Skip to main content
Topic: bugs (Read 96864 times)

Re: bugs

Reply #300
@ovas, if you are depending on Website Preferences then you also need to add entry for that subdomain.

@exley, AFAIR this or similar issue was caused by zoom, their chat malfunctions when zoom value is above 100%.
Also you should update to more recent version, that one is extremely outdated (that second issue was fixed long time ago).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Stop loading button not working in weekly 99-current

Reply #301
   Thank you for this browser. Please keep up the good work. I've been using Otter as my main browser for about 2 years now and have found it to be very good.
   However, on the address bar, the stop loading button (a red octagon with a white X that toggles with the green reload button) does not seem to work on long loading site such as
            https://weather.com/weather/today/l/62864:4:US
The stop loading button seems to work correctly in weekly Otter 98, but not weekly 99 or higher. Hopefully, this problem can be readily fixed.  Note: Windows 7 bin32.
   I have many more suggestions, bugs, and comments but (as this post is my first) will refrain for now.
Sincerely, Mathman12

No favicons in bookmarks

Reply #302
Debian amd64 testing, latest otter git built with qt5.5.1, using qtwebkit

Reply #303
Otter browser defines a torrent file as a "PHP" file (.php) and stores in a window selection program qBittorrent, throws back to Notepad

Reply #304
Presumably that is something on the server-side rather than on Otter's side. Is it different in other browsers?

Reply #305
The latest weekly snapshot crashes when viewing a VOD of a streamer on Twitch.tv.

Reply #306
qtwebengine: target blank links do not open and no contextmenu on many websites

Reply #307
1. Otter crashes every time I try to load http://autoexpress.co.uk/car-news
(using otter-browser_0.9.10-dev115-1~wily~ppa1_amd64.deb ).
2. Import of Opera bookmarks difficult on Linux systems as hidden folders cannot be activated. You can't locate the standard path ( ~/.opera/bookmarks.adr ) because Crtl+H doesn't work on Otter's window.
3. Access to settings of content blocking is not possible unless menu bar is visible (not available in the alternative menu).
4. At least with some pages the green reload button is shown (instead of the red X for stop) when the page is still blank and loading. So you can't stop loading and only the tab's small icon will give away that there is still activity in the background.

Reply #308
Concerning the bug last mentioned in reply #282 (Otter can't connect to the internet): solved.
It seems to have been a collision between Qt 5 and the Linux kernel. Problem started with some upgrade to Qt 5.X.Y (it would be too time-consuming to check which version exactly) and disappeared after upgrading to kernel 4.4.

Reply #309
After the switch from build 109 to 116 the crash I had with the Breeze style in KDE is gone!
But now I have Oxygen icons instead of Breeze ones?!

2 things

Reply #310
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/ freezes my otter for several minutes
and
jpg images sometimes save as 'file.php', I have to rename them first or later

Reply #313
@mathman12, can you reproduce this issue using test-qtwebkit.exe?
Does it work for you when you use the same action from context menu instead?

@ovas, there might be some issue with extracting file name.
I'm not sure what do you mean, it ignores selected application and uses Notepad instead?

@py-thon, @1. do you have any backtrace for that crash?
@2. Yeah, this is missing detail, we have API that is supposed to suggest default location (which is easiest on Linux and BSD) but is apparently unused there.
@3. This menu is really crowded already, and you can still access it using context menu or add to menu button (it's about time to add editor for menus...) or somewhere else.
@4. Any specific URL where it is easier to reproduce that?
BTW, there is also now a workaround that should help with unstable network interfaces in case of QtWebKit.

@Kirilo, it is upstream bug:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-49061
The workaround was to by default disable use of system icon theme. :-/
You can re-enable it in about:config but it will bring back this crash...

Reply #314
oh boy oh boy
havent used otter quite some time hoping OLD things get fixed... but it just getting worst...

win7 32bit
again multi file select (test it on imagebam.com) does not work, this is like ancient bug never fixed
-
youtube, another ancient bug never fixed now with added bug, often it shows only 30% lower part of video
everything else is black
full screen is disabled even on "HD" quality O_o
-
also there is nowhere option to choose between using flash and html5 video which is annoying...
-
when page is loading clicking on STOP, doesn't stop loading page at all :(
-
and bug with saving images:

which not only it opens automatically even if SAVE is chosen
but it doesn't open with default registered app but with system component....

