Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to own, carry, & use Firearms to defend their own lives, & the lives of their family & friends?

Absolutely Yes!
I thinks so.
I don't think so.
Definitely No!
My name isn't String, so let me have a icy cold beer so I can ponder the options...
Topic: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms? (Read 335363 times)

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #175

An armed & trained teacher or security officer with a Glock probably could have scared this asshole into dropping his weapons much sooner, either that or he could have popped this scumbag in the grey matter way before most of those 30+ minutes of butchery took place, probably sparing many of the young victims.
Anybody?

RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a security guard during an armed robbery at a mini-mart in Rancho Cucamonga.

Diego Dominguez, 36, of Rancho Cucamonga, was arrested Sunday. He is suspected of shooting and killing 45-year-old Dean Sena as he worked at a strip mall on Arrow Route and Hermosa Avenue around 11:20 p.m. Saturday.

Your point?

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #176
For goodness sake jimbro. How can you scoff an dismiss. Just how many such things have went on in your schools? One of those top of the pile wins the US won't brag about. It is hardly just one or two. Between these semi-regular occasions and so many loose grey cells in the military you have a problem whether you like to be reminded or not. Meanwhile your pal Smileyfaze is content that it was a knife that effected so many and not a gun. Kind of tells you something!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #177

Reply #178
What don't you understand about the difference between a tyrannical regime in Syria and mass killings in the United States?

:lol: Who did you vote for in 2012? :lol:

Reply #179
You are talking to a neo-con and terrorist killing supporter jimbro so don't expect common sense.

Reply #180
Politicians have their own way to tell us what they think. What Obama tells makes sense to me.

Reply #181
It depends where those Syrian weapons end up...maybe our good friend Al Qaeda. I wonder how Al's doing.

Reply #182

What don't you understand about the difference between a tyrannical regime in Syria and mass killings in the United States?

:lol: Who did you vote for in 2012? :lol:
Nope. Him and the hysterical anti-Obama crowd seem to have no concept of tyranny. It's one thing to disagree with a president's policies and quite another to even try to compare the president to Assad, not to mention disrespectful to the latter's victims and their families and those that live under true dictatorship. Obama's  term winds down. Who's guns did he take away? Who lost their freedom of the press? Hint: if Obama was anything like the neo-cons say he was, sites such as Brieitbart would have been taken down or only accessible through through proxies or whatever. Clues for sale dirt cheap, GOPers!

Reply #183
....Who's guns did he take away?.....

Ah, that's the key, he didn't take our   [glow=green,2,300]2nd Amendment Rights[/glow]   away simply because against all his best efforts he wasn't permitted to --  by a vigilant & united front of gun owners & protectors of the Second Amendment, combined with the efforts of wonderful organizations like the [glow=black,2,300]NRA,[/glow]  Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, GeorgiaCarry.org, Grass Roots North Carolina, Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners of New Hampshire, Gun Owners' Action League, Handgun Club of America, Law Enforcement Alliance of America, Liberty Belles, Massachusetts Rifle Association,  National Association for Gun Rights, New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, Pink Pistols, Saint Gabriel Possenti Society, Second Amendment Foundation, Second Amendment Sisters, Stonewall Shooting Sports of Utah, Students for Concealed Carry,  Virginia Citizens Defense League, [glow=green,2,300]& thousands of other patriotic gun advocacy, & activist organizations all across America --- from sea to shining sea.[/glow]

If he coulda, he woulda, & you can bank on that!

The fight is never over, Obama, & those that will follow him, still have heinous Anti-Second Amendment plots to hatch, but we're on to them like white on rice!

We will never give an inch to any anti-firearm legislation....ever ---  none, zero, ziltch!

[glow=black,2,300]...Shall Not Be Infringed....[/glow] has no room for compromise!!!!!

Reply #184
Because he didn't try. In fact, that was used against him in 2012 by members of some second amendment groups. Yeah, the screwballs said that because he didn't try to take away guns in the first time meant he planned to in his second. WTF kind of reasoning was that? There's so much paranoia regarding this president that it's ridiculous. This paranoia is deliberately cultivated  by groups such as the NRA to increase gun sales, More pernicious is that they seek to cultivate a "need" to have a gun, a type of fear of their fellow man, even as the crime rate (both violent and non-violent) continues its decades long fall. They do this for the same reason.

