Skip to main content
Topic: I'm alt-right… (Read 31699 times)

Re: I am alt-right…

Reply #100
A modest proposal. California, Oregon, Washington and Nevada should all secede from the Union, under the #westcoastexit plan. Further, I believe that northeastern US should secede as well. Than we can can all laugh as the Rump United States declines into third world status under the leadership of Trumpian jackasses. Seriously, what do we have in common with Alabama besides language? The cultural differences are enough that we should all leave the Union. We're free-thinkers; the red states want a contradictory combination of an authoriatarian regime and small government (without understand this combination is all but impossible...) Keep Trump, we'll choose our own president that isn't an ignorant, thin-skinned, loud mouthed demagogue that posts insanity on Twitter at 3 am :yes: Going back to the OP, we're at crossroads indeed. Perhaps the path we need to choose is for the United States as we know to no longer exist.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #101
I must be alt-left... ...Because I'm backing out of here! :lol: :jester:_ :zip:

Reply #102
I do still think that the Democrats who are constantly moaning, griping and going bananas are making an awful fools of themselves. All the history of boasting about democracy (even thought there are others just as so or better) and the greatness of the "system." but when all the so-called reasonable liberal minds lose they go daft?? Wasn't the event democratic? People who are meant to be educated and such are making a damn fool of themselves. So when one side who were so full of themselves lose then all hell breaks loose  and all they are doing is making a fool of themselves and an even bigger one of their country. Do they fight for the tens of millions who are poor and on food stamps or the armies of homeless? Nope they act very immature instead. I dare say had Trump lost then they would have been out sneering and being sarcastic and virulent.

You are not doing yourself any favours midnight and unlike other places which are democratic and hold referendums on things you have no chance of places leaving even if satirical the 1861 time is a reminder of what happens!

Read this carefully....there was an election one side won and the other lost. that is supposed to be democracy isn't it?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #103
Sang, it's like your side never lost an election before… :)

Are the Panthers still calling for a separate black nation? (A separate nation for each and every imaginable "minority"! That's what we need.)
You should be your own nation, Sang… You already live in your own reality! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #104
Wasn't the event democratic?
In fact, no. In a Democracy, in Hillary would have won by over 2,500,000 votes. Instead we have a republican Electoral College, that gave the vote to Trump. It will be interesting to see how many electoral votes Trump actually gets, though. There are already some electors that claim they have no intention of voting for Trump. If they have brass ones to not vote for him remains to be seen.
Sang, it's like your side never lost an election before..
It's not we lost the election. It's that Trump is  unfit to serve  and was widely known before the election to be con man and crook. I've even seen a plan for Hillary to release her electors and get them and 38 other electors to vote in a different, more sane Republican. Since you're easily confused, I have to say I don't see this happening.

Of course, it would still be constitutionally permissible for Hillary to win the electoral college. For non-US citizens, the real election hasn't happened yet as confusing as that might seem. The electoral college was, in fact, set up to prevent a demagogue and would-be tyrant such as Trump from assuming the presidency. Don't get me wrong, in all probability, the Electoral College will vote in Trump, thus proving our system a failure.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #105
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/20/502719871/energized-by-trumps-win-white-nationalists-gather-to-change-the-world?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Loyalists of the self-described white nationalist, alt-right movement from around the country gathered in D.C. Saturday afternoon, enthused by the election of Donald Trump and optimistic that their controversial, offensive views such as calling for a white, ethnocentric state were on the rise throughout the country.

"The alt-right is here, the alt-right is not going anywhere, the alt-right is going to change the world," Richard Spencer, head of the white nationalist think tank the National Policy Institute (NPI) promised at a press conference.

Before Trump, Spencer said, the alt-right was like a "head without a body," but then Trump came along and his campaign became "kind of a body without a head." He described the alt-right as having a "psychic connection" with Trump in way they don't have with other Republicans, and expressed hope that, "moving forward, the alt-right can, as an intellectual vanguard, complete Trump." 
Starting to get it yet, Oakdale? Didn't think so.

