Skip to main content
Topic: Will Europe have another War? (Read 20345 times)

Re: Will Europe have another War?

Reply #51
You have to remember, though, that he couldn't read English, let along Deutsch.

Reply #52
On the European war theme I would say not a real possibility at all. After all with the crisis on the Euro running into years now and the state the p[lace is in financially -no chance!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #53
On the European war theme I would say not a real possibility at all.
I'd have to agree: The War to end all wars, and all that! (Oh, wait! They changed the name — that's when they started numbering them… :( )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #55
there is  a chance that Europe will have another war ( in the real meaning )

but which country , nor who will start the war ?

Reply #56
Hmmmm--- Looks like exercises are underway for the next European war, at that.

What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #57
Putin Ninja Warriors!

Reply #58
And Sparta where in deuce do you base that point that there could be another war? Between whom?

Reply #59
ukraine and  yugoslavia  is in europe .

so  there is already  wars in europe .

but i pointing a Bigger war than war in ukraine.

perhaps a Global war such as   WWIII .

Reply #61
Well Yugoslavia is long gone and the West helped that disintegration. Ukraine will not cause a WW either although the West helped to create the mess in that country. However with he US trying to encircle Russia and niggle China with warships  does not help things. Even more stupid when you realise the US is in debt to a system they are so dead against - the Reds!

Reply #62
The Chinese are niggling, but I'm not sure it's our responsibility to niggle back. Japan and the Philippines might like some reassurances, but, again, I don't know why we have to bother. The business with the Chinese island building is bothersome to both countries.
It's one of at least seven reefs and atolls in the South China Sea where the U.S. and the Philippines have expressed concern that China's island-building could be used to base military planes and navy ships to intimidate other claimants, reinforce China's claim over virtually the entire area and threaten freedom of navigation in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes.

The islands are the Spratly Islands.
The Spratly Islands dispute is an ongoing territorial dispute between Brunei, China (People's Republic of China), Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan (Republic of China), and Vietnam, concerning ownership of the Spratly Islands, a group of islands and associated "maritime features" (reefs, banks, cays, etc.) located in the South China Sea. The dispute is characterised by diplomatic stalemate and the employment of low-level military pressure techniques (such as military occupation of disputed territory) in the advancement of national territorial claims. All except Brunei occupy some of the maritime features.

A world war in a nuclear era is unthinkable. Something involving the U.S. and China is unthinkable. The Chinese simply can't do anything that would imperil the sale of hundreds of tons of plastic toys and can openers.
U.S. goods and private services trade with China totaled $579 billion in 2012 (latest data available). Exports totaled $141 billion; Imports totaled $439 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with China was $298 billion in 2012.

Reply #63
At the same time it is almost laughable that America still maintains the half world military expenditure and has planes, ships and soldiers everywhere on the planet. So tough when someone else tries something?? Interesting morality there? So remember too jimbro that your corner is in big debt to China so don't get too rash with the uniforms but I have 2 spare bedrooms just in case.

Reply #64
It has nothing to do with morality. Not everywhere, either, and it's no big surprise that you have spare bedrooms. We have no planes, ships or soldiers in China, Russia, Brazil, Portugal, or Mexico.

But....
Hundreds of Polish residents took to the streets to give a hero's welcome to a convoy of U.S. troops who are driving through eastern Europe and deliver a damning message to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Children climbed on to Stryker armoured vehicles and even offered souvenirs to the troops, who stopped to pose for pictures in the main square of the eastern Polish town of Bialystok.
Meanwhile other residents lined the roads and applauded as the troops from the 3rd Squadron of the 2nd Cavalry Regiment of the American Army passed by.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3009704/Welcoming-cavalry-Hundreds-Polish-residents-turn-greet-convoy-U-S-troops-driving-eastern-Europe.html#ixzz3eRYnlm3f

I don't see China as a threat to the U.S., but other countries in the region do.

To put a silly wrinkle on the whole business, China has to continue lending the U.S. money so we can afford all those plastic toys. And I love Chinese food!

Reply #65

But....Hundreds of Polish residents took to the streets to give a hero's welcome to a convoy of U.S. troops

Excepting Poland and maybe some Baltic Republics, the rest of Europe is less enthusiastic about US military convoys on their streets.

Czechs for instance have been officially warned that they could face up to 2 years jail for throwing vegetables and eggs.

Throwing tomatoes at Americans is a bad idea! Convoy RULES - Házet na Američany rajčata je špatný nápad! PRAVIDLA kolony

Reply #66
I'm not enthusiastic about military convoys in my streets, too. And nothing was said about throwing poop? :devil:

The whole thing is absurd.

