Skip to main content
Topic: What have you just bought? (Read 62858 times)

Re: What have you just bought?

Reply #125
 :coffee:
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #126
A box set that consists of the first ten studio albums of Joni Mitchell.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #127
Some farmed Atlantic salmon, to be grilled with green beans and carrots.

Reply #128
A new GPS and purse.  :D

Reply #129
I didn't know they made those. Now you can lose shit and find your way all with the same accessory. lolz

Reply #130

I didn't know they made those. Now you can lose shit and find your way all with the same accessory. lolz

Ha! Perhaps I should of said, "and a purse." Although, that would be a great accessory because I lose shit all the time. I've been known to get lost too.

Reply #131
A new external HD.

Reply #133
How many gigs?

2 TB. Enough for my needs.

Reply #134
Lindt dark chocolate with roasted almond.
I know. I'm weak.

Reply #136
Not so much bought as subscribed to. Times Literary Supplement.
When I was an impecunious student, (and believe me I wasn't even slightly pecunious) I had access to the lounges in the Student Union. There I could sit in glorious luxury and read TIME, Punch, New Yorker, TLS, Scientific American, all sorts of newspapers, and scientific and critical magazines of various stripes.
As I became a real person I subscribed to some of them, one by one, and TLS is the latest. There were years when I was so busy that I didn't read any of them, but I kept up my subscriptions.
I think the time is near when most of them won't exist in printed form, or perhaps in any form at all.

Reply #137
A floor standing fan, in preparation for a long hot summer. So probably a waste of money.

Reply #138
A wall clock.

Reply #139
A tube of Bepanthen, which is a medication for diaper rash in babies.
I put it on my lower lip, where I had surgery recently. Would I lie to you?

Reply #140
Shampoo and condition. Exciting! I know.  :P

Reply #142
Remote controls for the garage roller doors. The company (one-man) that installed the doors a few years ago has changed hands. The previous owner is now making a good living as an "Elvis Impersonator".
I thought you should know.

Reply #143
A gas fire.

Reply #145
Are you gettin' ready for autumn already?

In a way. Been looking for a new one for a while and has taken till now to get one. Getting a gas engineer to come and fit it now, is my next step.

Reply #146
iTaste MVP

Reply #147
iTaste MVP

I had to search the internet to find out what that was. I thought it was something for an iPod.  :))

Reply #148
Quote from: Luxor
I thought it was something for an iPod. :lol: 

Yeah it does look like something for iPod or MP3 player :D

Reply #149
A scarf & a cotton winter cap.