Skip to main content
Topic: Laziness is a virtue. (Read 13571 times)

Laziness is a virtue.

I would explain, but I can't be bothered.

Re: Laziness is a virtue.

Reply #1
I'm not even going to bother checking this thread out. I wasn't here and I can prove it.

However, I would like to know about your religious preferences...if, and only if, you have the time.

If you're too lazy, I'll understand.

Reply #2
Work pays off on payday. Laziness pays off now.

Reply #3

"Work pays off on payday" Benjamin Franklin

"Laziness pays off now." Jimbro3738

Reply #4
I hope slugs aren't poisonous. I can see one approaching really faaast...

Reply #5
Laziness is not a virtue, is a natural condition.
Men were made to be lazy.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #6
I can't be arsed to read all the replies in this thread.......

Reply #7
The Michigan man really has a thingy about religion doesn't he?

Being always an active person laziness has been a distant threat for me.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #8
I would explain, but I can't be bothered.
Fortunately others have, so that you won't have to.

Three Virtues

"We will encourage you to develop the three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience, and hubris." -- LarryWall, ProgrammingPerl (1st edition),

• Laziness: The quality that makes you go to great effort to reduce overall energy expenditure. It makes you write labor-saving programs that other people will find useful, and document what you wrote so you don't have to answer so many questions about it. Hence, the first great virtue of a programmer.

• Impatience: The anger you feel when the computer is being lazy. This makes you write programs that don't just react to your needs, but actually anticipate them. Or at least pretend to. Hence, the second great virtue of a programmer.

• Hubris: Excessive pride, the sort of thing Zeus zaps you for. Also the quality that makes you write (and maintain) programs that other people won't want to say bad things about. Hence, the third great virtue of a programmer.

Reply #9
The Michigan man really has a thingy about religion doesn't he?

Yes, and he's also interested in unicorns, spendthrift Scots, Bigfoot, The Buddha, and the conversion of the Glasgow man to Catholicism.

A Scottish man has been sentenced to an 8-month prison term for sending out anti-Catholic messages over the internet.

"The Pope and the Queen of England needs to be saved by Jesus. If not they will perish!", the man said in one post.

As part of a campaign to eliminate sectarian animosities from the internet, a judge sentenced Stephen Birrell to prison, explaining that he wanted to send “a clear message to deter others.”

Birrell had admitted posting messages that referred to Catholics as “scumbags” and said that he hoped the fans of a soccer team popular among Catholics would “all die.”

Now, who could that man be? And whatever happened to freedom of speech?

The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill aims to tackle abusive behaviour, whether fans are watching matches in a stadium, in the pub or commenting online, with jail terms of up to five years.

Reply #10
You don't expect me to scroll through this whole thread, do you?

Reply #11
I've heard that laziness does not exist in medical terms. AFAICT, it is a vernacular term, which term may describe a 'state' caused by certain physiological and/or psychological disorders. Which disorders can either be temporary or permanent.

Reply #12
I'm a touch typist.

I use one finger, it needs less effort.

Reply #15
Speaking of sharks, this one was constructed by somebody who lives between my house and the supermarket. Because I though you should know that there are some people who aren't lazy...poor bastards.

Reply #16
Shows your scant knowledge of me and religion Michigan man. I am as a practicing Presbyterian a Catholic as it relates to universal it is just that I am not a Roman Catholic. Kind of keeps me away from a mixture of Christianity and Paganism. It Assuming you are not about when the ex-colonies collapse(fortunate for you)  I would have organised a refuge for you here - but in Edinburgh not with the normal.

Reply #17
Poor thing. When depressed, the wheel on my mouse scrolls the page. All I have to do is watch and yawn.

Uuuuuuuuh! I'm too lazy to upgrade.

Mine is still a three button serial mouse... They haven't supported my middle finger in years. :glare:

Reply #18
Downgrading requires less effort still - it's downhill.

Reply #19
Got to get this further up the page - it's such an effort to scroll down.

Reply #20
Why bother.

I never to to bed. I sleep wherever I .... *snore*

Reply #21
That's the problem. You need to be out on long walks more.

Reply #22
Long walks are not virtuous.

Reply #24
I do have to disagree with you there string. Long walks are healthy (take note in Michigan please) and thus virtuous.