Skip to main content
Topic: Physiognomy  (Read 6169 times)

Physiognomy

How accurate is this Pseudo-Science .

is it really applicable in Psychology  nor Criminology ?

Re: Physiognomy

Reply #1
By definition if it's a pseudoscience, it applies to nothing.

Reply #2

By definition if it's a pseudoscience, it applies to nothing.

Also by definition, it *appears* to make sense. Just like atomism.

Physiognomy is real insofar that there really are happy faces and angry faces, but it's false when it assumes a necessary connection between a "happy face" and happiness, between an "angry face" and anger.

Reply #3
That was Pseudo-Science , not Mumbo jumbo

there are many sciences that are just Pseudo-Science .
but it is applicable ..

in example , Freudians Mind concept .
Das Es , Das Ich , Das uber ich .

is there any evidence if in our Mind there are  Das Es , Das Ich , Das uber ich ?
Nope ..
because that are just Hypotesis .

is it applicable ?
yes ...

Sigmund Freud Living  with that stuffs .

Reply #4
I suppose I could throw this "science" for an interesting loop.

I never smile. Ever. So, by definition, I never have a "happy" face. But, I do have happy times on occasion.

There are people with permanent scowls--- but they're not always angry. People who smile a lot are not always happy. So--- this science may want some 'splainin'.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #6
i just know very little about physiognomy .

but it is not works like , if some one never smile , someone never happy .

it works like ... with this eye shape this one have bla bla personality 
with  this kind of  Chin  , this one love to debate

etc etc  .. 

Reply #9
This lady attacked her boyfriend for refusing to have sex with her. Any questions?

Reply #12
Unlike this Portuguese concubina.

Reply #13
Have you turned a travesty at your age? tss tss... at least you could have shaved, you would be less recognizable.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #14

This lady attacked her boyfriend for refusing to have sex with her. Any questions?

Is it sure that he was her boyfriend?

Looks to me as if she could only be her own boyfriend--which is possible these days.  Does anybody really have teeth like that--other than maybe zombies or a bad meth habit?  :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #16
Belfrager if you visit the ex-colonies it is not a bottle you should take but a bullet proof vest.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #17

Belfrager if you visit the ex-colonies it is not a bottle you should take but a bullet proof vest.

Are you sure? I've been here 60 years, and not once has anybody taken a shot at me. Of course there's always a first time, but it hasn't happened yet and I've been in some pretty rough neighborhoods.

Check your propaganda.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #18
Check your propaganda.
Wouldn't it be nice, if Customs did that for all visitors? (We're perhaps soon to see some or other arm of the federal police do such for natives and residents… So, why not? :) ) Lord knows, the government can be trusted to be neutral, no matter the party in executive power!
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #19

I've been shot six times but I heal quickly, however I'm headed to the Detroit area today and this could  could be number seven. Pray for me!

Reply #20

Quit Stereotyping:  be a Sir

Reply #21
Interesting odd stance by the Chicago manon my comment about the bottle or a protective vest. Considering it is one of the most violent places on earth, is gun daft shoot dead a 5 figure number annually, so many cowboy police shoot unarmed people, 2.3 million in jails a horrible and inhuman death penalty stuff. One does not need to conjure propaganda it is a stark fact of life Illinois man! The country was still doing public hangings into the 1930's. Yea a wonder land that is propaganda free.  :doh:  :devil: