Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to own, carry, & use Firearms to defend their own lives, & the lives of their family & friends?

Absolutely Yes!
I thinks so.
I don't think so.
Definitely No!
My name isn't String, so let me have a icy cold beer so I can ponder the options...
Topic: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms? (Read 334998 times)

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #450
Still proving you are one of the mental midgets there Sanguinemoon. You cannot answer my statement on children being killed and on top of that only use my regular quote (land of nut jobs - maybe I should acknowledge my thanks) about all you trigger happy nutters using the 18th and early `19th century as an excuse to kill them and the thousands of adults. What a terribly violent nation and doesn't get any better. So now the whole world knows that the killing of lots of kids is okay in the violent ex-colonies which hypocritically tries to show itself as a wonder to the world. Yeah it is as a gunslinger's paradise. Disgusting.  :down:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #451

Still proving you are one of the mental midgets there Sanguinemoon. You cannot answer my statement on children being killed and on top of that only use my regular quote (land of nut jobs - maybe I should acknowledge my thanks) about all you trigger happy nutters using the 18th and early `19th century as an excuse to kill them and the thousands of adults. What a terribly violent nation and doesn't get any better. So now the whole world knows that the killing of lots of kids is okay in the violent ex-colonies which hypocritically tries to show itself as a wonder to the world. Yeah it is as a gunslinger's paradise. Disgusting.  :down:

Gotta question: Who is " all you trigger happy nutters"? You were responding to Sanguinemoon, and-- "trigger happy" isn't something likely to be said about him any time soon. Or haven't you noticed. Oh, wait, that's right. ALL of us here in the ex-colonies are trigger happy nutters. Gotcha.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #452
Gotta question: Who is " all you trigger happy nutters"? You were responding to Sanguinemoon, and-- "trigger happy" isn't something likely to be said about him any time soon. Or haven't you noticed. Oh, wait, that's right. ALL of us here in the ex-colonies are trigger happy nutters. Gotcha.

It's all part & parcel of RJ's Anti-American Dancing Haggis Show ...... if it fits his perverted needs, it's in. 

Even though 99+% of all legal firearm owners never commit any crime using those firearms, you -- by RJ's warped reasoning -- you are all trigger happy gun nutters because you have a Constitution that says the right to keep & bear firearms shall not be infringed --- which, as said before, was not a right bestowed upon the people by the writers & signers of that Constitution, but an acknowledgment by them of our inalienable right to self-defense.

All of RJ's cheese has slid off his cracker -- right into his Irn-Bru.

Reply #453
You cannot answer my statement on children being killed and on top of that only use my regular quote (land of nut jobs - maybe I should acknowledge my thanks)

You didn't ask a question nor specify what the children die of. That asinine statement was "More children die in the land of nut jobs than die of things like Cancer." Calling all Americans "you trigger happy nutters" is like calling all British people nearly illiterate based on your abuse of the English language. You're trying to paint all citizens of the world's third largest country by population with the same brush dipped in violent hue. Your anti-American rants beg the question of are you really concerned about the children or finding another excuse to lambaste America.

Here are the causes of death in the US by age ranges. You'll that Malignant Neoplasms (malignant tumors) indeed outnumber homicide deaths among children up to the 15-24 age bracket. Even those numbers are low, considering the the US has a population above 311,000,000. Comparisons like that are nonsense regardless, since diseases such as cancer typically occur later in life.

Reply #455
To SmileyFaze and Sanguinemoon. I do understand that neo-con braindeaders have to have things as simple as possible. Regarding children (again!) your violent land sees more children killed with guns and accidents with guns to that point of 9 times anywhere else. For the majority here it was probably understood but there we are. Mind you it does show the consideration of jimbro to include you gunslingers and neo-cons to be considered a place...... :o :D

Reply #456
What or who is a neo-con?

Reply #457

What or who is a neo-con?

As written it means absolutely nothing except that it's writer is childishly ignorant in how to spell the word. There is a word 'neocon' which is sort of short slang for neoconservative.

