Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to own, carry, & use Firearms to defend their own lives, & the lives of their family & friends?

Absolutely Yes!
I thinks so.
I don't think so.
Definitely No!
My name isn't String, so let me have a icy cold beer so I can ponder the options...
Topic: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms? (Read 335335 times)

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #600
You're slipping boy. Get out that chair for some fresh air as the country needs a different way than the Democrats or Republicans. When one assesses what Obama has done he isn't any better than the one before him. Once in power and spread some democracy i might do a third visit.  8)
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #601

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ELyG9V1SY[/VIDEO]

Reply #602
[glow=blue,2,300]Texas Rep Introduces Legislation Barring Federal Gun Control
'Past, Present or Future'
[/glow]

On December 1, Texas state representative Matthew Krause (R-Ft. Worth) introduced legislation barring the in-state enforcement of nearly any federal gun control measure "past, present or future."

The legislation, HB422, "requires the state to refuse to enforce" federal gun control measures which infringe on the exercise of the Second Amendment.

Subsection (b) of the bill specifies how the agencies and law enforcement officers of the state or any local government entity in Texas would be prohibited from being used for that purpose:

Any agency of this state or political subdivision of this state, and a law enforcement officer or other person employed by an agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, may not contract with or in any other manner provide assistance to a federal agency or official with respect to the enforcement of a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation purporting to regulate a firearm, a firearm accessory, or firearm ammunition if the statute, order, rule, or regulation imposes a prohibition, restriction, or other regulation, such as a capacity or size limitation or a registration requirement, that does not exist under the laws of this state.
...........CONTINUED

27 States are poised to introduce similar legislation.

Reply #603
[glow=blue,2,300]Growing Public Support for Gun Rights

More Say Guns Do More to Protect Than Put People at Risk
[/glow]

For the first time in more than two decades of Pew Research Center surveys, there is more support for gun rights than gun control. Currently, 52% say it is more important to protect the right of Americans to own guns, while 46% say it is more important to control gun ownership.

Support for gun rights has edged up from earlier this year, and marks a substantial shift in attitudes since shortly after the Newtown school shootings, which occurred two years ago this Sunday.

The balance of opinion favored gun control in the immediate aftermath of the Newtown tragedy in December 2012, and again a month later. Since January 2013, support for gun rights has increased seven percentage points – from 45% to 52% — while the share prioritizing gun control has fallen five points (from 51% to 46%).

Increasing Number Say Gun Ownership Protects People From Crime. The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center, conducted Dec. 3-7 among 1,507 adults, also finds a shift in attitudes about whether gun ownership in this country does more to protect people or put people’s safety at risk. Nearly six-in-ten Americans (57%) say gun ownership does more to protect people from becoming victims of crime, while 38% say it does more to endanger personal safety. .......... CONTINUED

The People are falling in behind Gun Rights Nationally.

What do you think?

(Not you RJ.....We already know your Anti-Anything American Codswallop -- you know the 10,000,000 little kids killed by guns each year, & your billions upon billions of homeless with no moral right to free healthcare whinge   )

76BB

Reply #604
Now if ever anyone simple who isn''t aware there are sensible and decent Americans that latest spout from the terrorist supporter Smiley would misjudge everyone over there. You have no welfare state that EVERY political party supports - national health service EVERY party supports. When it comes to homeless a million Americans a year lose their homes and millions cannot afford any health insurance and 10,000 shoot each other to death annually. What a way to run a country. It looks like a system that encourages limited grey cells and never grown up from the days of cowboy films. At least here you can get a head shrinker at no charge and maybe that is why there are so many head bangers in the USA? You epitomise everything that is wrong in the system and the view you give the world is a horrendous one. Strident hypocrisy, dangerous and flawed. And remember forum people he supports terrorists who kill innocents and not much of an advert for anything except mental hospital aims.

Do try and keep up the near 10,000 shooting to kills annually as you wouldn't want to lose your position in the world. Maybe try Disneyland for a change from gun slinging morons. How sensible ex-colonists deal with so many loose mental cannons I do not know but unless you live in a nice leafy suburb too dangerous a country to wander about in!

Reply #605
Geeez, I'm glad RJ got his little girlie-man hissy fit out his faltering, aging system!!! 

RJ, if you should ever get a Country (as opposed to being just an English colony), feel free to enjoy your Freedoms as much as we --  That is,
if they let ya! 

