Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347738 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1650
Very limited parliamentary democracy
I don't know why you find it so hard to understand that we don't have a "parliamentary" system, having rejected such by that written and explicit document known as the Constitution of the United States… You've never understood the doctrine of Separation of Powers.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1651
But my reasons for not liking Clinton are more important to my country's future...
The White Supremacists, Neonazi's, the Klan, etc have always been in Trump's corner. Let's  face it, it might not amount to half, but there are quit a few "deplorables" for him. This is why to not vote Trump, not that in California it will make much of a difference - for the future. Nothing Hillary would do will be that awful. She'll raise taxes on the rich, which was quit successful during the terms of Bill in creating a budget surplus and economic growth. Oh the SCOTUS, as if Roe V Wade and same-sex marriage and other things bogeymen of the the Right will actually be overturned, breaking multiple precedents. There's nothing Hillary will do to jeopardize the future. I sincerely have no idea where you get this notion.

A presidency of Trump will help legitimize the fore-mentioned groups and I wouldn't be surprised to find some filling vacancies in high offices - if Trump knows who and what he's appointing. That's right. I fear the rise of the so-called Alt-Right under Trump, even if the man himself has nothing to do with it. Then there's the issues that he seems to know nothing of economic policy or economics in general, foreign policy*, the constitution... If you care about the future, Trump is not your man.

*the lunatic actually wants nuclear proliferation. Both Democrats and Republicans know what a bad idea this is.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1652
The White Supremacists, Neonazi's, the Klan, etc have always been in Trump's corner.
Yes, but aren't they actually doing a favor to you by appearing loud and clear supporting Trump "officially", the very moment Clinton faces some difficulties? no wonder Trump to run from them as the devil from the cross... :whistle:

Either they are very dumb or very smart.... probably the first option.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1653

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij8PH9nDT-o[/video]

Reply #1654
The White Supremacists, Neonazi's, the Klan, etc have always been in Trump's corner.
By "always" you must mean "since the Democrats lost the south to Richard Nixon"! :) What a short memory you have, Sang… Robert Byrd, anyone?
Nah! Reality is just a bugaboo used by conservatives scare progressives. History is merely a malleable collection of myths, to be shaped to fit the needs of our rulers.
Carry on, comrade!
进行 ...

Reply #1655
What a short memory you have, Sang... Robert Byrd, anyone?
What a short memory the GOP collectively has. Byrd himself renounced the Klan and nearly all the racist dixiecrats became Republicans so stop with your strawmen. But it isn't even about racism. It's about the prospect of literal fascists in government and all that it entails, not just the racism. You just don't get it. This about saving the free republic, and not becoming a at least a proto-fascist state under Trump (again, the he might not even do on purpose, but out of ignorance and incompetence.)
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #1656
Sang, you're okay with jettisoning separation of powers and insisting on a "living" constitution — you've argued for fascist government from the git-go! :) You just aren't (intellectually) honest enough to admit it…
进行 ...

Reply #1657
Talking about the supremacists, KKK and the other nutjobs is scratching at desperation midnight. They don't amount to a damn hill of beans so midnight try and refrain from dinging your stressed intelligence! This election is the worst you lot have had for years and neither is that outstanding. One a non-politician and not part of the inbuilt mob on the Hill and is where he is because the system is letting down so many people. The other although intelligent and very clever is a lying, scheming and dishonest. Maybe you folks have to wonder how you have got to a state where there has been so much dis-satisfaction from so many people on both candidates.

We don't know what will happen with a non-politician in the chair and the mess-ups have led to the possibility. The other is a woman who is confrontational in the world and will also be in a pickle with 2 Houses against her. You would find this hard to produce in a normal place. Do i laugh my head off not i damn well don't because I have 2 very good friends living in the South and West of the country but there are far too many Americans who have just been totally ignored by the political class leaders and many of the suffering are getting fed up with a machinery that fails so many of them. You need a massive change and a multi-party machinery with less impeiralism and more concern for internal failings that will I suspect get worse.

Safe $100
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1658
You'd better postpone the elections and redo the whole thing.
(Maybe it could be called a preventive impeachment.)

Reply #1659
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij8PH9nDT-o[/video]

Are American media this stupid? No need to answer, this is a rhetorical question. (Of course, this is a YouTube cherry pick, presumably they have their moments of lucidity not in this clip.)

Reply #1660
Of course, this is a YouTube cherry pick, presumably they have their moments of lucidity not in this clip.
In this one perhaps? ;)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at2iwcQNNlY[/video]

1.) Do you buy the plea that she didn't know that many of the emails were top secret since they weren't marked as such? ;)
Keep in mind that her private server became part of an unclassified system.
2.) What do you think was the reason for her to put up a private server? ;)

Reply #1661
1. I wouldn't hire her as a sysadmin.
2. Skirting FOIA, which I take a dim view of from a transparency standpoint. In that regard she's like most other politicians. Privacy for me, not the others. It's a demerit.

