Skip to main content
Topic: thank you, THANK YOU (Read 1266 times)

thank you, THANK YOU

Finally a browser that lets me open a new window in the background on the middle mouse click.

Thanks for that, I finally found my new browser.

A remark in the mouse configuration options, I can't resize the list to see all text. (see attachment)

Merci, Je vous aime :love: :heart:

Re: thank you, THANK YOU

Reply #1
De rien. But yeah, @Emdek is doing some truly great work.

Server space comes at a premium, hence the small attachment limit. I'd recommend an external service when you want to attach bigger images, but for PNG and JPEG I should probably write a little guide.

Long story short, for screenshots PNG is typically the right choice. If you want to use lossless PNG, use optipng -o7. If you don't care about losing some color accuracy, use pngquant. For JPEG use jpegtran -copy none -progressive -optimize file.jpg > file-opt.jpg. Applying this principle to your screenshot (which probably should've been in PNG :) ):

Code: [Select]
$ du -h trop\ ptit.jpg 
32K trop ptit.jpg
$ jpegtran -copy none -progressive -optimize trop\ ptit.jpg > trop\ ptit-opt.jpg
$ du -h trop\ ptit-opt.jpg
28K trop ptit-opt.jpg

Okay, it's not a giant improvement in this case, but it's still a lossless 4 kiB improvement. ;)

The bigger question is how to easily do all this in Windows.  :devil: C'est la vie and so it goes.

Edit: but since we have a bit more space here than on the last server, I upped it to 50 kiB. Almost double of 30.  :cheers:

Re: thank you, THANK YOU

Reply #2
@Topic, you cannot resize it directly but resizing column and dialog itself should help.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.