Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to own, carry, & use Firearms to defend their own lives, & the lives of their family & friends?

Absolutely Yes!
I thinks so.
I don't think so.
Definitely No!
My name isn't String, so let me have a icy cold beer so I can ponder the options...
Topic: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens Own, Carry, & Use Firearms? (Read 335130 times)

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #151
....back then citizens militias might have a chance against the US military...

75 to 100 million gun owners make a substantial guerrilla fighting force, if called upon.

"Give me Liberty, or Give me Death" ........ Those words still mean the same thing....better to die in the pursuit of Freedom, than to serve to the whim of a government in breach of it's Constitutional obligation to the people.

Also, about 75% of the military, when asked, said they would never fire on another American..........ever.

Due to their oath of military service, they owe allegiance solely to the preservation of the Constitution, not a Government, a Flag, or a Commander in Chief.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.........

So, I wonder where their loyalties lay?

Will they honor their oaths?

Below are 3 videos.

I strongly suggest, to understand what [glow=black,2,300]Oath Keepers[/glow] is all about, watch all 3 videos ...... at minimum the first one.

I have taken the Oath Keepers Oath at the 6:20 mark of video #3 with my family & friends, many of which are present & former service & law enforcement personnel.

Quote from:         Part of the Oath Keepers Declaration         http://oathkeepers.org/oath/about/     

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IzGEJvxOO0#t=183[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zztaj2AFiy8#t=243[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f8oWVZ3Qwg[/VIDEO]

EDIT: gorilla to guerrilla

Re: Gun Control - Should Ordinary Citizens be allowed to Own, Carry, & Use Firearms?

Reply #154

75 to 100 million gun owners make a substantial guerrilla fighting force, if called upon.

Also, about 75% of the military, when asked, said they would never fire on another American..........ever.

If anywhere near that could be mustered, yes. I'm not sure where to begin. There would be resistance, but you'll be lucky to get a couple hundred thousand out of all those gun owners. In this day and age, every electronic communication and be intercepted. Cruise missile to the armed resistance.

This   might clarify the issue for you. See last post of the first page. It might clarify for you that the US military has, in fact turned on the Americans multiple times. This doesn't count the civil war.  In fact, it turned on veterans. Don't even begin to think American troops won't turn on Americans again. I'm sure 75% say they won't and actually believe it but there's also the issue being trained to follow orders, the propaganda they're given about the targets. Yes, they're likely to believe that firing on the resistance cells is protecting the country.

Reply #156
..... Don't even begin to think American troops won't turn on Americans again. I'm sure 75% say they won't and actually believe it but there's also the issue being trained to follow orders, the propaganda they're given about the targets. Yes, they're likely to believe that firing on the resistance cells is protecting the country.

I sure hope you're wrong, 'cause that day is probably a commin' ...... sooner than you think.

Reply #157
It's another reason the military needs to be decreased, aside from the usual less paranoid-sounding budgetary arguments. Massive militaries have this bad tendency to take over, either directly or indirectly. Give agencies such as the NRA more money to survey "criminals" and "terrorists." No, because you're building a spying apparatus that old USSR, or DDR would be green is envy over. And never in your life support anything like the Patriot Act , which the real liberals opposed even as their Democratic Representatives and Senators voted for it.

Reply #158
There was a brief news item a couple of days ago that referred to a report that said a third of the military over the pond have mental problems. Kind of a concern in a land of gun nutjobs.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #159
I sure hope you're wrong, 'cause that day is probably a commin' ...... sooner than you think.

I'm not too much versed in American reality, but in what concerns to Europe the problem is not the army but the police.

The army is made of people that, through the entire chain of command, were never trained nor indoctrinated to fight their own people.
The Police is different, they are trained and indoctrinated to see the populations as the enemy.
The more they repress effectively their own populations the more they will be promoted...

For some reason, a special force, the Eurofor, has been already created joining polices from several European countries. Their mission is not like the army, to fight an external enemy,  but to repress their own people.
It is made with the polices from Italy, France, Portugal and Spain. Like the Nazis, they are using local forces to do the dirty job.
Interesting how laconic in information wikipedia is about such extraordinary force.