What's your view of eastern Ukraine? I've seen rumors of Soviet...er, Russian troops in the east.

Reply #68
We have no planes, ships or soldiers in China, Russia, Brazil, Portugal, or Mexico.

Yes you have and even better you pay us the absurd exaggerated rent we demand you for keep on having it. And you pay and shut up.
Any problem? we can always raise the rent. ;)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #69
Oh, yes: Air Base No. 4! Go ahead and raise the rent; and learn to speak Chinese… :)
进行 ...

Reply #70
I don't take much note of the guff of people cheering US tanks as it that in itself was a supreme principle. People cheered Nazi tanks once including Western Ukraine so a pointless comment. Krake has a point that the clapping is not everywhere and with the USA acting like a global Moses thinking it should militarily rule the world. If the US as it routinely does send military men to help I hope it is not the same ones who trained the Iraqi Army to run away!

In any case it is a load of cobblers  with all that gung-ho baloney. When did Russia indicate it was maybe going to invade the Baltic States or Poland for example.  And anyway in more practical terms if Russia did that those US tanks, etc would be swept away . It is just another excuse by America which thinks it can militarily plod everywhere. President Putin has made it clear that these movements are silly and they have no wish to invade anyone so it is about high time these training sessions and excuses for more bases was faced.

As for NATO the damn thing should have been disbanded when the Warsaw Pact collapsed. Washington DC gripes about the European NATO members not spending 2% of their GDP on defence but will make no difference as the poor old American taxpayer is stuck paying half the global military bill for what? Glory? It is the ordinary US Joe I feel sorry for as the corporate system that passes for a democratic one means they can do nothing about the money squandering or the increasing trillions in debt. Sad.

Reply #71
Do you, Howie, feel bad about the poor who'd be cut to £23k, to help pay your pension and NIH? :) Nah!
You're an "I've got mine" type of person…
进行 ...

Reply #72
Yes you have and even better you pay us the absurd exaggerated rent we demand you for keep on having it.

Do you mean this one?

We don't count islands, so we don't have any in England or in the English colony of Scotland.

Actually, there are no bases in Scotland, thank Buddha, and absolutely no reason for bases in England.

If I'm ever appointed to the world Emperorship, there will be no American troops outside the U.S. I'm in agreement with this English lady.

Reply #73
You continue to show your example of routine ex-colonist ignorance.

People pay NI (National Insurace) along with routine tax and not missed. And ALSO, millions do not pay NI at all smart alex.  Twice in the forums i have raised a documentary where a team of US doctors and dentists volunteered to travel about campinnross the ex-colonies to offer free health. The crowds were massive. I dare say that £23,000 wouldn't get you far in the good ole US of A but it does here. Tax has also been reduced for several million people and do not even pay until a higher level (raised twice and scheduled for even higher again. Every single political party here supports the NHS and totally different from your place where you have to have some form of financial situation and even that is fought over by the politicians. Doesn't occur here.

It is always the same on theis forum as was on Opera.Your country bums about everything, thinks it is the greatest in the wrold and an outstanding democracy and all the usual guff. Inpractice inside you are damn well something else. When faced with the millions that cannot afford health insurance or associated health issues - or indeed any deficiency you totally ignore it and try to do a dance. Kind of shows the two-faced double standards across the water. Well done for keeipng that style alive even if pathetic!

It is the same in military matters where corporate military manufacturers are hand in hand with the Pentagon (and you choose to ignore where corruption came up). Trillions in debt but war-warmongering all over the globe. Every day a US soldier commits suicide so a neat total annually. Hey that is nearly 4,000 in a decade!

You better hope there is never a war in Europe as you would not have an easy foe and maybe your Communist chums might pull the plug on all the debt you have to them. What a hoot with the world's greatest capitalist lot in hock to their Commie enemies! Maybe you need a bigger defeat than the amateurs gave you in S. Vietnam and the after mess might get the nation on the better footing and indeed better looked after along with a proper democracy. If such ever happened don't thank me as my shyness would creep in.

Reply #74
That insertion was not actually meant for you jimbro. I had been thinking of the wonderman, Oakdale and being late and not in a sleeping mood did not intend it for you! As a self-punishment, I will think on the Opus Dei and hit myself with a stick. In addition at this Saturday's massive Orange Order Parade in my city give thought grudgingly on the Pope and smile on Edinburgh (amongst the 182 lodges and 90 bands people will wonder why one marcher is frowning). Finally, pretend went to a confessional box and will be off the forum for a day.