Reply #1663
Now that report on Clinton re the interview is  shocking and there was no need for her to go bananas as in her position she has answers to give. maybe jimbro you could voice an opinion on that addition on the forum p-lease? She is a control freak and it is no small wonder so many Americans do not trust her and it almost makes you wonder why she would be like a Joan of Arc against Trump.  Certainly Trump has no political experience as such but an opposition figure who many Americans with grey cells despise makes it all head shaking. It is on thing mawking him but when it is considered how she uses her political experience in a devious and often dishonest way what hope is there for the country with her?

Reply #1664
[…] what hope is there for the country with her?
The hope is that we'll become more "European"… :)
进行 ...

Reply #1665
Talking about the supremacists, KKK and the other nutjobs is scratching at desperation midnight.
Nope. Trump is the favorite of Storm Front and other sites favored those groups. It's not a stretch for one of the to ingratiate himself to Trump and find a position in his presidency at all.  You're still not understanding just horrible his presidency will be. Maybe The first 100 horrific days of a Trump presidency will help, fascists in government aside.

Reply #1666
you've argued for fascist government from the git-go!
Let me know when you want to stop making up crap :yes:

Reply #1667
The hope is that we'll become more "European"...  :)
You'll never will. No capacity.
Vote Trump, so we can laugh for a good, long, moment.
Poor Trump, if he's elected I can't imagine the ridiculous he will suffer all over the world. At the same level than the North Korean "adorable leader".

The problem is not Trump, but the Killary woman.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1668
You'll never will. No capacity.
Out-grew it in 1776. But since, say, 1910 we've been trying to regain it -- much to our detriment.
Let me know when you want to stop making up crap  :yes:
I know what you mean... That's why you shouldn't use words the meaning of which you don't know! :)
进行 ...

Reply #1670
Oh, sure, krake! Look on the bright side… :)
进行 ...

Reply #1672
You are still being rather silly midnight now stretching to fascists and daft stuff. How many do they have in office either, eh?? Going over the score or are you telling me that now the race is almost neck and neck that half the voters are fascist because they support Trump? Explain that as well. An awful lot of Americans are fed up with the Hill the corruption and that so many of them are going nowhere. We all know that trump has no political experience but the people you have had to put up with for ages make a nonsense out of it and although as I have said she is clever she is taken up with naked ambition and will come out with anything in desperation. Why isn't she miles ahead of Trump then? She is in with the establishment adopts one attitude with the corporates when sooking in with them in private speeches and con the people on platforms. I also forecast she will be a big danger to the world's safety and you might all be better buying steel helmets.

On a more wider political note the system stinks and is why so many people are sick to death of it and the bottom working class people haven't a hope in hell of getting anywhere. What passes for a political conference is a head-shaking nonsense. more like a bunch of brained children shouting and cheering waving daft cards. Makes people look like infantiles.  Even the "debates" between candidates was another head shaking groan. The same in these cross country travels. More about slagging and war cry stuff and not very mature or adult game shows. The country needs an adult and proper political enterprise. Many over there condemn Trump for political inexperience and can in principle understand that but Clinton is no Joan of Arc she is clever, dangerous and if elected be a negative in the country and a danger anywhere else. If this is all you can produce it is time you faced the truth that you DO have a political problem and an awful lot of people are sick to death at the hypocrisy.

Safe $100

Reply #1673
If this is all you can produce […]
I was a Cruz supporter from the git-go. I expect him to win in '20 — or '24 (… one of the advantages of being young!).

Sang just toes the party line, RJ. Trump is, to him, Hitler — because he's been told that repeatedly.
Is Trump ignorant, bombastic and thin-skinned? Yup! But he's the only other horse in the race…

BTW: How's your "wide democracy" going, given that an inferior court has all-but overturned the Brexit referendum? What do you see happening, since the Government has appealed?
进行 ...

Reply #1674
Why isn't she miles ahead of Trump then?
In fact, she might be. In early voting, she's trouncing Trump. There are indications the polls understated her level of support versus Trump. I said so earlier, with the pollsters missing a lot of younger voters and Latinos. You should have heard Trump complain that the early voting stations had to extend their hours to accommodate the lines of people waiting to vote and the people waiting turned out to be Democrats (and a surge of Latinos showing up to vote against Trump.) We'll know for sure on Tuesday night. but Clinton could win by larger margins than expected.
Sang just toes the party line, RJ. Trump is, to him, Hitler -- because he's been told that repeatedly.
Who are the Alt-Righters voting for? :confused: I remember now :yes: Trump. This is an objective fact, not some party line.