Reply #185
Because he didn't try.......

Is prevarication going to be your call 'Cooney?

You know what you said could be called a split tongued, bold faced lie if I wished to call you a liar, but rather than bore everyone with a litany of ways Barrack Hussein Obama & his Administration has attempted (& failed as he always does & hopefully always will)  failed to weaken & destroy America's Second Amendment Rights, I'll just post a single (1) (yes, just one) little truth to completely refute & destroy that falsehood that "<Obama> ... he didn't try".

Quote from:      The Washington Times ..... Obama’s backdoor gun ban .. Government is blocking sale of historic weapons     http://bit.ly/1ht779n            

...... It’s hard to see how these M1 rifles could be considered risky when they already are offered for sale by the U.S. government through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. In fact, the federally sponsored CMP puts on summer camps that teach boys and girls how to handle the Garand properly and safely. In the past seven years, there hasn’t been a single accident. Many of the participants go on to serve their country or take part in shooting sports at the collegiate and Olympic level.

It’s more likely that the administration is seeking to win the admiration of gun grabbers. Mr. Obama has a history of supporting gun control as a state senator and U.S. senator, but he’s been limited in his ability to implement this anti-gun agenda as president. Democratic members of Congress remember the federal assault-weapons ban as one of the lead issues motivating voters to turn Congress over to Republicans in 1994. Senators facing tight races in pro-gun states don’t want to see a repeat of that midterm landslide. Therefore, the best way for Mr. Obama to appease the gun-grabbing fringe is to take actions that won’t bring too much attention to what he’s doing. As long as the destruction of these rifles stays under the public radar screen, he will have achieved his goal ..........continued

Now 'Cooney, stop telling your childish & foolish lil fibs -- to put it mildly.  

[glow=blue,2,300]EVERY AMERICAN [/glow]  knows Obama has tried, & will continue to try, to take down the [glow=green,2,300]Second Amendment of the US Constitution ... from the Bill of Rights ... The Right of American's to Keep & Bear Arms[/glow]...........via the front door, via the back door, via any way his fiendish little mind thinks it can accomplish the deed.

Well, it ain't gunna work! 

Nope.

We will never permit Obama, or any of the other little self-righteous politicians for that matter, we will never permit them to Infringe on our Right to Keep & Bear Arms, in any way, manner, or form!

[glow=black,2,300]No Compromise....ever......period![/glow]

The only way to accomplish Obama's anti-firearm agendas is if the gun-grabbin' left is able to repeal the Second Amendment via a 28th Constitutional Amendment --- Any other way would have to be over the cold dead bodies of 80+ million armed gun loving Americans. 
[glow=green,2,300]
Time to Lock 'n Load?
[/glow]

I like the    odds, so I'm up for the challenge ---- How about     lil ole you?

Reply #186
Ah, a see you can't point out any examples of Obama taking away everyone's guns, or even attempting to. Hell, Reagan did more to "gun grab" throughout his political career than Obama did. Look it up.

Of course, the point isn't who did more to try a "gun-grab." It's the the Right has completely lost it with the current president. I'm not saying Obama is a good president. I am saying you folks have lost perspective. It started while he was still President-Elect and didn't even take office. Yes, I've personally seen a protest against all the things Obama supposedly did - before the man had a chance to do anything at all. You see, I live in the real world, not the world of pundits - more than half of whom are borderline plagiarists passing along the same lie without checking the facts.

Of course, none of that means anything to you. You think I'm a gun-grabber, not understand that I received my first gun from my father while in the fifth grade and grew up around guns. That's how I know that some people shouldn't be allowed to have one.  When we came to Vegas we hired some Mexicans in front of Home Deport to help unload the truck. You should have seen the look on the workers faces when the saw all my dad's rifles, even the weapons where packed away in their cases and unloaded. You still want me to be as anti-gun as you're pro-gun. I can't do that for you. I'm pro-gun, but also pro-common sense laws.

