Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in the Americas? (Read 261182 times)

Re: What's Going on in the Americas?

Reply #150

Oh, as a postcript have you taken a look at the same thread title? It doesn't say America fulls top but the Americas. Tut, tut boy you slipped.

So-- if our Brazilian guy wants to post something about what's happening in Brazil, nothing's stopping him--- since, last time I looked, Brazil is part of the South American continent. We had a fellow-- don't know if he's still around, haven't seen him for awhile-- who coulda told you all you ever want to know about Mexico. I seem to recall that you and that guy didn't get along well though, and if anything you had even nastier things to say about Mexico than you do about the States. Now, I'll admit that my own knowledge about Mexico is somewhat weak. I know there are some "party places" that the well-to-do from up here like to visit, and a whole lot of poverty, and a whole lot of them trying to get here because of the whole lot of poverty there--- but beyond that, what I know could be put in a gnat's eye and still leave room for my van to park in the gnat's eye. Sooooo-- if he wants to tell us what's really going on there,-- Mexico is part of America, it belongs in this thread.

Happy now? OK, that was a stupid question, I should know nothing on this side of the Atlantic makes you happy, RJ.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #151
Must say that bothering with Mexico is pointless as it is a hell hole of magnifying proportions. Talk about losers there? Wouldn't live in the place for million pounds.

Well I don't get too fazed on the matter of nothing to keep me happy re over the pond mjsmsprt40! However, I am by nature, optimistic. When the place deals with what goes on inside and stops creating wears and bother outside I will be more than happy to praise your lot!  :lol:
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #152

Oh, as a postcript have you taken a look at the same thread title? It doesn't say America fulls top but the Americas. Tut, tut boy you slipped.

So-- if our Brazilian guy wants to post something about what's happening in Brazil, nothing's stopping him--- since, last time I looked, Brazil is part of the South American continent. We had a fellow-- don't know if he's still around, haven't seen him for awhile-- who coulda told you all you ever want to know about Mexico. I seem to recall that you and that guy didn't get along well though, and if anything you had even nastier things to say about Mexico than you do about the States. Now, I'll admit that my own knowledge about Mexico is somewhat weak. I know there are some "party places" that the well-to-do from up here like to visit, and a whole lot of poverty, and a whole lot of them trying to get here because of the whole lot of poverty there--- but beyond that, what I know could be put in a gnat's eye and still leave room for my van to park in the gnat's eye. Sooooo-- if he wants to tell us what's really going on there,-- Mexico is part of America, it belongs in this thread.

Happy now? OK, that was a stupid question, I should know nothing on this side of the Atlantic makes you happy, RJ.

Good points there MJM......The OP & TITLE does specifically note the [glow=blue,2,300]AMERICAS, [/glow]so unless this thread, & all it's contents, are totally deleted from [glow=green,2,300]DND,[/glow] it should encompass ALL the countries in [glow=blue,2,300]"THE AMERICAS" [/glow] --  both N. America & S. America   -- like it or not.

The [glow=blue,2,300]United States [/glow] is but one country in all of the [glow=black,2,300]Americas.[/glow]

I know alot of people call the United States [glow=black,2,300]  'America',[/glow]   but to be perfectly direct & precise,
we are known as the [glow=blue,2,300]United States of America, [/glow] or [glow=blue,2,300]United States, [/glow]  or [glow=blue,2,300]U.S. [/glow] for short.

Now, we all know that RJ's sphere of wisdom really doesn't exist outside of his little room, & in his mad dash to share his obsessive hatred of anything American, when he made this thread he really only wanted the Americas to mean the United States, but we all know he religiously screws the pooch, & so that said he ignorantly named it the way he did.

Reply #154
RJ, why don't you like our wears? Got a thing against what's left of our textile industry?

We used to be one of the leading producers of wears, but these days most wears are made in Asia. Just look at the labels. :lol:
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #155
We used to be one of the leading producers of wears

Imagine how this Massachusetts transplant feels, mjm!

