Skip to main content
Topic: The Weird, the Wacky and the Wonderful (Read 111013 times)

Re: The Weird, the Wacky and the Wonderful

Reply #375

Typical Yank thinking there boy.

King william 3rd was never a queer and was Jacobite propaganda - the same mob who used to toast the mole who caused his horse to stumble and led to his death. Indeed an experienced UK historian back in 1988 (celebration of the Glorious Revolution), found that the origin of this pathetic tale came from a palace servant who was pulled up for his inefficiency and went into a huff. In fact when the Kind found out about the story he was angry and wanted to know why the damn rubbish had been concocted so he found out personally. William had 2 great actual loves. His wife whom he constantly wrote to during campaigns and his strong Protestant Faith. Nice attempt there at a skirt but you kind of demean your grey cells trying such childish pursuits!

The title of this thread is perhaps nearer being positive than you realise and you are reflecting it  - well you are a Yank!  :P :hat:

The man was a saint.

Reply #379
Dam! I liked it until the creepy people showed up. And the music! I need a nap.

Reply #381
That's very cool. I typed in Alfa Romeo and it got confused, but it reacted nicely to alpha g.

When I see something like that in the vastness of the multiverse, it's difficult to think that the world is only 6,000 years old and that Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs. I am a believer, however, so I do my best.

Reply #382
When I see something like that in the vastness of the multiverse […]
Sir! The Multiverse is a mathematical construct neither you nor I can "see". (Nor can anyone else!) …Or do words no longer matter? (Only the opinions of our "betters"?)
There are wonders galore within our experience. The vastness of our observable universe is incredible! (But there is our history of observations to be considered. So, such becomes creditable.) The phantasmagorical 11 or 13 dimensions of reality —according to string-theories— may, to some few, make mathematical sense. But no one can "see" them. (Although some mystics claim otherwise. :) )
You use the word "multiverse" quite the same as some use the words "heaven" and "hell"… Shouldn't you know better?
(Or would you continence their usage, as metaphor — which is all you can claim — also?)
Send me your partial differential equations… I promise, I'll try to understand them. But don't hold your breath! :) Math isn't my strong suit; logic is.
But about the 6,000 year old time-scale of life on earth: You're more than a hundred and fifty years behind the times… (Even being back in Tennessee…)
I am a believer, however, so I do my best.
Well, you submitted this…
I think you (obviously) meant "I am not a believer, however, so I do my best."
Now, that — I believe whole-heartedly!
You're a moral man. Whether you want to be or not. (I know the bind.)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #383
The universe may well be a part of the multiverse...if the multiverse exists, Rj Oakdale.

You and I know the same amount  about string theory; i.e., damned near nothing.
Send me your partial differential equations… I promise, I'll try to understand them. But don't hold your breath!  :)  Math isn't my strong suit; logic is

So far as I can tell, bullshit and sarcasm are your strong suits, but I could be wrong. Have another drink.

Reply #384
Rj Oakdale.

Until when your only answer at a discussion is wanting to merge your opposition with rjhowie?
Poor rjhowie, being defenestrated this way by everybody...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #385
You and I know the same amount  about string theory; i.e., damned near nothing.
Perhaps… But I read Motl's blog fairly often, and I know how to follow links. (The current post should interest you.)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #387
The Weird, the Wacky and the Wonderful

a man married an invisbile fairy   " roro setyowati " .

they have a twin children , and nowadays they will build a house .

Kodok Ibnu Sukodok 

The events took place in an old house owned by an artist, Bramantyo Prijosusilo in Sekaralas Village, Ngawi .

official Facebook group  --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/MBAHKODOKRABIPERI/

Bramantyo is the one that have long beard and always using 'blangkon' 

Reply #389
You have to go to the event page to really appreciate what went on.
“The wedding event did not utilize electrical lighting, but instead using oncor and sentir lamp (oil-powered lighting),” said Bramantyo, the artist who created the wedding between Bagus Kodok and Peri Roro Setyowati as quoted by Kompas (8 Oct 2014).

Bramantnyo explained that the wedding was framed as a ‘happening art’, which was collaborated with Javanese tradition.

Reply #391
David Cameron ate a hotdog with a knife and fork!

People that uses the fork at their right hand while eating with open mouth now pretends to give others good manners lessons...
I wonder what the good Lord is waiting for to strike them with a thousand lighting bolts.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #392

Reply #393

David Cameron ate a hotdog with a knife and fork!

People that uses the fork at their right hand while eating with open mouth now pretends to give others good manners lessons...
I wonder what the good Lord is waiting for to strike them with a thousand lighting bolts.

You are the silliest, most bigoted, small-minded poster here.  Always looking for an opportunity to belittle somebody. Beyond those failings, you're a congenial lad.
Now, back to the subject at hand. Like this Portuguese lady?

Reply #394
It was NOT a hotdog blunder so totally wrong. The former Labour leader was caught eating a roll with bacon in iit and the odd look suited him. Don't know where the hot dog rubbish came from.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #395
Donini is not a Portuguese wine, she's not Portuguese and she's eating soup with a spoon the right way, except for the lack of elegance dear ignorant.
But of course you can't even distinguish a plate of soup from the others. Or cutlery for fish and for meat. Or glasses for red wine white wine and water. And so on, and so on, and so on...
Get manners.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #396
Jaybro said
"You are the silliest, most bigoted, small-minded poster here."
Not so fast, Jim, not so fast.
This is a hotly contested title.
But I grant you, Mr. Frager is certainly in the running.

Reply #397
Frager is in the lead at the sixteenth pole! It's a tight race, but the Portuguese gentleman is outpacing the contender ........... . If there's not another Great Recession in Portugal, he may be able to pull it off.

Reply #399
I happened on the same thing yesterday. I also found this...
“With very thin cylinders and very slow velocities you get singing telephone lines, an absolutely pure frequency or tone,” says Sheila Widnall, an aeronautics and astronautics professor at MIT. “But when the cylinder gets very big and wind gets very high, you get a range of frequencies. You won’t be able to get as much energy out of it as you want to because the oscillation is fundamentally turbulent.”

Widnall also questions the company’s claim that its turbines will be silent. “The oscillating frequencies that shake the cylinder will make noise,” she says. “It will sound like a freight train coming through your wind farm.”

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/537721/bladeless-wind-turbines-may-offer-more-form-than-function/