Skip to main content
Topic: Europe's Migrant Crisis (Read 34669 times)

Re: Europe's Migrant Crisis

Reply #125

People are exercising too much English... it affects the brain.

You have all my compassion dear Bel.  :(
If you think the damage is persistent, why don't you consult a doctor?

Reply #126
:lol: The German kind of humour...

Reply #128

Merkel was a fool to accept male refugees. It will be her political untergang.

I agree on this and most people here no matter of what political color do as well.
Wonder if you know why she did it. At any rate it wasn't human kindness something she was praised for oversea.
But the ultimative plan of our ally had to be cached into a toughing narrative...
She got duped and tries now disperately to paddle back so far she can.
Nobody really cares about her political future, something that isn't important.
Due to her stupidity she did a lot of harm to the EU - raise of nationalism, xenophobia and social tensions. It's a dangerous mix...
The damage she did in Germany is immense. No, I don't even take into account the aprox 50 billions of EUR which the tax payer will have to pay for refugees this year. The political damage is much worse.
The fourth pillar of a democracy is a somehow functioning free press. If you turn the media exclusively into a propaganda tool at a degree that even the stupid can realise the lie than you get a problem. Not only that nobody will believe anymore what your "free" press tells but it will be met with hostility.
We are at a point now that reporters of the "free" press need bodyguards when reporting live from demonstrations - the result of bias and falsehood.
The public service television financed with tax money and supposed to be independent, became a propaganda and desinformation cornet that hurts any normal being's intellect.
Well, I'll stop here because I get only pissed off thinking about it and the above should suffice for my todays English exercise. ;)

1. I expect we nudged her into it (but of course, PR also played a part, as I think you'll agree).

2. RT (a tad biased of course) has reported extensively on the censorship of y'alls press. That is perplexing to me, seeing as how Putin routinely censors their press.

3. Wenn ich mehr Deutsch sprechen könnte, würde ich auf Deutsch schreiben. Leider kann ich nicht.  :(

Reply #129

1. I expect we nudged her into it (but of course, PR also played a part, as I think you'll agree).

The plan was to flush Syria leaving Assad as allone as possible. The PR part was that people is fleeing from Assad's troops. (BTW, our actual mainstream tenor is that people are fleeing from Russian bombs.)
Therefore her public call aimed at Syrians only(!) with the promise of a safe harbor in Germany. It was meant to be received by the Syrian middle class (at least what still left from it) and Assad's military.
She was to stupid to realize that the plan was a double edged sword...
Human lifes have never been (or are) an issue, neither for her nor for the US led coalition, cynically named: "Friends of Syria"
Now she pays billions of EUR to sultan Erdogan in the hope that he might be helpful in stopping the flood, while she turns a blind eye to the terror/killings the sultan unleashed lately at home on Turkish Kurds.

3. Wenn ich mehr Deutsch sprechen könnte, würde ich auf Deutsch schreiben. Leider kann ich nicht.  :(

Your German is just fine and this is an English language forum anyway. :)

Reply #130
I can't sing, either, but I speak decent English. And I understood the Rebel's Deutsch!
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMVFL1yAw9E[/video]

Reply #131

Another day, another assault reported from Germany.

https://www.rt.com/news/330967-germany-elderly-attack-train/

Merkel was a fool to accept male refugees. It will be her political untergang.

Ah, yes, another assault from RT.

Russia having success in hybrid war against Germany
Until recently, Germany had largely been spared the wrath of Russia’s state propaganda machine. Germans, in their eagerness to be conscientious world citizens and reliable business partners, were seen in the Kremlin as allies to coddle and co-opt. That view changed abruptly in 2014, when Angela Merkel led the drive for European Union sanctions to punish Russia for its war against Ukraine. Now, as the German chancellor flounders domestically because of her open-door refugee policy, she has made herself vulnerable to attack. “I’ve never seen so much glee from the Russians as during Germany’s refugee crisis,” said a diplomat in Berlin.