Spencer was highly complimentary of Trump's first cabinet picks, particularly choosing Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions to be attorney general. Sessions is well-known for his hard-line immigration stances, and has had his own past controversy over race when he was voted down to be a federal judge in 1986 over remarks he'd made about the NAACP and allegedly called a white civil rights lawyer "a disgrace to his race."

He said that while Sessions was not alt-right necessarily, his views on immigration — and a belief that he may not fully enforce some civil rights protections — were encouraging to Spencer.

After most of the cameras and the reporters had left the conference on Saturday, Spencer's tone took a drastic and ugly turn

"Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory" Spencer exclaimed, as many NPI conference attendees cheered and enthusiastically held their hands up to make a Nazi salute.

"No one will honor us for losing gracefully, no one mourns the great crimes committed against us," Spencer continued, talking about the white race. "For us, it is conquer or die."

He goes on to slam the press, using the term lügenpresse, a German word Nazis used for their media critics, and appearing to target Jews especially in the media.

"One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golem," Spencer said, referring apparently to the folklore of clay figure brought to life by rabbis in to protect the Jews.

"America was, until this past generation, a white country, designed for ourselves and our posterity. It is our creation, it is our inheritance, and it belongs to us," Spencer continued, drawing a standing ovation and more Nazi salutes.

Yes, these people are quite literally Nazis. They are deplorable. Face the truth, Oakdale.

Reply #106
In a Democracy, in Hillary would have won ...
To begin with - how comes that in the world's most hailed democracy the electorate had the choice between the devil and the deep blue sea? Doesn't smell it fishy to you?

For some, compared to Billary, the Donald looks like a saviour while for others, compared to the Donald, Billary looks like Jeanne d'Arc. :D
To me it looks like a weird spectacle (kudos for those carving out the Orwellian script) reminding of an absurd play written by Eugen Ionescu. :)

Reply #107
Let's put them and BLMers in a cage, and enjoy the carnage! :)

So: Who's your next favored Democrat to vie for the office of POTUS?
进行 ...

Reply #108
Secede, and you don't need one. :)

Reply #110
Nazis?? for goodness sake midnight you are I am afraid acting a wee bitty immature. And getting a dig at being possibly democratic then changed your mind because you lost a conducted election? You and so many routinely educated young thinking more highly principled than anyone else because of youth are unfortunately showing an unfortunate immaturity. You had an election and were boasting about it because you were so carried away that you mocked Trump. So what does it say about the country - does it mean that tens of millions over there are brain dead? It was okay to scoff, ridicule and tear into Trump. Fair enough it was an election (!) but you cannot live with losing? Dear, oh dear how politically immature.

Reply #111
Yes, these people are quite literally Nazis. They are deplorable. Face the truth, Oakdale.
150, out of a population of 320 million… I can see why you're scared, Sang! :)
The proportion of homosexual Catholic priests was larger… And look at what happened there! (Or don't: You're okay with diddling children, for your cause? I don't think you are… But you'll argue for such, because -as I've said repeatedly- for you, everything is political!)
The truth is, only your ideological brethren pay them, the neo-Nazis, any attention — again I say, to keep alive a failed narrative.
Normal people don't like looters or arsonists; only liberals do! (But "in a good cause," right? :) )

BTW: Did you confront the one neo-Nazi you knew? Or did you ignore him? Or did you slink away, tail between your legs? :)

Social Justice Warriors, indeed! The Alt-Right is mostly a creation of your side's puerile pandering to people who'd be criminals — if they had the nerve, but instead use the anonymity of "protests" (riots…) to do what they haven't the guts to do otherwise.
Black criminals should get a pass…because they're black, and once upon a time the whole world accepted slavery! Even the U.S.! Especially the U.S.!

You want "white supremacists" to rail against. You'll find them! (Lots of people are stupid!) But you also want to use your idiotic pseudo-logic to make your "tribe" predominant… That ship has sailed, and you weren't on it! :)

(And don't feel too bad, Sang! I have a now nine year old great nephew who doesn't know how to use the word "literally" either… I'll keep trying to educate him. But you're a hopeless case.)