[glow=blue,2,300]My Country 'tis of Thee, Sweet Land of Liberty! [/glow]

Quote from:      WASHINGTON POST    http://bit.ly/1DkXvhM    
.......... As recently as December 2012, in the immediate aftermath of the Newtown, Conn., shooting, 51 percent of people surveyed by Pew said it was more important to control gun ownership than protect the rights of gun owners.

That consensus has since disappeared, confirming the fears of many gun-control advocates that outrage after Newtown wouldn't last long.[glow=green,2,300]

What's most striking in Pew's new data is that views have shifted more in favor of gun rights since then among nearly every demographic group, including women, blacks, city-dwellers, parents, college graduates, millennials and independents.
[/glow]............... CONTINUED

Reply #606
Yeah and children booked for killing too. George Washington has a lot to answer for nut there again he didn't expect a large part of the population to have child minds and never grow up.

Reply #607

Yeah and children booked for killing too. George Washington has a lot to answer for nut there again he didn't expect a large part of the population to have child minds and never grow up.

Reply #608
Quote from:      CONSERVATIVE TRIBUNE   http://conservativetribune.com/state-nullify-obama-gun-control/#more-26400    
South Carolina may become the 10th state to nullify federal gun control laws.

State Sen. Lee Bright filed two bills last week to rein in the Obama administration’s attempts to infringe on the Second Amendment rights of South Carolinians.

The South Carolina Firearms Liberty Act and the Second Amendment Preservation Act would reject federal gun control regulations and prevent any future federal laws from restricting guns made in the state.

At least nine other states have passed similar nullification laws, the first being Montana, whose 2009 Firearms Freedom Act is largely seen as unenforceable.

States cannot pick and choose which federal laws apply to them, the Supreme Court decided in 1958.

However, de facto nullification can still work because the same court said that states and communities cannot be required to enforce federal regulations.

“Every state helps the feds enforce their gun control in major ways,” Shall Not Campaign spokesman Scott Landreth said in a statement.

The Shall Not Campaign is a pro-gun group that supports legislation like Bright’s, according to guns.com.

“The federal government simply cannot enforce gun control in South Carolina without the help of South Carolina,” Landreth added ..............

With as many state legislatures and governor’s mansions in Republican control after the 2014 midterm elections, we’d like to think that even more states will soon be considering such measures........... .......CONTINUED

The same goes for every State in the Union.

The Federal Anti-Gun Laws can't be enforced without the consent of State Law Enforcement, who can not be legally impelled to enforce any Federal Regulation.

Reply #609
Did anyone see Barbarella? It's a very odd but amusing movie. I don't recall the gun in this video from the movie at all; perhaps it was only featured in promotional material?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWiqr-lwYA0[/video]

Reply #610
If they ever make a well, remake of "Killing Fields" the ex-colonies would be a superbly  ideal place to do it, Would decrease the cost and no doubt the inbuilt attitude of a right to shoot all over the place can be traced back of course to that bit of paper in the 18th century. If you hear a low rumbling noise SmileyFace it is Washington revolving in his grave.  :whistle:

And this is the country that wants others to follow it's lead in the world and it's "values"/ Could have saved a load of cash not bothering with schools and education!  :faint:

Reply #611

If they ever make a well, remake of "Killing Fields" the ex-colonies would be a superbly  ideal place to do it, Would decrease the cost and no doubt the inbuilt attitude of a right to shoot all over the place can be traced back of course to that bit of paper in the 18th century.
If you hear a low rumbling noise SmileyFace it is Washington revolving in his grave.  :

And this is the country that wants others to follow it's lead in the world and it's "values"/ Could have saved a load of cash not bothering with schools and education!  :faint:

You seem to enjoy making up your own twisted history lessons as you go along, to fit your insatiable hatred of all things American.

Taklin' out yer ass about someone ya know nothing about again RJ?

Washington was a very strong believer in the Second Amendment, & a free man's individual right to keep & bear firearms.

”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”   ~George Washington

Now, lets go out there & kill the British! ~ G. Washington

“I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians.” – George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment.

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves.” – Richard Henry Lee.

“And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams.

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence.” – George Washington

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?” – Patrick Henry.

“The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.” – Alexander Hamilton.

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

“To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them.” – George Mason.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.” – Noah Webster.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin.

“A free people ought to be armed.” – George Washington.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” – Thomas Jefferson.

“The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.” – George Washington.

We felt it appropriate to close this list with a quote from the father of our country – George Washington.
No man or woman in the history of America has been given more responsibility and trust, gambling the existence of our newborn nation in the hands of one righteous man. Washington could have been the King of America. He could have been the nation’s first dictator. He could have enslaved the whole continent. But he proved time and again that protecting the freedom of the people was his only concern.