On Jan. 16, Russia’s state-run Channel One led the 9 o’clock evening news with a shocking report from Berlin. “Evidence has emerged that migrants in Germany have started raping children,” presenter Yekaterina Andreyeva said in the intro. That evidence came in the form of testimony by the “Aunt Marina” of a teenage girl, identified as Lisa, who claimed she had been abducted on her way to school and raped by migrants for more than a day. More proof that Germany is going to hell in a hand basket was a blurry video of a supposed recent arrival who bragged about raping a “virgin” with five other men. (Germany’s Bild newspaper later reported that the video had appeared on YouTube more than six years ago.)

The story you with the hoodlums you referred to I think is actually real, though not Syrian and not refugees. Of course the Russians are not the only ones with a well-developed and modernised propaganda apparatus. A bit like early spam it was easy to see who was behind it, what they wanted and how fake it was, atrocious spelling and ridiculous plot. Now we got scams that are very professional and very believable for non-paranoid among us. Likewise propaganda is no longer of the crude Stalinist or Comical Ali variety.

Facebook, and to a large extent similar social media, is particularly vulnerable to manufactured viral untruth, and counter-strategies are not working too well.

Reply #132

Ah, yes, another assault from RT.

Is this also an assault from RT?
Two minors raped by four ...
Guess what, no single word about it in our media.
Fact is that there are guidelines to keep secret crimes committed by refugees. AFAIK, not only here in Germany.
The events in the night of New Year's Eve have been kept secret for almost two days. In the end they had to bring it into our media because social media networks did already run hot...

The transatlantic call to unleash the media/propaganda war, bears its fruits... Not neccessary the one it was hoped for.
"Lügenpresse" is the new label our media can choke on over its biased campaign.

Nice source you got Jax, bild.de is the most rotten tabloid one can imagine. Compared to it, the British tabloid "The Sun" is for high profile intellectuals. :)
As for the 13 years old Lisa:
- First official comment in "Der Spiegel": Nothing at all happened. It's a lie.
- Days later: She had no sex during the time of her disappearance.
- Days later: Well, she had sex but it was before her disappearance. And anyway, the sexual contact with the two guys (of Turkish origin?) was on mutual compliance...

Reply #133
Turkey is a farce of a country. You just have to see the way the press and government opposition is treated and if you dare to criticise the President watch out.  I indicated a wee while back of an incident on a news item on tv that showed the Turkish police stopping to watch migrants loading up n those dodgy boats and did nothing they just got back into the car and rove off. It is also a disgrace in relation to the Syrian crisis and the Kurds. Democracy?

I have mused on the so-called figures of deaths in Syria. A year ago it was over 100,000" then within weeks it was over 150 thousand now we are getting assumptions of over 200 thousand or near a quarter of a million. In Leppo the largest city now in a full military conflict again the West deliberately ignores that one half of the place supports the Assad regime and the other half the rebels of all sorts. Now thrown in the stuff about Russian planes killing civilians in the civil war. Now this would indicate an oddity in that US and Western bombers cannot killcivilians? Remarkable! However remembering how the US destroyed a hospital and had a long list of killing lots of civilians in Afghanistan, etc I will not be too easily moved from my view.

I dare say that the Syrian government does have some blame in a civil war but for goodness sake let us not have any lectures from the West in the record it has in supporting vile dictatorships like places such as saudi Arabia and others. Whether people in the west through subtle propaganda see only one side in Syria is a nonsense as there are people in Syria who do support Assad whether our politicians like it or not.  America also pumped in guns and military equipment to "moderates" then they found hardly any "moderates" got the stuff it was more dangerous people but that is quickly ignored. Trkey is up to it's neck in dishonesty leetting ISIS cross the Border and move oil etc but then that is okay because that semi-dictatorship is in the war-mongering lot from the past namely, NATO.

Whatever faults there were in Syria there was freedom of religion for example and now we have Christians everywhere fleeing and many of their villages and places destroyed by rebels.  Navies should have been employed a while ago to stop these dinghy convoys of people and so too should Turkey have stopped them. The Turks who seell the dingy fare are making lots of money.Principles? Tosh
"Quit you like men:be strong"