Title bar

how is to disable / hide title bar ?

Re: Title bar

Reply #1
F11
A matter of attitude.

Reply #2
in fullscreen mode i lost the windows taskbar.

i think ill use borderless ware until undefined time.

Reply #3
Disabling or enabling of title bar and window borders is usually the function of window managers. In Xfce and Openbox there is a setting for this in the window menu, so that the title bar and window borders can be switched on and off for any window individually. Probably it's the same in Mate.

I don't like how e.g. Chrome distinguishes itself from all other windows by having no title bar, regardless of the general setting of the window manager. And these days there are desktop environments like Gnome 3, Unity, etc. that experiment with the integration of titlebar and menubar so that there is actually neither true titlebar or true menubar.

Otter lets the window manager handle the titlebar and window borders, as it's supposed to. Old Opera does the same thing.

Reply #4
I don't like how e.g. Chrome distinguishes itself from all other windows by having no title bar, regardless of the general setting of the window manager.

I don't know about Chrome, but in Chromium you can actually choose to show native window decorations.

Reply #5
I don't think it's possible to have per-application titlebar settings in Windows, unless you use some third party customization tool for that...

Reply #6
tab bar only
tab = menu (alt+f11) + tab + address
other bars = all off
this idea is bright.

Reply #7
Speaking of the Title Bar, is there any way to change it to show "WEBPAGE TITLE - Otter Browser" instead of "WEBPAGE TITLE - Otter - Otter Browser"? If so, how do I do so?

Reply #8
Otter lets the window manager handle the titlebar and window borders, as it's supposed to. Old Opera does the same thing.

Nope. On Windows, Opera 10.5 unified titlebar and tab bar exactly as in Chrome and Firefox. And once you use it you will never come back ;)

However emdek said some time ago that a rework of the title/tab bar was on the to do list... I don't know if it's still on the roadmap

Reply #9

Nope. On Windows, Opera 10.5 unified titlebar and tab bar exactly as in Chrome and Firefox. And once you use it you will never come back ;)

I used Opera on Windows Vista up to version 12.16. Somehow I didn't encounter a unified tabbar and titlebar a la Chrome. (Not saying it wasn't there. Probably it required some user action to switch it on, but I apparently never switched it on.)

Reply #10
weird... No user action is required on Win7 ... maybe on Vista there was some limitation?

Reply #11
weird... No user action is required on Win7 ... maybe on Vista there was some limitation?

The same thing happened on all platforms, including XP. The key is whether or not you enabled/disabled the menubar.

Btw, I like how the titlebar shows the title… :P

Reply #12
Oh, you mean you're testing with menubar active? In that case tabbar and titlebar are obviously on two different lines (but share the same "color") ... however consider that menubar is not active by default, you've to activate it yourself  ;)

Reply #14
ok