Skip to main content
Topic: Dramatisations & Documentaries (Read 35159 times)

Re: Dramatisations & Documentaries

Reply #75
Funny thing, that. People raise a fuss if Chicago allows a few dead people to vote--- but just look at RJH's numbers----there aren't enough buses to bring in people from out-of-town to vote the right way on that level.

In Scotland they ain't dead. Didn't you ever see that documentary about all of those immortal MacLeods chopping people's heads off?

Reply #76
Haha! Good to know there is a Yank who picks oddities up mjsmsprt4)!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #77
Considering that the population of the entire UK is between 65 and 70 million, they must be importing Tories in vast numbers.

Okay, I have to confess. I went to the Strip one fateful night and had one to many with the servers handing out free drinks left and right and all that. Unfortunately, I gambled away my money, maxing out my creditcards in the process. This guy named Vinnie loaned me some money at a 300% interest rate while offering me a pair of cement shoes and a "swim" in Lake Mead if I was unable to pay. So I had to take a bribe to go to Scotland and vote as a Tory to pay off my debt :(

Reply #78
In Scotland they ain't dead. Didn't you ever see that documentary about all of those immortal MacLeods chopping people's heads off?

The Scottish Maiden is on display at the Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.  This is only one reason that Mr. Howie dislikes the city.

Reply #79
And now, the first UK moon landing.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1W8gJ1PkBw[/video]

Reply #80
Amazing that was kept from us jimbro. But in reality if not true he could join the queue of Republicans wanting to be President....?

Reply #81

And now, the first UK moon landing.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1W8gJ1PkBw[/video]

Haha! Uk's spacesuits are amazingly advanced.  :P

Reply #83
This cannot be good. I suddenly get the feeling that all the candidates have never known anything except automatic transmissions--- and the GOP Clown Car is equipped with a 3-speed manual. Column shift.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #84
Silly boy. The car comes with a driver.

Reply #85
Can anyone explain me why Republicans uses an elephant and Democrats a donkey? I can understand (well, doing a lot of effort...) that Republicans may want to convince fools that they are strong and big... but Democrats and donkeys??
Since when that happens?
A matter of attitude.

Reply #86
Probably because of the simplicity of the corporates being able to do mind control and simple images would work wonders!  :lol:

Reply #87
Can anyone explain me why Republicans uses an elephant and Democrats a donkey?

It makes sense. Donkeys are strong-willed yet loyal and hardworking and will only bite and kick when provoked. Elephants are big clumsy oafs that destroy everything in their path. They just rip the branches off trees paying no mind to the innocent monkeys and other animals that made their home there and carelessly stomp their way across the savanna, crushing dozens of other creatures under their feet without even realizing wanton destruction they cause.

Reply #88

The now-famous Democratic donkey was first associated with Democrat Andrew Jackson's 1828 presidential campaign. His opponents called him a jackass (a donkey), and Jackson decided to use the image of the strong-willed animal on his campaign posters. Later, cartoonist Thomas Nast used the Democratic donkey in newspaper cartoons and made the symbol famous.

Nast invented another famous symbol—the Republican elephant. In a cartoon that appeared in Harper's Weekly in 1874, Nast drew a donkey clothed in lion's skin, scaring away all the animals at the zoo. One of those animals, the elephant, was labeled “The Republican Vote.” That's all it took for the elephant to become associated with the Republican Party.

Reply #89
That's true, too even if my explanation remains 20 percent more correct. Republicans do scare very easily. "Queer couples can marry now!?! They're gonna take my religious freedoms! :cry: "

Reply #90
 :devil: Life is hard!  :devil:

Reply #91
Yes it is but at least Edinburgh is nearly 50 miles a way so a passing sigh of relief!

Reply #92

The now-famous Democratic donkey was first associated with Democrat Andrew Jackson's 1828 presidential campaign. His opponents called him a jackass (a donkey), and Jackson decided to use the image of the strong-willed animal on his campaign posters. Later, cartoonist Thomas Nast used the Democratic donkey in newspaper cartoons and made the symbol famous.

Nast invented another famous symbol—the Republican elephant. In a cartoon that appeared in Harper's Weekly in 1874, Nast drew a donkey clothed in lion's skin, scaring away all the animals at the zoo. One of those animals, the elephant, was labeled “The Republican Vote.” That's all it took for the elephant to become associated with the Republican Party.

I actually started to post that same quote. I'm just not sure it's completely accurate. The "Republican vote" is actually the Democratic-Republican party (Federalists) which A. Jackson split from creating the Democrats. But here's the cartoon...

Reply #93
Well jackasses and donkeys are still pretty evident in the political  system so quite appropriate..... :D

Reply #94
We have ours, you have yours.

Reply #95
Elephants are big clumsy oafs that destroy everything in their path. They just rip the branches off trees paying no mind to the innocent monkeys and other animals that made their home there and carelessly stomp their way across the savanna, crushing dozens of other creatures under their feet without even realizing wanton destruction they cause.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Badmouthing those poor elephants. :P

Reply #96
We are still a long way behind what your country produces as politicians and head shaking to be blunt. A Trump or McCain would get nowhere here.

Reply #99
That's not true. A septic tank is somewhere....