Skip to main content
Topic: Stupid Projects (Read 8977 times)

Re: Stupid Projects

Reply #25
Time for you to get out for a walk my boy and remember the thing that is free in America is the air.

I do. But I'd hoped to walk on the moon, if not Mars… I'm very disappointed in how our space program has "progressed". You, of course, prefer others to ply the paths; when they're well-trod, you'll place your feet upon them.
You'd sink into quicksand, because you won't -and don't- know any better.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #27
Study finds that AI went back to stupid.

Researchers found wild fluctuations—called drift—in the technology’s ability to perform certain tasks. The study looked at two versions of OpenAI’s technology over the time period: a version called GPT-3.5 and another known as GPT-4. The most notable results came from research into GPT-4’s ability to solve math problems. Over the course of the study researchers found that in March GPT-4 was able to correctly identify that the number 17077 is a prime number 97.6% of the times it was asked. But just three months later, its accuracy plummeted to a lowly 2.4%. Meanwhile, the GPT-3.5 model had virtually the opposite trajectory. The March version got the answer to the same question right just 7.4% of the time—while the June version was consistently right, answering correctly 86.8% of the time.

Reply #28
Strange, I wonder if it's a side effect from the extremely excessive attempts from keeping it from coloring outside the lines.