Might I suggest for your consideration as Democratic POTUS candidates: Robert Byrd… Oops! Dead. George Wallace? Oops, again. Hillary Clinton? :)
Joe Biden? Elizabeth "fauxcahantus" Warren? Maybe you'd reconsider Bernie? :)
———————————————————————
An interesting addendum:
At the core of modern leftist-driven political correctness is the idea that the social transgression of holding an unpopular opinion must be met with economic repercussions or legal prosecution.
(source)
And, of course, you're okay with that, Sang! :)
Considering how close Trump is to being inaugurated, you might want to re-think  that!

I want our constitutional republic, our commitment to the rule of law and our concept of federalism to persist.

I do think that you only want what you want, Sang
进行 ...

Reply #112
Since I've become convinced that most here don't "click through" to posted links, here's an interesting piece:
Californians Remain Free to Leave
December 13, 2016 By Jon Coupal

Human beings prefer freedom to collectivism and tyranny. Only those in complete denial disregard the negative consequences of policies that suppress liberty. Consider North Korea versus South Korea. And recall that in Berlin during the Cold War era, people weren’t shot trying to go from West to East – not that anyone tried anyway. Finally, in the course of the last 55 years of the Castro regime, very few people jumped on rickety boats in Miami seeking a better life in Havana.

For those who follow what is happening in the United States – both in politics and with the economy – we can be grateful that even in the most oppressive economic environment – think your typical liberal city such as San Francisco or Portland – people remain remarkably free compared to citizens in many other parts of the world.

One of the freedoms that we Americans enjoy is the freedom to travel. A citizen’s ability to travel from state to state has been deemed by the United States Supreme Court to be a fundamental right that can only be restricted in the narrowest of circumstances. Part of this right is more than just going to another state or country and then returning. It means the freedom to leave. Permanently.

In California, we all know people who have bailed out for places where the taxes are low, regulations are light and the cost of living reasonable. But the evidence here is not just anecdotal.

In a recent piece in the Washington Times, economist Stephen Moore presents an amazing statistic: “Of the 10 blue states that Hillary Clinton won by the largest percentage margins — California, Massachusetts, Vermont, Hawaii, Maryland, New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, New Jersey and Connecticut — every single one of them lost domestic migration (excluding immigration) over the last 10 years (2004-14).”

But here’s the kicker: The exact opposite is true in those states that supported Donald Trump by the largest margin. Those states – including Wyoming, West Virginia, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Kentucky, Tennessee, South Dakota, and Idaho — saw net domestic in-migration.

So what are the characteristics of those Hillary-supporting states that are bleeding productive citizens? Here, Moore doesn’t mince words: “They are the loser states. They are all progressive. High tax rates. High welfare benefits. Heavy regulation. Environmental extremism. Super minimum wages. Most outlaw energy drilling. The whole left-wing playbook is on display in the Hillary states. And people are leaving in droves.” [my emphasis]

For those of us who follow these often wonkish statistics, let’s be clear. We’re not gloating – we’re unhappy. California is a great state with virtually unlimited potential. But the demographic trends are not pretty and when one considers the crushing debt load that looms like a fatal disease, it’s hard not to be deeply concerned.

Is there anything that can save the Golden State? In a very weird way, it is Trump himself who might save California by revitalizing the national economy. That would be ironic indeed. But if that doesn’t happen and the great “California Exodus” continues, the economic death spiral will accelerate. And unlike East Berlin, when productive California citizens decide to leave, there is nothing the Progressives can do to stop them.
(source)
This is from Stephen Frank's site, a well-known Californian political commentator… (You'll understand why I'm interested? :) )
进行 ...

Reply #113
Since I've become convinced that most here don't "click through" to posted links,...
They do, except when there's no reason to. With your links in particular, you don't tell why you link to what you link to and what you mean by linking to it.

...here's an interesting piece:
Interesting in what sense? In what context? For what? For whom? What would we learn from it that we don't already know?