Reply #612

If they ever make a well, remake of "Killing Fields" the ex-colonies would be a superbly  ideal place to do it, Would decrease the cost and no doubt the inbuilt attitude of a right to shoot all over the place can be traced back of course to that bit of paper in the 18th century. If you hear a low rumbling noise SmileyFace it is Washington revolving in his grave.  :whistle:

Are you sure you haven't been drinking something stronger than Irn Bru there, Howie? Perhaps batches are laced with some strange new drug? In fact, all states show a long term decline in murder.   The moral is that you know nothing about America nor her people, so you can kiss our freedom loving ass.

Reply #613
In fact, all states show a long term decline in murder. ......you know nothing about America nor her people, [glow=blue,2,300]so you can kiss our freedom loving ass. [/glow]

RJ's credibility is self-destructing word by word as he continues to spew his anti-American claptrap ad nauseam.

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #614
Oh, boy. Let me check my Bible, it's gotta be in there somewhere. Sanguinemoon and Smileyfaze on the same page-- let me see,, end of the world--- nope, not there, I'm kinda surprised.

Not surprising though that RJ once again is pulling stuff out of his *** to describe his hatred for the United States, with or without sound facts to back it up. You DO know that you have to get your source-material about the US from places other than RT, don't you?

OK--- It IS established-- though we still argue about it-- that the Constitution, in the Second Amendment, does guarantee to the ordinary citizen-- that's you and me-- the right to bear arms, to keep ammunition for those arms, and to practice the use of those arms. Funny thing is, it was our rebellion from the Crown that helped enshrine those very ideas. If British Regulars hadn't marched on Concord and Lexington for the purpose of taking Colonial stockpiles of guns and ammunition, the whole thing might have had a different outcome than it did. As it is, that march showed the Colonials just how important such an amendment truly is to our Constitution and our way of life.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #615
Get rid of the guns and our problems will be solved, right?

Maybe not.

I was just looking at a You-Tube video-- I decided not to post it, look it up-- about how to make a slingshot crossbow. A powerful little beastie, while you may not be able to push multiple bolts with the thing you would be able to shoot at least as fast as you can reload-- and with practice this can be alarmingly fast. It's a killing machine if you take the notion, and has a feature-- silence-- that gun-silencer makers try mightily to copy. Further--- anybody can make it at home. Out of common materials. You probably have most of the materials laying around in a junk-bin right now.

Oh-- you just used it in a crime and now police are looking for it? Much of it is made of wood, just throw it in a fire and be done.

It's a good thing I'm not a criminal. Imagine......
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #616
Crossbows are lethal. Never underestimate them. In Louisiana, not the liberalist of states, if I remember right you could only hunt with crossbow a couple weeks a year. You wouldn't be able to fend off a mugger with one, but in the event of human invasion and your family in danger, a bolt can do as much damage (if not more) than a bullet. I can feel some objections to that so I'll answer before hand. In the Police Psychology thread I mentioned that our guest speaker told everyone that a bullet to the chest is much more likely to be lethal than one to the abdomen. But I'd wager that a bolt there would be lethal.

Reply #617
Crossbows are treated much the same as guns under Dutch weapon regulations.

Reply #618
If British Regulars hadn't marched on Concord and Lexington for the purpose of taking Colonial stockpiles of guns and ammunition, the whole thing might have had a different outcome than it did. As it is, that march showed the Colonials just how important such an amendment truly is to our Constitution and our way of life.

How right you are Mike. 

Founding Father, & co-author of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, George Mason, said it simply:

[glow=blue,2,300]“To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them.” [/glow] ~  George Mason

If the British were successful in capturing Colonial arms (Concord & Lexington were but two depots of many they had on their list), the outcome of the Revolution might have taken much longer to attain, if at all.

The Colonists eventually came to the logical understanding that stockpiling their weapons & ammunition in central locations was a grave mistake, & decided that each of them should keep arms in their homes, & with them wherever they went  -- always at the ready if & when the need arose.

Reply #619
There you go again mjsmsprt40 repeating my hatred of the United States. You cannot seem to fathom out the system from anything else which is surprising for an intelligent man.  So once again (groan  :faint:) I will explain it simply making allowances for  different pond understanding use.

