brother, 18-year-old Isai Robert Delcid, was shot by the resident’s grandson, according to police.

“They heard some noises, saw an individual at the back of the residence trying to come into their house,” said Lt. Eric Brady of Charlotte Mecklenburg Police.

Brady said when officers first arrived on the scene they found a man, later identified as Isai Delcid, dead at the back of the home.

Police say the brothers were reportedly trying to break into the home when a 14-year-old, who was visiting his grandmother, shot Isai Delcid. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Believe it or not, it was the third time that these same criminals targeted this home since September.

The older brother, Carlos Delcid, had been arrested for breaking into the home in September and October and was out on probation. He was quickly picked up after the crime because he was being electronically monitored with a tracking device as part of his probation.

The Charlotte Observer notes that the teen’s grandfather had wisely trained him to use firearms in self defense, and left the gun where he and his grandmother could access it for protection after the previous break-ins.

The teen gave these idiotic criminals every chance to flee. When Isai Delcid responded by forcing his way through the window, the teen fired his grandfather’s .380-caliber Glock 42 as Delcid came through the window, and struck him with at least one fatal shot.......

Here's just one from RJ's famous list of 10,000       

One that deserved killin'.

But no, you won't hear that from RJ.

Nope he'd rather see the grandmother abused & beaten to a bloody pulp, & the grandson abused & beaten,  rather than being legally defended with a gun.

[glow=black,2,300]Guns save more lives than they take; prevent more injuries than they inflict[/glow]

Quote from:     GOA    http://tinyurl.com/d6no6sj    

* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. [1] This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives. [2]

* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.[3]

* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.[4]

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.[5]

* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).[6] And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."[7]

* Handguns are the weapon of choice for self-defense. Citizens use handguns to protect themselves over 1.9 million times a year. [8] Many of these self-defense handguns could be labeled as "Saturday Night Specials."

Reply #638
rj claims to have laughed his head off.
I will be interested to see if it makes any difference.

Reply #639
I have been a member of one of my country's leading parties and been a candidate for them and something more anti-Red pone couldn't imagine!

That doesn't mean the biased statistics didn't originate in some commie site or blog. These sites and blogs plagiarize the hell out of each other, usually without checking to see if the data presented is balanced or even correct.   The statistics you copy/pasted (and are afraid to reveal the source of) can't be taken seriously for multiple reasons: I already mentioned the sheer size of the US will make any positive or negative number large. It doesn't offer any reference point to America's past performance or a it's performance compared to comparable societies/economies on any of those negatives about America except a weak in prison population. It doesn't taker into account other nations have that the same problems, ie Russia's total number of murders being nearly as the US despite having less than half the population.

I could probably spend hours pointing all the flaws in the list. However, that would a wasted effort since you refuse to learn anything.

Reply #640
I have been a member of one of my country's leading parties and been a candidate for them […]
Twice IIRC, and twice defeated — by the folk who know you best.
If it's any consolation: How you express yourself, alone, would cause those who don't know you to — not want to.

RJ, you're old enough to remember Stalin… Have you opinions now (that you can verify you had previously…) about his regime?
No need have I for verification. You are as truthful as you are intelligent…

Perhaps you can elect Barak Obama your next queen? (For your sort of Scot, it isn't a stretch!)

— This, of course, has much to do with "Gun Control"…?
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #641
I have to admit to finding RJH's list to be fairly ignorable. Seems to be the best thing to do with it, actually.

Truth is, most statistics put up by partisans of either side of a debate should probably be ignored. (Sorry, Smiley-- I especially mean all that NRA stuff. I'm sure there's truth in it, and I'm sure that there's enough politics in it to choke a horse, too.) Simply put, partisans grab the statistics that support their side of the argument while completely dismissing any and all statistics that would support the other side-- making the whole statistical thing openly suspect. It doesn't help that RJH would cut off his right hand before he would reveal where he got his statistics from--- leaving his position even more suspect. Smiley's statistics are heavily biased-- but at least you know where he got them.

Reply #642
I might as well drop in a statistic. RJHowie says we have about 10,000 people a year murdered-- presumably by being shot, I'm not gonna dig it up-- in the United States each year. That's a lot, way too many.

The safety experts would be thrilled if we could get the carnage on our nation's highways down to that level. We had nearly 33,000 people die in traffic accidents in 2013-- down from just over 33,000 the year previously. Of course that means we should get rid of all motor vehicles since it's obvious we're good at killing each other with cars and trucks. Ban them at once. Don't let the sun go down and there's still a functional auto anywhere in the US.

By those statistics, it's far safer to be around guns than it is to be around your Chevy or Ford. But, the headlines scream about guns killing people, and not about the carnage caused by renegade Chryslers. Hmmmmm....

Now--- the source: http://www.nhtsa.gov/NCSA

Never let it be said I didn't practice what I just preached in the post above...

Reply #643
I, to a point agree with my fellow American from Chicago. Each sides stats will surely be chosen to bolster their particular positions.

So, even if we halved (RJ -- that means divide by 2), halved the stats I presented above pertaining to Defensive Gun Use in America, the conclusion actually remains the same.

* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.

