Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in the Americas? (Read 261693 times)

Re: What's Going on in the Americas?

Reply #325
The Howie forgets that his his Scots gave up their freedom (…they thought to regain it, since their North Sea oil might finance independence; and then thought better!) and accepted their role as minor children of the English family of nations.
As is usually the case in such circumstances, squabbling ensued; but not much came of it. Perhaps they will grow up, eventually.
Myself, I doubt it. But I could be wrong: There may be adults willing and able to take charge there — if they aren't required to appease the child-like populace and its silly pretensions.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #326
that lowlifed, lily-livered, Putin lovin' black hearted Scot couldn't & wouldn't be worthy of licking the bilge on any boat I'd serve on!

I stand corrected. :P

Reply #327
An' don't fergit it.       

Reply #328
Oh I wouldn't want to be on your terrorist boat. The bilge is not just below but weighs the craft down. Other countries have grown up but your is taking a heck of a long time. By the time your country does grow up it may be bankrupt.That would be good news for the world so keep going.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #329
Oh I wouldn't want to be on your terrorist boat. The bilge is not just below but weighs the craft down. Other countries have grown up but your is taking a heck of a long time. By the time your country does grow up it may be bankrupt.That would be good news for the world so keep going.

Reply #330

RJH-- you might want to look up just what the bilge is. It doesn't weigh the boat down---- ballast does that. Ballast may be placed in the bilge for stability. There is a difference.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #331
RJH-- you might want to look up just what the bilge is. It doesn't weigh the boat down---- ballast does that. Ballast may be placed in the bilge for stability. There is a difference.

Michael, you must have something better to do than reopen that can. Just call him a Catholic and be done with it.

Reply #332
Understanding Americans

Is spying on people evil?
What is considered to be the most precious treasure of a free citizen in a free world, the NSA must avoid to spy on? Selfies of our dicks (or snatches)?

A funny video with John Oliver and Edward Snowden about government surveillance and American perception:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEVlyP4_11M[/video]

Reply #333
A funny video with John Oliver and Edward Snowden about government surveillance and American perception:

I saw that video recently. Oliver is funny and perceptive. Snowden is just along for the ride. I watch Oliver's show, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, on HBO weekly. Very interesting.

Reply #334
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

Reply #335
Still a convoluted bit of dancing dear Chicagoan.

Reply #336

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"
That's odd, the Oliver uploader lets in Sweden.

Reply #337
It's a bit confusing. The other Oliver pieces all play and this particular piece played a few days ago.

Reply #338
They allow it in Belgium too. In fact it's been one of my YouTube subscriptions since the beginning. Maybe some channel licensed the show in Australia?

Reply #339
If all other Oliver pieces play and even this one played a few days ago then probably it was taken out on Australian demand.
Somebody probably wasn't very amused about it. It's the only feasible explanation that comes to my mind.

Reply #343
According to Mr. Obama the USA is speeding up the training of ISIL ( Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant aka ISIS or Islamic State) forces.

[video]https://youtu.be/p2NkjNvwuaU[/video]

Reply #344
Well the US has a good history of backing terrorists and such regimes when it suits.

Reply #346

More news from The Donald at http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/us/politics/trump-belittles-mccains-war-record.html?_r=0.

Sez Trump: "Quit you like men: be strong".

Donald Trump should shut his #@%^&^$ mouth. That's impossible, I know, but still he should do that.

I heard about Trump trashing McCain, so I got curious. What did the illustrious Donald do during the war?

Oh---- he got deferments. He got a high draft-lottery number so he wouldn't be called--- he pretty much stayed out of uniform entirely during the time he was eligible.

Now, I have little use for McCain because of other issues. But, his war record is an honest one, and if people think he's a war hero he at least has credentials for that. Donald does not. All "The Donald" has is a big bazoo of a mouth that says the most remarkably stupid things. In this case, it would be hard for him to say anything more stupid.

Full disclosure: I turned 18 the year the draft ended. Never called, never volunteered, would have been 4f if I had because the physical would have failed me. So I have the same credentials "The Donald" does in that regard.

The link: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-vietnam-draft-records-secret-documents-deferments/story?id=13492639
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #347

Donald Trump should shut his #@%^&^$ mouth. That's impossible, I know, but still he should do that.

I think he might be a deep cover Hillary supporter :right:

Reply #348
"The Donald" should thank whatever he worships that this is not 200 years ago.

Back then, he couldn't say what he said about McCain without the strong possibility that he would have to back his words on the "field of honor".

I have a suspicion that if it came to a duel between Trump and McCain, Trump wouldn't win.

Reply #349
I am not a fan of McCain's politics… (McCain–Feingold in 2002 was a travesty!) But his "political" connections during his Nam service, which would have secured cushy duties had he wanted them, went un-used: He repeatedly asked for and got the most dangerous assignments. In short: He was a warrior.
Trump -on the other hand- was a wimp, someone who aspired to become a malingerer, at best.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)