Skip to main content
Topic: bugs (Read 97144 times)

Re: bugs

Reply #150
Unable to save any webpage. Ctrl+S grayed out on File Menu. (32-bit Win7 with both otter-browser-win32-weekly63 and otter-browser-win32-weekly66)

[Not sure whether to post in this bugs thread or start a new thread, but I don't seem to be finding any other related forum posts or forum topics (other than possibly Frenzie's post earlier in this thread), so I am guessing this is simply a Windows build bug (?)]

Reply #151

@py-thon, fixed.

Ok. The submenu now appears in git20150409-version and bookmarks can be imported from Opera. Thanks for that.
There are two bugs in the import though. Folders starting with a lower case letter are not imported at all. After changing the folder name in Opera to capital letter it gets imported (and it can be changed to lower case in Otter afterwards without disappearing). The other bug concerns the functionality to allow or disallow duplicate bookmarks when imported. No matter whether the box is ticked or not, the import results in duplication.

It would be nice if there was a possibility to sort the imported bookmarks folders alphabetically (and keep the possibility to override that manually which Opera did not allow).

Reply #152
@gdveggie, it's not available yet.

@py-thon, can't confirm that import issue, could you please post names of these folders?
There were internal changes in source strings, I'll post new translation file soon.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #154

@py-thon, can't confirm that import issue, could you please post names of these folders?
There were internal changes in source strings, I'll post new translation file soon.

It's strange, but after having changed the name of the folder to capital letter in Opera before and changing it back to lower case now I can't repeat that bug anymore. Maybe there was something wrong in Opera's bookmarks.adr which didn't disturb Opera but caused problems when importing to Otter. Probably it had nothing to do with lower case, it was just a coincidence and I just had to make any change to that folder to make it work.
The duplication issue still exists.
Don't worry about the translation; I just thought I'd mention it as it might have been lost by mistake.

Reply #155
@gdveggie, every platform.
The main issue is that QtWebKit exposes only snapshot of DOM, which always differs slightly from original HTML...

@py-thon, OK, I'll check that duplication issue.

Reply #156
I know many frown upon mentioning stupid facebook ... I do too
but its not always in bad purpose used

Otter doesn't update private messaging system at all
dunno if this is qtwebkit issue or app itself
user simply has to either refresh the page or click on any other link to get msg's updated

Reply #157
flash and javascript are out of frame when I change the size of the page. Ex.: youtube - on videos i can't seek on timeline, just pause, start with one click and fullscreen with doubleclick are the only possibilities.
Such way I can't use this site properly:
http://www.billa.ro/Layouts/dd_bi_single.aspx?folderId=128624&pageId=1140922
I enlarged that page to 120%. That size I usually use, because of my tiny screen.
I can't click on PDF  to download it, because on modified size the flash content is out of frame.
Possible solution I suggest:
1. In Website Preferences implement Custom site size preference, different size for each page. So I can use Youtube and flash based sites on 100%, others on 120% or else.
2. Your idea
I tried after updating the flash player; on Win7, but the problem remains the same.
This needs to be fixed.
And then... something happened.
(the Narrator)

Reply #158
Some minor bug I noticed:
when closing a webpage (no matter whether closing it with mouse gesture or clicking the tab's X) and this webpage was displayed in the only/the last open tab this tab stays open but is left unusable. It doesn't react to entries in the address field anymore. To continue you have to open a new tab. The old tab can be closed afterwards.
Opera in a similar situation closes the last tab as well which isn't the perfect solution because you have to open a new tab to continue. But it's better than having a non-working tab.

Reply #159

Some minor bug I noticed:
when closing a webpage (no matter whether closing it with mouse gesture or clicking the tab's X) and this webpage was displayed in the only/the last open tab this tab stays open but is left unusable. It doesn't react to entries in the address field anymore. To continue you have to open a new tab. The old tab can be closed afterwards.
Opera in a similar situation closes the last tab as well which isn't the perfect solution because you have to open a new tab to continue. But it's better than having a non-working tab.