Who's going to tell the 100,000 armed American Women that they will just have to grin & bear it rather than defend themselves by presenting their firearms?

Not me....

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.

Again, I'll halve the numbers. Lets say the anti-gun criminologists exaggerated a bit, lets say that Defensive Gun Use was only experienced by 750,000 honest, law abiding citizens.

Who's going to say that three quarters of a million good citizens need to suffer at the hands of criminals, maybe even be murdered, rather than defend themselves with a legal firearm?

Not me....

Hey, lets leave that to RJ.

Let RJ stand up to these good citizens (before they have their firearms taken from them), & tell them in his best Scottish lip, it's for their own good he's taking their firearms away, & it will save all those other 10,000 innocents he's always suggesting it will.

I envision RJ, like a slice of Swiss Cheese, with chalk lines around him!

Reply #644
The safety experts would be thrilled if we could get the carnage on our nation's highways down to that level. We had nearly 33,000 people die in traffic accidents in 2013-- down from just over 33,000 the year previously. Of course that means we should get rid of all motor vehicles since it's obvious we're good at killing each other with cars and trucks. Ban them at once. Don't let the sun go down and there's still a functional auto anywhere in the US.

That's why you need to keep statistical data in perspective and read the whole data, not just the parts that you want. For example table 3  shows alcohol is involved in nearly a third of the fatal crashes. Likewise, with the data Howie offered, what's the rest of the story? I think it was Al Capone that complained that "We only kill each other" (paraphrase). So how many of those gun deaths are criminals killing other criminal over drug dealing territory, revenge killings, etc? Data such as Howie's can be misused in multiple ways 1) guns are so dangerous they should be banned 2) You need to run out immediately to buy a gun so you don't become the next victim 3)the US in general (not just bad neighborhoods) is a dangerous and violent country, etc. All those are kneejerk, emotional reactions that ignores the big picture.
Again, I'll halve the numbers. Lets say the anti-gun criminologists exaggerated a bit, lets say that Defensive Gun Use was only experienced by 750,000 honest, law abiding citizens.

This is a fallacy as well. The Clinton advisers were all liars, so assign a "corrected" value. The phenomenon was also observed in conservative sites trying to "correct" the polling data that showed Romney was likely to lose. To get a real value, you would need to look the methodology and compare other data. Also it assumes that the ones defending themselves were all law abiding citizens. I don't have time to look up the data now, but a complain against "Stand Your Ground" was there was at least a drug dealer successfully using that law against charges of shooting another. To get the real picture requires a lot of digging. 

Reply #645
This is a fallacy as well. The Clinton advisers were all liars, so assign a "corrected" value......

Personally, I feel the number is probably much closer to 2+ million, but I was just making sort of a
complimentary point with that lower 1.5 mil Clinton number.    

Reply #646
This is a fallacy as well. The Clinton advisers were all liars, so assign a "corrected" value. The phenomenon was also observed in conservative sites trying to "correct" the polling data that showed Romney was likely to lose. To get a real value, you would need to look the methodology and compare other data. Also it assumes that the ones defending themselves were all law abiding citizens. I don't have time to look up the data now, but a complain against "Stand Your Ground" was there was at least a drug dealer successfully using that law against charges of shooting another. To get the real picture requires a lot of digging.

First, let me mention that you, Sang, have no understanding of logic sufficient to allow you to talk about fallacies! :)
(You could name the fallacy you refer to…?)

But -second- there's the obvious (…not to you, of course!) point, that real statistics —actual data about actual occurrences— are the same as polls or questionnaires…
When, in your view, does reality intervene in the narrative? I'd presume, never! You don't actually care.
You just want what you want; and you'll support anyone who will likely give it to you… (As far as I can tell, that's your "political philosophy" — Do you have a more concise description? :) )

Two cops killed in Brooklyn. Their slayer was a bad actor, and nut-so; a "career" criminal. But De Blasio, Sharpton (NY radicals…); and Holder and Obama (folk on the national scene…) couldn't bring themselves to retract their incendiary rhetoric.
You and I both know why; so do they.
They don't care. I'm dismayed, that you seem not to, either.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #647
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMO_Hi-uA-s[/video]

Reply #648

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMO_Hi-uA-s

Once again, as it's become a Christmas Tradition in my family, for the third year in a row I've given all my adult relatives the handgun/firearm of their choice.

It could either be a Collectors Item, or a daily carry firearm.

Most last year chose Collectors Items, but this year practical firearms were the call.

May you & yours enjoy all the Holiday Cheer, & may all your Seasons Hopes, & Dreams come true! 

Reply #649
You do like to rattle cages, don't you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/26/gregory-lanier-shot-by-dog_n_2767677.html

Man's best friend apparently was feeling a little less friendly this weekend, according to police in Highlands County, Fla.

Highlands Today reports that Gregory Dale Lanier, 35, was shot by his dog while traveling in his truck Sunday.

According Highlands Today, Lanier told authorities that he didn't realize his .380 pistol was loaded, until his dog kicked the weapon, firing a round into Lanier's leg. "Lanier said he heard boom, saw smoke and felt a burning in his leg," Sebring Police Commander Steve Carr explained.

Police have ruled the shooting accidental and did not detain the dog for questioning.