Skip to main content
Topic: Earth 2.0? (Read 20057 times)

Re: Earth 2.0?

Reply #1
let's drop Democracy Bombs at that planet .

Reply #2
Let's recognize that we've no way to communicate with any them that might exist there…

Let's drop "rationality" bombs on this planet! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #3
Let's recognize that we've no way to communicate with any them that might exist there…

Or maybe even anywhere...

- a) We are alone.
- b) We aren't.
- b) it's not more probable than a)
- of course it is.
- why?
- erh... because there are many planets.
- and so what?
- erh...

I like monologues.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #4
They've already investigated us. We've been quarantined.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #6
Maybe that planet belong to the Vulcans.

Spock: "Well, about time they discovered my homeworld. Perhaps we can teach humans how to fly at warp speed! "

Reply #7
i thought when human can make a Warp Drive , Vulcans Come and offers Coalition .

in the #Plot_Twisted version .

The Vulcans and Human from the Future using Time Machine to Teach Human how  to make a Warp Drive .

and the Story begins..

Reply #8
Living on dreams. We are alone.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #10

Living on dreams. We are alone.

That remains to be seen. What proof--- real, solid PROOF--- do you have for this?

Earth COULD be alone in the universe, the one place where fleshly life exists. Or, we could be one of many planets scattered throughout the universe that have life. Our abilities at this time don't seem to lend to conclusive proof either way.
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #11
Fiction is Fiction .
and Science is Science .

When someone talk about Fiction then make a conclusion that was  a legit Science .

that's the most genius things to do .

on the other hand ...
yes, sometimes Fiction is illogical .

it's not surprising at all , since Fiction do  not have to Follow the Physics nor Physical reality .

in example ; Time machine .

if Human can make a time machine , why the heck there are no time travellers that visit us ?  :left:

Reply #12
I don't think life is a common thing. If it were, there might be a whole lot more of it in our own solar system. Right now, Earth seems to be pretty much "it" as far as detectable life in this solar system. However, the number of stars is mind-boggling. We've recently gotten technology that allows us to detect that stars other than our Sun have planets--- and some of those planets could be within the star's "Goldilocks" zone that would allow life as we understand it to exist.

After that, right now everything is pure conjecture at this point. Our technology is still way too primitive to detect anything that might give rise to "proof" either way about life on any planet beyond our own system. The distance to the nearest star known to have an Earth-like planet is ---beyond our technology to reach it. So, we have no way of proving anything either way. Your guess is as good as the most experienced scientist's at this point.

Reply #13
i think that are not beyond our technology .
since the only problem is 'the distance' .
it is + 1400 light years .

and hence, that will take a  long long long time to get there,  using nowadays technologies .
perhaps , make a one way  missionary drone is a pretty good idea .

probably with mission to create artificial Life, to make a Second earth from scratch .

note; if there are already lifeforms  at that planet , that is the bonus

Reply #14
Interesting to try and be balanced mjsmsprt40,  however I will still remain in my corner after centuries of nothingness along with desperate space junkies will hold onto the attitude that there must be. I stopped letting space comics effecting the grey cells when I matured and grew up.

Reply #15
since the only problem is 'the distance' .
it is + 1400 light years .

and hence, that will take a  long long long time to get there,  using nowadays technologies .

Even if scientists discover light speed technology it would take 1400 years to get there. Nope, not practical . Instead of researching the possibility of traveling at the speed of light, maybe scientists could research an alternative way of traveling through space like this wormhole machine that allows traveling from one universe to another in a matter of seconds:

What, is that just another fiction? Oh, darn it...

Reply #16
science is not about right or wrong .
science is about works , or do not works .

if Warp Time and Space is possible , then it is a Science .

if no , probably it is a theory , hypotesis .
or a fiction .

Reply #17
Well an awful lot of it is well, theory. Then when something is found to be slightly less that we are told the theory then changes. Kind of says it all and all the money spent on space would be far better off spent here for the lesser off in our planet than stuff that makes no damn difference to lives except for science goofs and scifi-'s who haven't grown up.

Reply #18
I don't think life is a common thing. If it were, there might be a whole lot more of it in our own solar system. Right now, Earth seems to be pretty much "it" as far as detectable life in this solar system.

You did include a qualifier but in even the most general sense we've barely looked. It's completely possible we haven't even found all the Earth sized planets in our solar system, and our probes have been the equivalent of tossing a rock down a well to see if there's water. 

Reply #19
who haven't grown up

For the most part science fiction has either predicted or influenced the development of modern tech. Fantasy>Theory>Reality is one way causality has worked... As people who grew up with sci-fi develop it, it becomes real and often better than the fantasy.

Anything is possible. Even train simulators, who'd of thunk it?

Reply #20
Even train simulators, who'd of thunk it?

Indeed... one has to be at the bottom of vegetative life to remain hour after four watching trains passing by.
It seems that cows like to do it.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #21

who haven't grown up

For the most part science fiction has either predicted or influenced the development of modern tech. Fantasy>Theory>Reality is one way causality has worked... As people who grew up with sci-fi develop it, it becomes real and often better than the fantasy.

Anything is possible. Even train simulators, who'd of thunk it?

Star Trek generated a fair amount of it. Cell phones? Communicators. Automatic sliding doors that open as you approach? Yep, that too. Right now, scientists are working on robotic controls for vehicles, and one day in the not-too-distant future you may have an android "friend" who will be able to hold his/her (depending on your choice) end of a conversation, among other things.

Reply #22
Indeed.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM594RsDAvA[/video]

Even warp drive has moved more to the theoretical.

Reply #23
Yup, a few decades ago before cellphones existed, Star Trek communicator was merely science fiction.