Skip to main content
Topic: Tabs manager (Read 1839 times)

Re: Tabs manager

Reply #1
In other words, you would like to have a windows management panel in addition to the tabs toolbar. Right? This is my long-standing wish too.

Reply #2
Also note the ability to group tabs together. In Opera this is artificially limited to three layers (windows, tab groups, and tabs in said tab groups), but except for a lack of ability to collapse trees I prefer Tab Tree.

Reply #3
@Frenzie, good news, recently I've managed to draft design of data model and related workflow which should be able to deal with both stacking in tab bar and with this tree structure.
The solution was to completely remove concept of separate unit for groups, since tree would suffer from it (it would either have extra entries wasting precious vertical space or would have to deal with it somehow), and instead to go for concept of group leader (parent tab in tree or first on the left or on the right in case of tab bar, depending on layout direction).
That should solve that issue, now I just need to implement model, create tree view, port tab bar and other code related to tabs management. ;-)
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Reply #5
Hello.
This is a very useful feature. One of the features that force use of Firefox. Say there is some progress in the implementation?PS: Only in functionality to better focus on the "Tree Style Tab"