A neoconservative is a conservative who subscribes to neoconservatism.

Noun: neoconservatism
1. An approach to politics or theology that represents a return to a more traditional point of view (in contrast
to more liberal or radical schools of thought of the 1960s)

Reply #458
Thanks.
I actually assume that any time the word is encountered it is just that, but was trying to hint that Mr. H was cutting and pasting from journalistic ramblings that he only partly understood.

Reply #459
If you cannot figure out simple stuff laid out proves my point about so many ex-colonists. not surprised your government has a problem with education.

Reply #460
I do understand that neo-con braindeaders have to have things as simple as possible.

Neocon? Me? :lol: I never thought I'd ever be call that! The Irn Bru must have gone straight to your brain. Maybe that also explains your perverted dreams of dancing haggis. Has there ever been a study of the side effects of that stuff?

Reply #461
Quote from: Sanguinemoon link=topic=99.msg25462#msg25462 date=1407974[center
301]
:lol: .......... perverted dreams of dancing haggis .......

[glow=blue,2,300]Dancin' Haggis!!! [/glow]

Reply #462

Reply #463
Unable to cope with the mental truth due to the level of nutjob characters over there you do a dance. One day the place will collapse due to the massive debts and you two can run about whooping and shooting to your heart's content. Mind you that would be an alternative as there aren't enough head shrinkers to cope as it is. Roll on the future.  :yes:

Reply #464
Quote from:   The National Journal       http://tinyurl.com/kmvqdg2     

.........Mental health is the ugly kid sister in the health care debate that gets ignored by all but the most passionate policymakers, many of whom have personal experience with mental disabilities. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, protested on the Senate floor Thursday that Republicans and Democrats were fighting over the wrong issue. The issue isn’t the guns, he said. It’s mental health. “Let’s make sure that guns aren’t getting into the hands of people we all agree shouldn’t have them.”

The legal connection between gun buying and mental health is uneven and unfair. There is no single definition of an “adjudicated” mental-health problem that bars a person from buying a gun, and they can vary from court to court and case to case. Many states don’t report mental-health cases to the feds for fear of violating privacy laws or because they lack the resources. Mental-health advocates fear that widening the gun-owning restrictions on people with mental-health problems will deter people such as veterans or police officers from seeking treatment. Once they are in treatment, what reassurances do they have that they won’t be banned from owning a gun?

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., a pro-gun Republican, sponsors legislation that would require states to report adjudicated mental-health cases to the national database of people barred from gun purchases, clearing up some privacy questions. But Graham’s bill also would give people on that list a chance to prove they are rehabilitated or that they aren’t a threat to themselves or society.

Gun-control advocates hate this bill because they say it would make it easier for people with mental-health problems to buy guns. Graham says he’s only trying to be fair. “We’re trying to make sure that seeking treatment—you know, we all go through tough times—does not deny you your Second Amendment rights. So we’re doing a balance here,” he said...........continued

Put in-depth emphasis on the proper objectives (the mentally ill & criminals) instead of the inalienable rights of  [glow=blue,2,300]  all    [/glow] [glow=green,2,300] law abiding, gun owning citizens, [/glow]who are not the problem, for which the anti-gun progressive left know oh so well.

Reply #465
The term is too broad. There are many types of mental conditions that do not increase a person's chance of committing violent acts, but others do make it dangerous for the person to be anywhere near a gun. The trouble is the later group are far less likely to voluntarily seek help or even be aware they're sick. So there's the potential for someone that see the psychiatrist for bouts of depression being denied a gun (risk of suicide) but dangerous psychopaths (such as the Millers) being able to get one. In fact, that's a likely scenario. I don't think there's any one answer, besides going on a case by case basis. Some might say a quick mental health quiz before purchase, but you'd need to have the IQ of a retarded monkey or even lower, such as that of a Scotsman, to fail it.

