Skip to main content
Topic: The Awesomesauce with Religion (Read 221573 times)

Re: The Awesomesauce with Religion

Reply #775
And Trump went to knee to the Pope.
All of them go.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #776
I didn't see any kneeling in front of the white coat man. If I met your boss I would be polite and shake hands and a smile then give him a framed picture of "King Billy."  :D
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #777
While the first lady and daughter play the ridiculous wearing a "mantilla", Pope Francis shows well his "joy" for receiving such creatures...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #778
How would the white coat man get on with me?!

Reply #780
W-h-a-t?! It should really be the other way round!  :yes:

Reply #782
What is it? A funeral?
Someone must have died. Trump is the only one smiling there...

Reply #783
A load of dated nonsense and especially for women having to wear black.

Reply #784
They were wearing black with a mantilla because someone told them about the White Privilege and obviously didn't explained them in what consists.

The White privilege - the right to wear white in front of the Pope at very special occasions, always with the Pope celebrating a Mass and not obviously being the case in a diplomatic visit such as the American President.

The privilege it's reserved for Catholic Princesses and Queens. Currently only seven have such right:
Princesa Charlene do Monaco
Rainha Letizia da Espanha
Rainha emérita Sofia da Espanha
Rainha Matilde da Bélgica
Rainha Paola da Bélgica
Grã-duquesa Maria Teresa do Luxemburgo
Princesa Marina de Nápoles

Therefore the Americans imagined they should go in black aspiring to play Catholic Nobility rules.
Does anyone imagines Angela Merkel wearing black with a mantilla for meeting the Pope? She wears the colour she wants (and the Vatican protocol allows).
A matter of attitude.

Reply #785
They were wearing black with a mantilla because someone told them about the White Privilege and obviously didn't explained them in what consists.
Women wearing a mantilla during a private audience with the pope is still part of the protocol, no matter if one chooses to obey or not the protocol.

Does anyone imagines Angela Merkel wearing black with a mantilla for meeting the Pope?
A combination of mantilla and trouser suit would look very strange. :lol:

Reply #786
I wonder if the pope was excited enough to meet me would he faint if i was in my best dark suit, bowler hat, white gloves  and regalia??  :cheers: (that's diet Irn bru by the way)

Reply #787
If the white hat man asks to meet me (lucky man he would be) then I might invite Belfrager so he doesn't feel out of the picture but I won't extend to him feeling out of place by not divulging handshakes or signs. 8)

Reply #788
If the white hat man asks to meet me (lucky man he would be) then I might invite Belfrager
You do that... so we can recreate a beautiful auto de fé...  :devil:

It's very simple, you deny your heresy and wou'll burn alive; you confess and you'll burn already dead.
I suppose that you'll have no doubts about what to do.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #789
I would shout "No Surrender" as my predecessors shouted when your lot tried to destroy us centuries ago! Your present boss may be a seeming reasonable bloke but there are one h of a list over history that were criminals, profligates, womanisers, kid producers, corrupters. Goodness when it it was nce alleged that a woman pretended to be a man then a priest and Pope she had a baby but was done in by a crowd! Recall seeing a programme on the Vatican and had a chair with a  hole in it so they could verify after that chortling time that the leader was a man!  :lol:

Reply #790
You must take your medecin rjhowie.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #791
"medecin"? duh....

Unfortunately poor man your religious corner is in a mess. Widespread corruption especially in the clergy. immorality amongst the clergy is your own faults because once priests were married then along came a Pope who stopped that in the 14th century was it. Then they were married to the church. Considering all the corrupt Popes a pointless and immoral act and it is still going on today. In some places like in the US there have been dioceses going bankrupt trying to deal with paying out. it is not a case of an odd unfortunate situation but a world wide thing going on for centuries but in modern times no longer an opportunity to be able to hid it or do damn nothing! it was a situation self-created and clergy should have been allowed to marry rather than get damn frustrated.

Now here is something you might not have known. Where clergy from the (Anglican) Church of England left when woman clergy and Bishops came in what did the Roman Catholic Church do? These clergy were allowed to keep their wives! How damn two-faced is that hypocrisy?  :down:

Reply #792
These clergy were allowed to keep their wives!
I like to see rjhowie asking for the intransigence of the Caholic Church Laws...  :)

Where such people married by the Catholic Church? course not, so they're not married. Anyway I'm not sure if they are considered Priests, meaning being authorized by the Church to give the Sacraments.

Now speaking about important things, Pope Fancis made significant changes about accelerating the process for declaring a marriage nullity.
Declaring a marriage nullity it's not the same as to nullify a marriage. Religious marriages can't ever be nullified.

By declaring it's nullity, it's meant that the marriage never happen because it didn't satisfied all the required conditions. An example would be a very young boy and girl that got married basically because the girl got pregnant, not because they were fully aware of the meaning, rights and duties or consequences of their religious marriage.

Those processes took decades to be concluded and were very difficult to achieve (except if your name is Caroline of Monaco :)  ). Now the all process it's much faster and agile.
I agree with Pope Francis in this matter (as in many others).
A matter of attitude.

Reply #793
I am afraid you are WRONG Belfrager on those Anglican clergymen. Several years ago on the ferry from Scotland to Northern Ireland I got into a good chat with an English clergyman over a cup of tea as I had noted he was wearing a dog collar. He was quite categorical that the Roman Catholic Church now had him as a priest in charge of a church as he was one of those  several who were miffed at female clergy then later Bishops. He also sat  with his wife! Can understand you being so far away would not be aware of such things but there you are.

Reply #794
an English clergyman over a cup of tea as I had noted he was wearing a dog collar. He was quite categorical that the Roman Catholic Church now had him as a priest in charge of a church as he was one of those  several who were miffed at female clergy then later Bishops. He also sat  with his wife!
You can never trust English clergyman or anyother Englishman.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #795
Well you better let old white cloak man and the Vatican know that as they agreed to it!

Reply #796
Of course, they are the little monkeys to do experiments...
Your little monkeys...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #797
Ah ha....body-swerving the actual truth poor man!.

on the first Saturday of July I will be up at the front of a parade in my city with 181 Orange  Orderlodges and 56 bands behind us to mark the Battle of the Boyne  so will give you a thought and pity you won't be there for me to wave my bowler hat at you and  a smile! There will be another 3 representing the east, west and central parts of my wee country so just think what you are missing boy.  :D

Reply #798
on the first Saturday of July I will be up at the front of a parade in my city with 181 Orange  Orderlodges and 56 bands behind us
Is that supposed to impress anyone? rats over rats.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #799
Whoohoo! I think that if you were here on holiday Belfrager and stood watching it you would enjoy the colour and music. When in my late teens and I worked in a city office HQ we had to be in on Saturdays from 9am to 12.30pm. It was before I was initiated into the Order and we used to skip out to watch the big Glasgow one. The city Grand Master would ride on a white horse in his chain of office and in a top hat! And you know what? The RC girls would come out too and enjoy it as well! :lol: