Skip to main content
Topic: Time the BBC went into history (Read 609 times)

Time the BBC went into history

Many decades ago one could understandable. In due time widening into commercial channels all those years ago was part of widening thins in Gt Britain. Today it is a massively expensive running things widening into so much more and all paid by the damn taxpayers! So taxpayers pay for that big too expensive system in modern times. Although we have ITV news and Sky News there is some talking going on about why not a brand new news channel!

The propaganda we get is the small amount paid monthly by every taxpayer but I don't think these days we should have to all pay for a State radio and tv thing which is ridiculous. On Monday the regular newsman on the BBC News channel was reporting on that Russian man who was poisoned and he was leaning outwith what he should have been and when his reporter said the man was going back to Russia he said he wouldn't be doing that! Mention was also made of the attacked man as if he was a massive politician in Russia which is not true and never make President at all.

I will also make a passing comment again of what I once commented on over the subject of pensioners over 75 having their BBC stopped then it brought back this year! The organisation is a massive thing that should no longer be a State thing and reduced in size at least or preferably note created in a different society and overdue for going.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Re: Time the BBC went into history

Reply #1
The BBC is a projection of British soft power. DW and France 24 will be happy to fill the gap, but be careful what you wish for. :)

Reply #3
Join the growing number who refuse to pay the TV licence.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #5
The BBC is a projection of British soft power.
Much more than that. If people around the world still have a little bit of respect for GB, it's because two main things: the BBC and the Queen.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #7
A passing comment regarding that poison in that it was a passing reference by the newsman and a reporter that was not accurate giving the impression that the Russian politician terrible injured is NOT a high leader in Russia. neither should he newsreader  have made that un-professional smart alec comment. My main stance is that  - and made it clear was that broadcasting in GB decades ago was a new and slowly growing radio thing. As the country advanced so too did the television process. With a wider tv matter why is it still required the State must be there doing it and costing so damn much.
"Quit you like men:be strong"