I wanted to link to their website but it seems that is not anymore available.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #160
what concerns to Europe the problem is not the army but the police.

Same here.....most of the local police force, if they ever had to discharge their firearms in the line of duty, it has been at other Americans.

The difference here is that we are a gun culture, & the greater majority of police officers, sheriffs, etc are fervant gun owners themselves, acutely aware of their oaths of office (that the protection of the U.S. Constitution is the first & foremost part of their duty), & are -- except for some metropolitan police -- are strong believers in the right of Americans to keep & bear arms. They have been at the forefront of ignoring enforcement of the 'new' gun laws, which they agree infringe upon the right of Americans to keep & bear arms.

Reply #161
What a nation with so many adults acting like children and living in the past. Small wonder psychiatry is big business in the land of nut jobs. You sensible ex-colonists here have a mighty big groan to contend with as there are legions of Smileyfazes. Apart from being such a dangerous place it is a laughing stock of the world. Sad, sad.

Reply #162
http://www.npr.org/2014/03/10/287311237/kentucky-southern-baptists-draw-crowds-with-gun-giveaways?ft=1&f=1001
It's an hour before suppertime, and the line outside Lone Oak First Baptist Church in Paducah, Ky., is wrapped around the building. The people are waiting for more than a Bible sermon; there's a raffle tonight. Twenty-five guns are up for grabs.

There's nothing new about gun raffles in Kentucky, even at a church. Last year, there were 50 events like this one in the state. The Kentucky Baptist Convention says it's a surefire way to get new people through church doors.

I'm almost speechless.

Reply #163

Apart from being such a dangerous place it is a laughing stock of the world. Sad, sad.
Guilty of overspeak again, Mr. Howie.
77 and I still haven't been shot.

Please note that the US has a larger population than the below foreign nations.

Don't mistake me...we have far too many guns. So does Smileyfaze Eastwood.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF08MzKlm4M[/video]

In the matter of guns, we're no match for Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in Iran is 3,500,000.

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in Iraq is 9,750,000.

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in Afghanistan is 1,000,000.

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in Pakistan is 18,000,000.

The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,0001 to 310,000,000.

Reply #165
The total mass of the gas and dust in the interstellar medium is about 15% of the total mass of visible matter in the Milky Way.

That's more gas that I get from eating beans. Beans, beans, the musical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel, so let's eat beans with every meal! (U.S. Dry Bean Council)

I think that was written by Señor Shakespeare, the ex-President of the U.S. Dry Bean Council.

Reply #166
What a wonderful revelation.

Reply #167

Mess with our right to keep & bear arms, well we'll have the last laugh!

Infringe no more!

California Democrat & Gun Control Advocate Charged With Arms Trafficking

California Democratic State Senator and candidate for California Secretary of State, Leland Yee, a gun control advocate, has been charged with conspiring to traffic in firearms and public corruption.  The charges are part of a 26 person criminal complaint and a major FBI sting operation.  The full criminal complaint is a massive 137 pages that tells the story of Yee’s involvement with a broad ranging conspiracy that includes firearms trafficking, murder-for-hire, drug distribution, trafficking in contraband cigarettes, money laundering, and honest services fraud.

Yee is charged with “conspiracy to deal firearms without a license and to illegally import firearms” as well as six counts of honest services fraud.  Each corruption charge is punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000, while the gun-trafficking charge is punishable by up to five years and $250,000........... continued

[shadow=grey,right]Senator Yee, your Peking Duck has come home to roost![/shadow]  

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gNUJpILD1Y[/VIDEO]

Reply #168

Gun company releases it's re-designed AR-15 which overcomes all the objections in the recently passed (by the skin on it's teeth)  New York State's Anti-Second Amendment "Assault Style Weapon" Ban, making New York's legislation toothless & irrelevant because the new weapon is completely compliant!

New York's Anti-Gun Gov. Cuomo is said to be absolutely furious!

Reply #169
CNN.com
A noted internet poster and staunch gun advocate, SmileyFaze, was shot yesterday by a seven year old boy.
Details at eleven.

Reply #170
And now yet another school on a rampage. Kind of typical of routine reality over the pond although for a change this nut job in the land of such used knives.