Hi, I remember similar problems in some earlier version, but it seems to work ok for me currently. Anyway, you can set the prefered behaviour in this case in the Configuration manager
Preferences: [All settings]
In the TabBar section, there is an item called LastTabClosingAction with the possible values:
openTab, closeWindow, doNothing.
hth,
   vbr

Reply #160
@denes, that issue looks like this one:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44401
Which should be fixed in next Qt release.

@py-thon, was that current version?
The same or very similar was (introduced and) fixed recently, as noted by vbr.

Reply #161

@py-thon, was that current version?

It was the launchpad-version 20150413. I'll try again with the most recent version. I don't update too frequently as connection to launchpad.net most of the time is not possible.

Edit: I now installed otter-browser-git_0.9.99~git20150416+r6~ubuntu14.10.1_amd64.deb . It has the same behaviour as 20150413 (non-working last tab). Switching the setting according to vbr's post to "doNothing" results in the last tab being closed. As this is the way Opera behaves and "openTab" does not work correctly I'd suggest to make this the standard setting.

Reply #162
@py-thon, fixed.
Opera used to behave like that by default.

Reply #163
I haven't been able to visit the page academia.edu for weeks now. There is always an error message:
"Something went wrong!
Sorry. We're taking a look at the problem right now."
I've deleted all cookies from academia.edu and switched off content blocking, but this didn't help. There is no problem to access the site with rekonq or other browsers. Strange.  :sherlock:

Reply #164
@Kirilo

Did you try with a clean profile? e.g.
Code: [Select]
otter-browser --profile /tmp

Reply #165
Can't use the browser, it always suddenly closes seconds after I open.

When I execute in terminal, it opens and when It suddenly closes it says: Segmentation fault (core image recorded) 

Using Xubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Reply #166
Memory leak when visiting www.teckentrup.biz
Otter consumed 3,3 GiB according to system monitor and almost froze my system before I was able to kill the process.
Starting Otter again after that it asked how to start and starting with the same page it consumed 3,4 GiB within seconds (~/.cache/Otter only contains around 50 MB and there was almost no internet traffic, so it's not page content itself).
Killing the process again and starting Otter without any page results in the normal RAM-usage of around 70 MB.

Reply #167
I have been using build 68 but having problems when writing in a forum and other inputs. The k/b is not behaving correctly as follows:-

Backspace does not delete the last letter but takes my back a page
/ this backslash brings up the search in page function

There are some others that I forget now. I have reverted to build 67 and all is fine.

Reply #168
Can`t login to facebook.i get half way through my email addy and i get the find task bar popping up when i press the . button ie:-*****@fornow that is as far as it gets,everything was ok in V67 but its broken in 68.any help guys?

Reply #169

@Kirilo

Did you try with a clean profile? e.g.
Code: [Select]
otter-browser --profile /tmp

In fact this works. Now the problem is to find out what I did in order to make in not work with my normal settings. At least I know where to look for now, thanks!

Mouse gestures not defeatable ?

Reply #170
Could it be that there are mouse gestures that are always active?
I often open or reload tabs by accident and don't know why,
I assume that I have activated a mouse gesture in such a case.
You should know I never use mouse gestures and have not the first idea how they are triggered.

Reply #171
I tried again with today's version otter-browser-git_0.9.99~git20150427+r6~ubuntu14.10.1_amd64.deb to make sure it was not just a coincidence.
The memory leak is still there: from 70 MB to 3,3 GiB in about 10 seconds.

Reply #172
emdek, opening multiple files for upload (imagebam) is again broken
one can only click file by file, and not select multiple at once

Reply #174
wow otter really got more annoying now
not only of issue i wrote above that was actually fixed few builds in past
but now when you go on forums to register or login where it requires to write your e-mail
whenever I need to write .com, the "dot" invokes highlight popup box and I can't write damn "."

same goes for keyboard assign letters/shortcuts
"9" seems to zoom out by default, if i press 9 it will zoom out but won't enter
character in passw box
-
ok after a shitstorm of problems (backspace also causes huge problems)
I'm reverting to #67