Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347577 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #375
Ted Mack? Never heard of him… Arthur Godfrey, neither. Hmph.

But I still greatly regret Burr's errant shot that deprived the nation of the abilities of Hamilton.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #376
Points, please!
===========================================
Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour (1948–1970)
TV Series  |  TV-G  |  Comedy, Family, Music
7.0 Your rating:   -/10   Ratings: 7.0/10 from 30 users  
Reviews: 4 user | 1 critic
A direct descendant of radio's "Major Bowes Original Amateur Hour" (1934-1946), hosted by Major Edward Bowes until his death. After a one-year hiatus, Ted Mack, who had directed Bowes'
==================
Godfrey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAixx8G2wzU

Reply #377
I listened to Hannity (of Fox News — but, of course, he's a pundit!) interview Bobby Jindal, governor of Louisiana, tonight for an hour, and it seems that the GOP does have a superstar in the race…
进行 ...

Reply #378
From ABC News:
Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush said Wednesday that in order to grow the economy “people should work longer hours” -- a comment that the Bush campaign argues was a reference to underemployed part-time workers but which Democrats are already using to attack him.

I'm sure Jindal loves it.

Reply #379

I listened to Hannity (of Fox News — but, of course, he's a pundit!) interview Bobby Jindal, governor of Louisiana, tonight for an hour, and it seems that the GOP does have a superstar in the race…

Jindal will not make it to the oval office in the next election.  Previous stances on pro-life and anti-gun control are too recently changing just for his presidential run to fool many of the voting population.  And while a US presidential must say that he believes in god to have any chance of getting elected, he can't say that he prays to god about it.  God-belief in this country only goes so far in politics (and most other endeavors), and then you cross a line into becoming too much of a lunatic to be trustworthy--strange but true.  Jindal is an intellectual of sorts, but not on par with Obama.  His economic stance on a balanced budget has a nice democratic flair to it, but that is just one reasons why the good ole boys who 'are drinking whiskey and rye' will not let him get the nomination.   :knight:  :cheers:

James J

Reply #380
orthy--strange but true.  Jindal is an intellectual of sorts, but not on par with Obama.
:) You think Obama is an intellectual?
进行 ...

Reply #382
He writes well.

Reply #383
And himss speling is almots gud.

Reply #384
 ???

Reply #385
Are the candidates promising anything interesting?
Nudism mandatory for everybody? Legal marriage with animals and plants? That you'll take your space rockets and leave Earth forever towards Orion?

Please... come on, You Can do it... you must believe in yourselves, be confident and follow the way of the Braves. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #389
I've long argued that you should be able to marry a goat if the goat is willing, but only if the goat is willing!

Of course, goat's will must be always respected.

I understand Bernie Sanders is so surprisingly sane that they call him crazy. :P

I have to look for that Bernie Sanders... (why do they all have this kind of names...)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #390
I understand Bernie Sanders is so surprisingly sane that they call him crazy.

I agree with that, and he has as much chance of beating out Mrs. Clinton as you do, President Frenzie.

Reply #393
Yup, what's a middle of the road social democrat in .de is a crazy radical around here.

He's not seen as a crazy radical, just as a candidate with absolutely no chance of taking the nomination from Clinton.

Reply #394
Nudism mandatory for everybody? Legal marriage with animals and plants? That you'll take your space rockets and leave Earth forever towards Orion?
So now you are picking on innocent animals and plants--they have rights too ya know...and lefts.  I think that Donald Trump plans to do the space rocket thing with Mexicans--illegal and legal.   :knight:  :cheers:

James J

Reply #395
The show so far:

On the Democrat side, we have Hillary Clinton and a couple of trial-horses. Seriously, the contenders only make it so that Hillary's eventual winning of the Democratic nomination isn't a coronation.

On the Republican side--- some 15 contenders for nomination. Add 5 more, give them pitchforks and torches, and they're good to go as an angry, frightened mob. Make Donald Trump their spokesperson for real fun.

Of that lot, Scott Walker from Wisconsin, the governor of Louisiana (I forget his name) and-- God help us-- Jeb Bush are the only ones seriously worth considering. The rest fill out the angry, frightened mob.

We're in an awful lot of trouble.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #396
Donald Trump plans to do the space rocket thing with Mexicans--illegal and legal.

Do you mean this The Donald?

============

Jindal is the name you're looking for. I swear, the man looks like Alfred E. Newman.

Reply #397
I think I now understand Democratic politics…
进行 ...

Reply #398
i know it is too early ..
but is there any Valid Survey about Who will Win the   President Election in  United State 2016 ?

ofc , it is a must from the Credible -  trusted  -  Provable - surveyor , with  lesser margin of error . 

Reply #399

The show so far:

On the Democrat side, we have Hillary Clinton and a couple of trial-horses. Seriously, the contenders only make it so that Hillary's eventual winning of the Democratic nomination isn't a coronation.

On the Republican side--- some 15 contenders for nomination. Add 5 more, give them pitchforks and torches, and they're good to go as an angry, frightened mob. Make Donald Trump their spokesperson for real fun.

Of that lot, Scott Walker from Wisconsin, the governor of Louisiana (I forget his name) and-- God help us-- Jeb Bush are the only ones seriously worth considering. The rest fill out the angry, frightened mob.

We're in an awful lot of trouble.

I have to admit that I'm just a clueless person from over the pond who tries to understand something about this circus, called US electoral campaign.
Granted that the new candidates might not be any better presidents than their predecessors, what on earth makes you think that Hillary Clinton is worse than Barack Obama or Jeb Bush is worse than his brother George?
So, what's the big drama?