Reply #171

And now yet another school on a rampage. Kind of typical of routine reality over the pond although for a change this nut job in the land of such used knives.

Absolutely typical and routine. It happens in Grand Rapids all the time.

You have a little bit of information which you use as a sledgehammer. You know very little about daily life here. Two trips here and you're an expert on everything American.  If you had a backyard telescope, you'd be pontificating on the far reaches of the universe beyond the observable horizon.

Reply #172
The Anti-Gunners all clamor that if we eliminate Guns, especially large magazine firearms, then our children would be safe from the crazed & insane bent on murderous blood lust.

We've (us legal gun owners & pro 2nd Amendment supporters) been saying that a crazed/insane bad guy will find whatever weapon he chooses to do his heinous deed & succeed regardless of any law on the books.

We have also been saying that this banter from the anti-gunners about [glow=green,2,300]"Gun Free Zones",[/glow] as if they are like a 'protective shield' to save our lil ones from harm, is just pure bullshit....which it is, & it has been proven that it's bullshit over, & over, & over....

Well here's what happens when the deranged perpetrator knows he won't be opposed by deadly force (a good guy with a gun) in the safety of a [glow=green,2,300]"Gun Free Zone".[/glow]

A knife-wielding student had a "blank expression" as he went on a mass stabbing spree at a Murrysville, Pa., high school at the start of the school day, a witness said.

Witnesses told the Associated Press the assailant, who was carrying two knives, first tackled a freshman and stabbed him in the abdomen before running down the hall inside Franklin Region High School and slashing other students.

Nate Moore, 15, was stabbed during the rampage and said he had to be treated with 15 stitches.

"It was really fast. It felt like he hit me with a wet rag because I felt the blood splash on my face. It spurted up on my forehead," Moore told the AP.

At least 20 people were injured after the stabbings at the start of the school day, Westmoreland County emergency management spokesman Dan Stevens said.

No fatalities were reported.

The stabbing spree ended when assistant principal Sam King helped tackle the 16-year-old suspect, according to Thomas Seefeld, the police chief in Murrysville, Pa.

The motive for the rampage remains under investigation. However, Seefeld said the outcome could have been a lot worse if immediate action had not been taken **.........

**  It took over 30 minutes to subdue the crazed knife wielding perpetrator.

An armed & trained teacher or security officer with a Glock probably could have scared this asshole into dropping his weapons much sooner, either that or he could have popped this scumbag in the grey matter way before most of those 30+ minutes of butchery took place, probably sparing many of the young victims.

We should be thankful that this asshole didn't choose to use a firearm!

Thankfully he chose 2 kitchen knives instead!

This crazed 16 year old has been charged as an adult with attempted murder.

His intent was to kill, not to maim!

Imagine him having 30+ minutes in this [glow=green,2,300]"Gun Free Zone"[/glow] filled with well over 1,000+ defenseless students & staff, wielding a blazing firearm unopposed instead??!!??

A law on the books wouldn't have stopped him in his rampage, would it.

My point here is not what weapon was used or not used, it's simply that this crazed dude couldn't be subdued in this [glow=green,2,300] "Gun Free Zone"[/glow] during his stabbing rampage, for over 30+ minutes, when if faced with a firearm, most of those injured children might have been spared their serious -- some life-threatening -- injuries.

Just as a further thought, would this scumbag have had his butchering way for 30+ plus minutes in a bristling police station or a packed shooting range?

Why, other than the overwhelmingly obvious reasons, why did this coward choose this[glow=green,2,300] "Gun Free Zone"[/glow] rather than one of those other places?

Anybody?

Reply #173
He was law-abiding -- he carried kitchen knives, not firearms.

Reply #174
An armed & trained teacher or security officer with a Glock probably could have scared this asshole into dropping his weapons much sooner, either that or he could have popped this scumbag in the grey matter way before most of those 30+ minutes of butchery took place, probably sparing many of the young victims.
Anybody?

RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a security guard during an armed robbery at a mini-mart in Rancho Cucamonga.

Diego Dominguez, 36, of Rancho Cucamonga, was arrested Sunday. He is suspected of shooting and killing 45-year-old Dean Sena as he worked at a strip mall on Arrow Route and Hermosa Avenue around 11:20 p.m. Saturday.