(You'll understand why I'm interested? :) )
This is a whole new level: You managed to copy and paste an entire opinion piece with no hint as to what was supposed to be interesting about it either for you or to anyone else.

Reply #114
Except California, at least for a while was leading the nation's recovery from the Great Recession, and Hardly "a loser" state. As an independent nation, it would still rank among among the world's most powerful economies, especially with Oregon, Washington, and Nevada added. "Collectivism?" Really? This would seem to disregard the tolerance of different opinions, unlike the social pressure towards cultural conservatism in the Red States. It's no accident that Apple. Microsoft, Google, etc didn't arise in Mississippi or Alabama. It's not interesting, unless you find ignorance and bias interesting.

Now if you did want an interesting piece that takes a close look at Poor white Americans’ current crisis shouldn’t have caught the rest of the country as off guard as it has , take a look. Many Trump voters have ancestors that have been poor for centuries, got an economic respite from coal. Then the coal mines shuttered, the ones that remained had workers replaced by machines (something Trump can't "fix" ) There are growing problems of substance abuse and suicide (including in some of the states your article seems to think are winner states, such as Tennessee) These folks have been denignated since the time of the revolution, by none less than Thomas Jefferson.

This part is not in the article. Howie's complaint that Hillary is a Wall Street Democrat (he didn't use those exact words, but this seems to be what he means) has some validity, but Trump has little to no interest in actually helping these people either. He's a real estate billionaire that made billions exploiting  people like this, including finding excuses to not pay his contractors. We probably needed Bernie this whole time, but he would have had a hell of time getting a second New Deal through Congress (you know that hated thing that brought Appalachia out of the 19th century by providing electricity, reliable running water, etc to allow efficient mines and the factories to be built in the first place...)

Maybe people like Sanders are the solution. Bring back at least a large section of Democratic Party back to the Left, back to it's working class roots. New Labour failed in Britain. The New Democrats failed in the US.

Reply #115
Maybe people like Sanders are the solution.
:) Perhaps you could resurrect Lenin? You know, in hopes of getting another Stalin down the road?
————————————————————————————
Liked your link, Sang! Specially their proviso: "Data on deptofnumbers.com is for informational purposes only. No warranty or guarantee of accuracy is offered or implied." Kinda says it all, doesn't it? :)
进行 ...

Reply #116
It's no accident that Apple. Microsoft, Google, etc
Microsoft began in Massachusetts and Washington (Gates and Allen, respectively) but only took off after the New Mexico company MITS bought their BASIC interpreter… (The programming language created by computer scientists at Dartmouth, a New Hampshire college.)
Page and Brin were Ph.D. students at Stanford, so their California roots are easy to explain. Likewise, Wazniak and Jobs lived in California (and, if I recall correctly, both worked for Hewlett Packard…).
BTW: The type of processors used in most cell phones (they're made in GB…) were invented by researchers at UC Berkeley.

Of course, there was Texas Instruments… :)

Your point seems to be that California, which is bleeding businesses, is great — because some very rich people can afford to stay?

Yes, what you referred to is actually accidental!
进行 ...

Reply #117
Secession is not constitutional.

The dreams of of those following foolish paths. Too busy thinking about what can't happen or hasn't happened yet to focus on what can be done to not facilitate it. Trump is ours now. We use the system to mold him. And if that doesn't work... What do you do next? Well, it ain't cry about wanting out of the Union some more.

Reply #119
It was interesting to see how well that Senator Sanders did in a country like America (midnight was right about my view of Clinton)  and of course New Labour did fail here and I do not miss them. Although there are items of constructive enterprise traditions over there I am afraid that there are far too many people for whom the system does not really work in hard daily practice. The number of basic poor is a phenomenal one and growing numbers feeling that what passes for a system is not all that it is cracked up to be and it all flies in the face of the routine stuff about how great and democratic the nation is. 

