Skip to main content
Topic: What's Going on in the Americas? (Read 261733 times)

Re: What's Going on in the Americas?

Reply #275
Then the additional guff about our days of Empire which we eventually gave upo but you lot have got yourselves hooked up to trillions in debt to try and show that your empire will be more brilliant than any previous one. Why you wanted to go in that direction is something else. Soldiers everywhere in hundreds of camps that you cannot really afford, war creating for the benefit of the Pentagon and it's military corporate pals. If you got rid of this global paranoia the American population (especially tens of millions) vould have a Health Service and a far better internal situation but nope you are hell bent on wanting to control the world instead.

I have to grant you that one, Rj, but for the "you are hell bent part. Many, if not most of us, McCain and his Republican pals excepted, are sick of it. 213,407 dead in WWII when Stalin and friends were capable of sealing the deal.

Reply #276
Your avatar is making me confuse you for someone else. :P

Reply #277
I recently moved to Tennessee. That's our state flag.

Reply #278
  :happy:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N41DdVedXCo[/video]

(Lol, I was a little confused for a second... Thought I was sleep posting.)

Reply #281
Bit of a delayed reaction.

You're the only Tennessean left not flying the flag... The lady can do as she pleases, of course.

Reply #282
I was going to say something about it this morning but I passed out instead.

I think it would lead to more confusion. Plus, my phone is psychotic this morning. Notifications about stopped updates keep popping up.   :o

Reply #283

I was going to say something about it this morning but I passed out instead.

I think it would lead to more confusion. Plus, my phone is psychotic this morning. Notifications about stopped updates keep popping up.   :o

They should push 5.0 to your device any day now. But that error usually comes if wifi signal gets lost while the market app is trying to batch update.

Reply #284

They should push 5.0 to your device any day now. But that usually comes if wifi signal gets lost while the market app is trying to batch update.

Ahhh, I see. That explains it. A refrigerator is to blame for this.

Reply #286
Hope you manage to adapt to your new dialect jimbro.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #287
Well now, if we're representing our various state flags, I'll bring one of our own out of retirement.

ETA: For the no-doubt, wondering Mr. Howie, the flag I have put up as my avi is called "The Magnolia Flag". It's what we flew in MS for the brief time that we told Mr. Lincoln to get stuffed, and were independent.

I might draw your attention that it incorporates the Bonnie Blue in the top left corner, as you seem to enjoy Civil War tidbits and such.

Reply #289
Enough flag waving for me :right:

Reply #290
Thanks for that Colonel and I have always been a sympathiser of the South. Here we can have a referendum on being in a Union or not but over the water such democracy is not there. Hd I done a third visit to the ex-colonies I would have visited the Confederate White House and given a long sigh!

Well Macallan the US is the No 1 for flag waving. By the way Colonel is there still a State flag with the battle flag - you know the stars n' bars?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #291
I'm not sure if this falls under this topic or not but my youngest niece received a Nabi tablet for Xmas. I know. I know. Go to a tech forum, right? Well it's not about a malfunctioning device. It has come to my attention that the Nabi has an NSA icon. It's nonfunctional. Also, it can't be deleted because it doesn't even show up under the application manager, as it is not an app. Why would this be on a children's tablet? My paranoid sister thinks that it's for spying purposes but why would they advertise it, if that is so?

Reply #292
You should PM me this kind of stuff. :P

Reply #293
But you be man. Man who do work. Be busy.  :lol:
I figured it out and realized I asked a completely dumb question that Google could answer for me quickly. :facepalm: I should have started there. I blame it on not being fully awake.

Reply #294
Not enough info to go on but seems like a system app. No clue as to it's function but the NSA doesn't need an app for that.

Reply #295
I found it stands for Nabi Security Administration. Not what my sis initially thought. What a way to scare some paranoid people anyway.

No clue as to it's function but the NSA doesn't need an app for that.

Yea, I thought they could hack anything.

Reply #296
Google is god. And I quit listening to my sister years ago, things have been great! :D

Reply #297
 :lol: I might have to.

Reply #298
The New York Times continues its slide into becoming little more than a neocon propaganda sheet as it followed the Washington Post in publishing an op-ed advocating the unprovoked bombing of Iran

source

John Bolton, the neocon scholar from the American Enterprise Institute calls to bomb Iran while the New York Times’ star neocon columnist Thomas L. Friedman is floating the idea of the U.S. arming the Islamic State.

Reply #299
Friedman is no neocon. His job is to write a column every week, not to make sense, and he succeeds with the former.