I have no time for your political system which is absurd. There is no limit to what is spent on elections and thus the corporates who really run the country and make so many have two jobs pander to democracy.  InOn a world scale the idea that the USA is out to spread democracy is claptrap and it will support any dictatorship that pals with it or succumbs to corporate business. (billions spent helping the Ukraine coup for example) all the long history of aiding fascist military dictatorships in S. America, etc. Having always acknowledged the decents who DO live there including a female friend of mine now in California for years (she admits the political system is bananas) When you see what the rich pay in tax proprtions to the rest there is another falseness. Here the top 1% pay 28% of the taxes you cannot say that.  That there are so many Smileys in the place does your nation no credit and to the grey celled ex-colonists an embarrassment is understandable. Gun mad and what a country for that ilk never mind jails full, over sentencing and people on death row for a decade??

As for that latest comic insert by our resident terrorist (your again!) it is not unlimited guns needed but control of the money men in-between shooting each either and the innocents. Just coming out so quickly with the hate word maybe shows a weakness there dear Chicagoan?!  If i hate the place as you thrown in I would have hardly visited at great costs and twice. So leaving aside the sensible people there are far too many nut jobs like Smiley who live in the late 19th century and never caught up and that is a bigger problem for you than me. Self inflicted dear man!  :lol:

Reply #620

Take a laxative ole man.

[glow=blue,2,300]GUN RIGHTS WIN IN 9TH CIRCUIT [/glow]

Quote from:     SOF      http://www.sofmag.com/gun-rights-win-9th-circuit   
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals denied an effort by California Attorney General Kamala Harris to intervene in a case involving concealed carry permits. The refusal means that a lawsuit challenging California’s “may issue” concealed carry law will succeed.

According to a report by FoxNews.com, Harris’s effort to intervene in the suit after San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore announced that he would not appeal the ruling. The sheriff of Yolo County, California, which also was involved in a similar case, also declined to appeal the ruling, which struck down a requirement that applicants for a concealed carry permit show a specific reason to be granted one. The three-judge panel also heard a case from Hawaii, which also required that applicants show “good cause” to be granted a permit, and similarly struck down that state’s requirement.

The result of these rulings is that California and Hawaii will become “shall issue” states, boosting the total number of states with either “shall issue” concealed carry or “constitutional carry” (requiring no permit) to 44. The only states with “may issue” laws, some of which are so strictly interpreted so as to make these states “no issue” states, are New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Rhode Island, New York, Massachusetts. The District of Colombia passed a restrictive “may issue” carry law after a court ruling, and most U.S. territories are either “may issue” or “no issue.”

44  out of  50  either “shall issue” concealed carry or “constitutional carry” .........  it's gunna happen, sure as shootin' .......... anyone wanna bet??  

Reply #621
RJ, I think I have you pegged about right.

Several years back, MAD magazine had a picture of a fellow called the "Super Patriot". He was described as loving his country but hating 98% of the people in it.

That sorta describes the way you come off about the US. You might like us well enough, but you hate 98% of everything about the way we run things here. Every post describes how we don't do things to suit you.

Well, now that I think of it, I reckon we DON'T do things to suit you. How's about moving here, establishing citizenship, and actually--- oh, I don't know--- maybe voting people into office who will do things the way you want them done? Otherwise, I don't see any particular reason why anybody here should pay a lot of attention to anybody there. Stamp your feet, jump up and down and scream all you want, as long as you insist on remaining over there then there's no particular reason why anybody over here should pay much attention.

Reply #622
Several years back, MAD magazine had a picture of a fellow called the "Super Patriot". He was described as loving his country but hating 98% of the people in it.

That sorta describes the way you come off about the US. You might like us well enough, but you hate 98% of everything about the way we run things here. Every post describes how we don't do things to suit you.

That sounds about right. He never misses a chance to go on an anti-American diatribe, as you know. Yes, America has problems but show me a seemingly perfect country and I'll show you the one with the most advanced propaganda machine. Historically, he is correct that America supported cold-war dictatorships but the British Empire took control of nations lorded over them in dictatorship; often resulting in the deaths of millions. Of course, he can answer with the American treatment of the natives. But this is the 21st century, and time to stop licking the wounds of the past and move forward.

Reply #623

Heh, that reminds me of how Vlaams Belang is raging about the mainstream parties destroying Flemish values. I'm pretty sure the fact that they're mainstream probably means their policies give a better idea of Flemish values than whatever the fringe party says…

Reply #624
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals denied an effort by California Attorney General Kamala Harris to intervene in a case involving concealed carry permits. The refusal means that a lawsuit challenging California’s “may issue” concealed carry law will succeed.

Sort of seems like a made-up issue designed to get the gun lobby more donations. Is there actually a problem with in which qualified people are not getting their CCWs? That would hardly be unique to Second Amendment issues. I think every group has activists that come with problems that turn out to be nothing.