Boris Johnson's going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
Cameron's going on.
[ 0 ] (0%)
The Labourists are going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
Riots are going on.
[ 2 ] (18.2%)
It's raining again. And again.. and again...
[ 5 ] (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Topic: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies (Read 109629 times)

Re: What's going on in the UK and Crown Dependencies

Reply #225
Anyway, now we have a direct government and I have to say that I was generally content income-wise, etc during the Coalition but happier the way things went at the General Election. Our parliament is far wider than what passes for one in the ex-colonies and caters for the population more generally.
They give you tea and biscuits? (No. Of course not. Forgive me… Cheese sandwiches of course, and -say- what do they give you to drink? You're a teetotaler yourself, so ask around, if you would? I'd like to know.)
Yes, I agree:
You should cap their incomes — and perhaps impose measurement-appropriate circumcision! :)
Don't know, that the gluteus maximus is that important. But you could certainly model the perfect ass!
Oh, wait! That's a euphemism… My bad! Some people might not understand.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #226
I know folk who don't understand. Some 300 million of them!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #227
Of course, Howie, you resent our fertility! :) But keep importing your ex-colonials and you'll catch up… To your detriment, surely. You won't care, yourself: You'll be dead, and what the heck does anything matter, then, eh?
When there's no England there will be no Scotland either, you know?!
进行 ...

Reply #228
As usual you ignore the way; things are going regarding blacks, Hispanics and more in nutjobland. When you say the widespread lack of democracy, social meltdown and such you take the biscuit.

Reply #229

As usual you ignore the way; things are going regarding blacks, Hispanics and more in nutjobland. When you say the widespread lack of democracy, social meltdown and such you take the biscuit.

Biscuits as in the kind we eat in the US, or your lot's biscuits?

Reply #230
As usual you ignore the way; things are going regarding blacks, Hispanics and more in nutjobland.
Democratic administrations -nowadays, mostly black- are killing their inner cities; and allowing the brutalization of their populations… The rate of black-on-black homicide hasn't yet caught up with their abortion rate; but its getting there. (Politics or culture? You tell me…)
The proportion of our population that is called Hispanic is somewhat larger, I think. East Boston, where I spent my childhood, was 90% Italian… I checked about 15 years ago: They're biggest problems were MS-13 and bilingual-education.
Our "nutjob-ness" comes from GB and European multiculturalism, etc. — except for our gun-craziness, I'll grant. (We pretty much invented that… :) )
进行 ...

Reply #231
Are Italians "classed" as Hispanic?

Reply #232
Are Italians "classed" as Hispanic?
Nope: The Italians moved out and the Hispanics moved in… (After my time, and I haven't been back.)
Here in California the situation is quite different. The Hispanics were the first settlers; and they remain a large proportion of the population.
进行 ...

Reply #233
We don't consider them so in Tennessee, but we do see Scots as Hispanic.
For instance, this man is doing the Scottish Flamenco.
That black thing isn't what you think it is.

Reply #234
It's a foot.
Trust me.

Reply #235
Now how bonkers is that rubbish Oakdale that you got the incomer thing from us. Being neither Hispanic nor coloured do what most Yanks don't do and look at a map! Plus you have been away for over two centuries s(thank goodness looking at the me4s) you are telling me you still aren't mature enough to sort things out for yourselves. Kind of walked into a corner - what a hoot!

Reply #236
Now how bonkers is that rubbish Oakdale that you got the incomer thing from us.
I've been reading about your Paki problems for decades, RJ. Have they gone away?

And would you talk about your Trinidadians…? (Like I said some time ago: Get back to me when the Queen of England -that would be your country, too, you know?- is black or brown… You and your democracy are worth a pfennig.)
进行 ...

Reply #237
Princess Sophie Charlotte was born on this date in 1744. She was the first Black Queen of England.

Charlotte was the eighth child of the Prince of Mirow, Germany, Charles Louis Frederick, and his wife, Elisabeth Albertina of Saxe-Hildburghausen. In 1752, when she was eight years old, Sophie Charlotte's father died. As princess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Sophie Charlotte was descended directly from an African branch of the Portuguese Royal House, Margarita de Castro y Sousa. Six different lines can be traced from Princess Sophie Charlotte back to Margarita de Castro y Sousa. She married George III of England on September 8, 1761, at the Chapel Royal in St James’s Palace, London, at the age of 17 years of age becoming the Queen of England and Ireland.

Reply #238
This one runs counter to everything I understand about the UK. Obviously, I don't understand much about the UK.
The government's remaining 30% stake in the Royal Mail is to be sold and £3bn cut from government spending this year, George Osborne has said.
The chancellor said the Royal Mail shares - currently valued at £1.5bn - would be sold when ministers could be sure they would get value for money.
The £3bn in cuts come ahead of further reductions to be announced in July.
Labour accused Mr Osborne of "ripping up" his long term economic plan by springing the announcement on MPs.
The SNP said the move "poses real danger to the postal service and, in particular, the universal service obligation which is of huge importance to Scotland".

Reply #239
was descended directly from an African branch of the Portuguese Royal House,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Stupidity has no limits. It seems particularly florescent at the New World.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #240
So… Apparently, Belfrager. you do have at least one racist bone in your body! :) Pathetic — you know?
进行 ...

Reply #241
The Labour Party when in power tried to sell the Royal Mail but their paymasters the Unions stopped them. As for the SNP that crowd of motional dimwits treat just about everything as damaging Scotland. Have no problem with the principle of Unions but was more than happy that M. Thatcher forced the cancellation of public employees having to be in a Union. And anyway whether a public or private employee you could legally opt out of the political levy to the Labour lot and I did that right away. Labour lost the plot and are an expensive crowd of people as it was them that created financial mayhem. They lost the General election by a very obvious direction and even more so this time.

Reply #242
Breaking from the United Queendom: Queen Elizabrth has died while Queen Elizabeth is apparently in fine form.

Reply #243
Just in passing where does the head of the ex-Portuguese Royal Family living these days.

Reply #244
Just in passing, what has that to do with this thread?

Reply #246

was descended directly from an African branch of the Portuguese Royal House,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Stupidity has no limits. It seems particularly florescent at the New World.

I'm only a humble reporter, Mr. Belfrager.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/mar/12/race-monarchy

BTW, stupidity is universal.
“Portugal is the only country in the world where a man’s mistress is uglier than his wife”

Reply #248
For your dumbness tt92 I would (sigh) remind you that every thread eventually morphs and anyway the monarchical thing WAS mentioned in this thread. o that Belfrager would have been happy if the Monarchy having been a long institution had not been shoved out by political controller mentalities.

Reply #249
BTW, stupidity is universal.
“Portugal is the only country in the world where a man’s mistress is uglier than his wife”

Says the ones that get laid with men...
Yeah, stupidity is not universal, I was wrong, it concentrates chez vous.
A matter of attitude.