Reply #187
Quote from:  'Cooney   ''at no dime does his fingers leave his palms''  the mooner

Ah, a see you can't point out any examples of Obama taking away everyone's guns, or even attempting to.     

Ah, I see --- same ole 'Cooney, get caught-out with yer ass & weenie dangelin' in the breeze --- gotta deflect, deflect, deflect...

Quote from:  'Cooney   ''at no time does his fingers leave his palms''  the mooner
.......I am saying you folks have lost perspective.     

You wouldn't know a perspective if it smacked you flat in the face like a 6 month old dead carp!

Quote from:  'Cooney   ''at no time does his fingers leave his palms''  the mooner
You should have seen the look on the workers faces when the saw all my dad's rifles, even the weapons where packed away in their cases and unloaded.

Ewwwwwww, an in his own mind, gun-totin', ornery Procyon!!         

Now, I'm supposed to be really, really impressed!!    ......    [glow=blue,2,300]NOT! [/glow]

You're so confused........do another line or three!       :lol:

Reply #188
The idea of being pro-gun boggles my mind as much as being pro-taxi or pro-enema.

Roughly 11,000 Americans are murdered yearly by gunfire. Where gun ownership is low, Japan is an example, other methods are available...knives are popular.
In a chilling rampage that shocked the nation, a 37-year-old man burst into an elementary school in Ikeda, a suburb of Osaka, about 310 miles west of Tokyo today and began stabbing and slashing students and teachers.

The mass killing, the worst in Japan since a nerve gas attack on Tokyo's subway six years ago, sent hundreds of panicked children — many of them sobbing and screaming for help — scrambling to get out of the school premises.

Gun haters are sometimes quick to make stupid arguments.
Since 475 people were murdered with a gun in Mississippi in 2010, that drop in gun ownership would translate to 80 lives saved in that year alone.

Were there no guns available murderers might find other methods, à la Japanese killers.

Whining, shouting and hysteria aren't going to change the gun debate. If this topic is here in twenty years, the only thing that will have changed will be the number of posts.

Reply #189
I do have to say that I have oft been puzzled by this love of the gun in the ex-colonies. As was pointed out by jimbro the matter of militias was the original purpose and has now become an almost juvenile need for them. Is the place that bad that 300,000,000 guns are needed. SmileyFaze in warping the Constitution's meant aim only continues to make the country look absurd not only to sensible Uncle Sams but the wider world. Strange.

Reply #190
The idea is right, and Smiley at least isn't going to exterminate innocent animals for the sake of farmers.

Reply #192
Oh, I remember those words from Heston years ago and not surprised he was an NRA apostle as I always thought him a yeuchy and dumb bloke. However jimbro, unfortunatelyit seems that what is already going on is schools some have already jumped the point!

Reply #193
Heh.

Reply #194
Hey ,do you think jimbro moving back up north was a point?!

Reply #195
Moving back north was about family, but I don't understand your question/statement.

Reply #196

Quote from:  'Cooney   ''at no dime does his fingers leave his palms''  the mooner

Ah, a see you can't point out any examples of Obama taking away everyone's guns, or even attempting to.     

Ah, I see --- same ole 'Cooney, get caught-out with yer ass & weenie dangelin' in the breeze --- gotta deflect, deflect, deflect...

.......I am saying you folks have lost perspective.     

You wouldn't know a perspective if it smacked you flat in the face like a 6 month old dead carp!

You should have seen the look on the workers faces when the saw all my dad's rifles, even the weapons where packed away in their cases and unloaded.

Ewwwwwww, an in his own mind, gun-totin', ornery Procyon!!         

Now, I'm supposed to be really, really impressed!!    ......    [glow=blue,2,300]NOT! [/glow]

You're so confused........do another line or three!       :lol:
I see you still have no answers. I was trying to get specific examples out of you, but continue in your failure to provide them. I can only assume they don't exist.

The point wasn't to impress you. It's that just because one thing is white, it doesn't follow the other is black. Get it now?

Let me know when you're ready to discuss this like an person with a brain larger than a walnut.

Reply #198
Does it?

Reply #199
Well, if you remove the numbers and turn the graph upside down, perhaps.