Reply #316
@Emdek
1. Sorry, I didn't find any crashdump or something like that.
2. I mentioned it because it worked fine when I tried last year in some double-digit-version.
3. Ok, I thought it was by mistake.
4. It works with almost any "bigger" page (several MB). But maybe you need a slow internet access to notice. The "Reload"-Button will appear before the page is completely loaded. It can take several minutes afterwards for the page to load completely. Try www.faz.net or www.welt.de for example.

I can also confirm what exley says: clicking on STOP does not necessarily stop loading the page. STOP button changes to RELOAD, but the page continues loading. Maybe there is a connection between this and #4.

Reply #317
win7 32bit
again multi file select (test it on imagebam.com) does not work, this is like ancient bug never fixed

Must be a Windows thing because it works on Linux. (I'm posting from the browser in which I tested right now.) An upstream Qt bug maybe?

Reply #319
An addition to #317: Stop-button sometimes doesn't react at all.

Reply #320
@exley, these YT issues are stuff that needs to be fixed by QtWebKit devs (they are working on revival based on current WebKit), in meantime you can use QtWebEngine backend which should work better in this case.
I'll check the remaining issues (except multiple selection, which behaves randomly in QtWebKit backend under Windows).

@py-thon, @1. uhm, I'm not sure, but perhaps there are some debug packages available in PPA, also you can try this to get backtrace:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Step-by-step_debugging_guide#Segmentation_faults
@2. Perhaps it dependent on Qt version, we are using default open dialog, BTW., now we suggest .opera directory by default under Linux and BSD.
@4. OK, I'll check that later.

@ovas, I need a better description of issue.

Reply #321
@ovas, I need a better description of issue.

The problem with the entrance to the site  https://qiwi.com/,that is, you enter and then you eject

Reply to Stop Button not working and never stops loading

Reply #322
Reply to Emdek #314 on: 2016-04-06, 19:20:16 (1459966816),

Using test-qtwebkit.exe, I can NOT reproduce the issue using test-qtwebkit.exe,
that is, the page seems to load fine and terminates.  However, errors and warnings are shown
in the lower right corner.

As for using the context menu:  When I right click on a non-actionable area in the page, the context menu shows that the reload button is correctly replaced with the stop loading button.  However, left clicking on that stop button has NO effect -- the page is stuck in a never stop loading phase.

But these steps may reliably reproduce the problem.
In Otter118 (QtWebKit 32 bit or 64 bit [tested on both]):
   1. Include the arguments file in the otter executable folder with text --portable.
   2. Make sure there is not a  cache  or  profile  subfolder present.
         In other words, like a completely fresh installation.
   3. Execute otter-browser.exe and (on the blank address bar) input the web site
            https://weather.com/weather/today/l/62801:4:US
   4. Wait for the second round of loading which may require clicking through some SSL errors.
   5. After a minute or more, try clicking on the stop button.

Note in Otter118:  The page does not stop loading.
Expected result in Otter118:  The page stops loading.
Result in Otter98:  The page eventually stops loading on its owns and the stop button naturally returns to reload.
Result in Otter118 (QtWebEngine 32 bit or 64 bit):  The page eventually stops loading on it owns
                                                                             and the stop button naturally returns to reload.

Tested on   Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1,
                 Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit,
          and  Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Others have noted this problem, namely:
exley       Reply #315 on: 2016-04-07, 11:09:41 (1460023781)
"when page is loading, clicking on STOP doesn't stop loading page at all."
py-thon   Reply #320 on: 2016-04-08, 13:49:08 (1460119748)
"Stop-button sometimes doesn't react at all."

I would use the QtWebEngine version but that version does not seem to remember the correct position or zoom setting from session to session.  Each position is set to 0,0 and each zoom is set to 100.

So, can this problem be easily fixed?

Respectfully, Mathman12

Reply #323

oh boy oh boy
havent used otter quite some time hoping OLD things get fixed... but it just getting worst...

win7 32bit
-
youtube, another ancient bug never fixed now with added bug, often it shows only 30% lower part of video
everything else is black
full screen is disabled even on "HD" quality O_o
-
also there is nowhere option to choose between using flash and html5 video which is annoying...
-
when page is loading clicking on STOP, doesn't stop loading page at all :(
-
and bug with saving images:

which not only it opens automatically even if SAVE is chosen
but it doesn't open with default registered app but with system component....

2. I can replicate that issue with Youtube. Btw, to switch from HTML5 to Flash, add &nohtml5=true to the end of the url of the video you're viewing.