Both the big two over there are money influenced to heavy proportions and effectively stop a wider democratic input and involvement.  Earlier I referred on at least two occasions that President Eisenhower warned the country about corporate influence and increasing controls of things and he was right. What has come about is a political neo-shambles and a very profound lack of proper and definitive democracy. All the guff of those party circuses makes things look immature and almost infantile when looking in from elsewhere in the world.  A far wider political party situation like many other countries which are democratic and maybe even more so is needed but in it happening is something else. Eisenhower WAS right but nobody bothered and the circus went sadly on. President Obama was no great guyy to be directly honest and there is little to make him stand out in the annals of history. Amidst all the surprises of a President trump happening part of that was due to a great many of the tired getting fed up with the political circus thing and we wil have to be patient and see what actually happens in practice.

Reply #120
Liked your link, Sang! Specially their proviso: "Data on deptofnumbers.com is for informational purposes only. No warranty or guarantee of accuracy is offered or implied." Kinda says it all, doesn't it?
Frankly, its was more than your article deserved. Yes, people are moving from California. We get a whole lot of them in Vegas, a Blue city. Your article seems to ignore the obvious fact that there are struggling red areas and struggling blue areas, and prosperous areas of both colors. I have to agree with Ersi that the blog post that your presented here in its entirety seems to have no point and it's not clear why you did that. BTW, a whole lot of business are struggle until they get break based on a combination of luck and skill. In an extreme example of this, FedEx was about to go under until the CEO won a round of blackjack in Vegas, allowing him to pay for fuel for the trucks for one more week.

Of course, you completely ignored the article of on America's white poor that live in seemingly perpetually depressed areas of the country. What is Trump really going to do for them? It took a Democratic administration to even bring them into the 20th century as the Republicans sneered in their direction. These are the forgotten people of America. Trump knew how to exploit them, but gave only false promises.

Reply #121
Amidst all the surprises of a President trump happening part of that was due to a great many of the tired getting fed up with the political circus thing and we wil have to be patient and see what actually happens in practice.
While there is truth to this, take a look the article about poor white Americans crises article. Our last election might as well be been run run by circus clowns, but that's only the beginning of the problems. It's easy to point of issues in the cities. I can pull into a Seven-11 and get asked for a dollar by a homeless person within sight of the gleaming neon towers of Vegas (Neo-Babylon?) Usually the person that asks me for money is black or hispanic, because of the demographics of the poorer parts of the city. But white, rural Americans are facing the same problems. We face the twin problems of delivering economic growth to depressed inner cities as well areas of the have been poor since before 1776.
Earlier I referred on at least two occasions that President Eisenhower warned the country about corporate influence and increasing controls of things and he was right.
He referred to it as the "military industrial complex." Perhaps Trump is right that we need better relations with Russia. Trump says this because he's pals with Putin. But, we need the money otherwise spent on the MIC to improve conditions within our own country instead of worrying about Russia.

Reply #123
Well rather unfortunately the legions of the white poor have suffered under the other corporate lot the Democrats so hardly much to argue about in that corner. Donald trump got an awful lot of support right across the place due to as I said so many getting fed up with the DC and Beltway lot. For all his unfortunate comments during the campaign he did touch many who are fed up. So he has no political experience but with so many fed up with what is over there it made a surprising change to find what he did get to.  Let us see how he does in practice eh? All the nonsense from the politico mindsets in DC, etc  take exception to someone who is not part of them so they will have to get on with what the election did. Trump has a more sensible attitude to Russia and some other daftness that the politicians and so-called defence lot in the CIA and other list of would-be controllers. utter childish nonsense on how another country influenced the election. America has done that very thing for decades on other nations but that is in principle okay?? Obama and the DC minds have no proof on Putin and in that area Trump is more sensible. Anyway i do not think that Obama's time in the White house was that great nor leaves a brilliant legacy.

Americans had an election and the man who won it now has to prove himself so let us see how he actually does and if he is a let-down well another circus will come up in four years.

Reply #124
if he is a let-down well another circus will come up in four years.
Ain't that the truth?! (But not in your nation… :) )

Coming up next is "the bonfire of the agencies"! :) (Especially pay attention to Pruitt's nomination to head the EPA. Remind you of anything, RJ? :) )
进行 ...