Past glory frays and fades. Threads unravel…
The cloths that clothe and keep us warm may not
survive a cleansing — water, soap, what's wrought
by agitation — aren't meant to travel

long, on the roads we take or in the climes
we frequent. (We used to don the furs of
animals better suited than us…) Glove
the hand that reaches out to the Sublime,

and it will never touch it! 'Though frost-bit
fingers hardly care and scorch-abraded
extremes of interest become jaded…
The taste for ash and sulphur doesn't fit

the old-fashioned way of making sense. But
modern sense is cruel. And there is a glut…

(Yes, I know this is really bad:) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #156
We used to be one of the leading producers of wears, but these days most wears are made in Asia. Just look at the labels.  :lol:

Yes, but I think he's mad because so many brands still have headquarters in the USA. American Apparel, for example must really get his haggis.

Reply #157
So, how about starting a thread about what's happening in Scotland?

There are at least five to pick from already:

Scotland as a West Baltic state: What's going on in Scandinavia, North Atlantic, Baltic States and Scotland?
Scotland as a part of Europe and Africa: What's Going on in Eurafrica?
... sans Africa: What's Going on in Europe
... the whole continent, including the part east of the imaginary dividing line: What's Going on in Eurasia?
Scotland is still barely in the U.K.: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies

Reply #158

We used to be one of the leading producers of wears, but these days most wears are made in Asia. Just look at the labels.  :lol:

Yes, but I think he's mad because so many brands still have headquarters in the USA. American Apparel, for example must really get his haggis.

The manufacture of fabrics is practically purely Asian, but that's not where the money is. The money is in the marketing of fabrics.

This industry as it happens is dominated by Europe (the European part of Eurasia and Eurafrica). The biggest clothing retailer in the world is Spanish Zara, followed by Swedish H&M. Zara as it happens is largely producing the clothes in Europe, because the secret of Zara is speed, and Zara's customers have been largely European, unlike H&M, which is more global, competes on price, and largely produce their apparels in Bangladesh.

This is how the world is changing. Production is getting so automated that the cost of labour is so low that the factories could be anywhere (though Zara produces in low-cost areas of Spain), while logistics is getting crucial.

The flip side is that the factories provide much less employment than they used to do.

Maybe we should have a thread on this, the awsomesauce of/what is going on in the fashion industry?

Reply #159
I happen to be the only American regular poster outside the United States. Noteworthy, this thread is mainly about issues in the United States. Not a surprise.
We are in the polls right now here.
Never mind. :)

Reply #160
I'm voting for Rousseff because I favor female candidates.

Reply #161
Jax why mjsmsprt40 got a thing about overlooking those Scots links is that the blinkers were still on when he hurried.

Reply #162
Must say jimbro that the poor choice doesn't help much. After all, I recall when she flew to the former Yugoslavia shooting match she lied about her plane being near flak when it turned out it wasn't. Mind you lying is a political requirement so fair enough.

Reply #167
Doesn't matter who is elected you will still have tens of millions of poor, homeless, strain to maintain a massive army and military expenditure not needed. Kind of sad in a way.

Reply #169

Doesn't matter who is elected you will still have tens of millions of poor, homeless, strain to maintain a massive army and military expenditure not needed. Kind of sad in a way.

The only reason Scotland doesn't have the above is because Scotland doesn't have "tens of millions" of much of anything. If it weren't for the rest of the UK, you couldn't field much of a military if you tried. Now, I will say that one reason the UK could put together a credible navy is because Scots ship-building was second to none for the longest time. Much of the Royal Navy was built on the Clyde, so you do have that. But, I understand those days are a memory now with the UK having mothballed much of the fleet and new ship-building not being what it once was.

Maybe try to build another British Empire? Just a thought, then you could complain about the size of your military while tens of thousands go hungry at home.

Reply #173

I'm voting for Rousseff because I favor female candidates.

And she is 20 percent butcher than the male candidates.

30% baker and 50% candle-stick maker.

65% Lying Sack of Shit, 15% Ego & Testosterone Driven Shemale, & 20% Murderous Bitch

Don't hold back. Tell us what you REALLY think.