Reply #466
I do have a great depth of sadness for all those ex-colonists who are not mental Audie Murphys as they represent a swathe of the country that has never grown up mentally and use the late 19th and early 19th century as an excuse to justify their nuttiness. With such a violent nation leading the "Free World", it is no surprise we have world problems. You have just over 4 moths to reach the annual target of 1 -11,000 gunnings a year. Like the increasing debt I am more than sure it will be excellently achieved.

Reply #467
Hrm, I think we can replace Howie with a machine. Let's see

Quote from: Howie Blather Generator
I want this post to serve as an oasis of sanity in Ex-Colonists's desert of foolishness. Let's get down to business: Ex-Colonists says that the purpose of life is self-gratification. Whenever I hear such statements from Ex-Colonists I reel in disbelief. Does it really believe such deluded things? It's questions like that that honestly get people thinking about how I am not a robot. I am a thinking, feeling, human being. As such, I get teary-eyed whenever I see Ex-Colonists force me to undergo “treatment” to cure my “problem”. It makes me want to evaluate the tactics it has used against me, which is why I'm so eager to tell you that I recommend paying close attention to the praxeological method developed by the economist Ludwig von Mises and using it as a technique to cast a gimlet eye on Ex-Colonists's escapades. The praxeological method is useful in this context because it employs praxeology, the general science of human action, to explain why Ex-Colonists will understate the negative impact of antiheroism one of these days. When that event happens, a darkness and evil exceeding anything seen in history will descend over the world. I can hope only that before it does, people will raise the quality of debate on issues surrounding Ex-Colonists's sanctimonious causeries. Only then can we admonish Ex-Colonists not seven times, but seventy times seven.

For years I've been warning people that Ex-Colonists plans to condemn children to a life of drugs, gangs, drinking, rape, incest, verbal abuse, physical abuse, and a number of other horrors. However, that's not my entire message; it's only a part of it. I also want you to know that those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still assert that we must stand united as free, sovereign individuals and focus on the major economic, social, and political forces that provide the setting for the expression of an annoying agenda, have an obligation to do more than just observe what Ex-Colonists is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to fight scurrility and slander. We have an obligation to create a world in which zabernism, totalism, and pessimism are all but forgotten. And we have an obligation to challenge its claims of exceptionalism. If Ex-Colonists had lived the short, sickly, miserable life of a chattel serf in the ages “before technocracy” it wouldn't be so keen to dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories. Maybe it'd even begin to realize that its votaries argue that it can change its ill-bred ways. These are the same avaricious, overweening nutty-types who burn its castigators at the stake. This is no coincidence; if you think that this is humorous or exaggerated, you're wrong.

Pretty well spot on! :yes:

Reply #468
Not really. The spelling is too good, the grammar is too good,

Reply #469
That's what I thought, too. Otherwise-- it's close.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #470
Known felons & other violent criminals with guns are not being prosecuted by the DOJ.........Why?

Why doesn't the DOJ enforce the existing gun laws on the books instead of wrangling for 'newer' gun laws
that only affect law abiding citizens?

Quote from:     TPU   http://tinyurl.com/ono6rmc   

....... Liberals are not about doing, they are about posturing. Liberals love to perform for the camera as a way to play naïve, ill-informed, misguided Americans like fiddles. They are masters at publically wringing their hands and crying crocodile tears every time another nutcase uses a gun to act out his psychological disorders. But ask them to stop talking and do something—something like enforcing the myriad gun laws already on the books and they are stunned into silence. If liberals were really concerned about gun violence, they would demand that the Justice Department do its job and prosecute the gun-related cases recommended to it by law enforcement agencies. Don’t count on this happening. Under the current Justice Department a violent criminal has a better chance of winning the lottery than being prosecuted by Attorney General Holder, et.al ..............continued

Reply #471
Usual elementary gobbley-gook from tt92. Being of a red neck mentality facing anything more than a sneer is beyond his capability however I do feel for him. So sad.

Reply #472
gobbley-gook from tt92. Being of a red neck mentality

In all seriousness. "Gobbledygook" (naturally a spelling correction) 'round these parts is a more redneck word. I understand you're a Scot tho.

Reply #474
Haha you lucky man!  :yikes: