Skip to main content
Topic: Idiots in Office (Read 13753 times)

Re: Idiots in Office

Reply #25
I'm not in opposition to Tony Abbot, or even Vlad Putin… These are political leaders "beyond" my country.
But the "suppository of" used to refer to anything besides -as Tony did, in a public speech- anal insertion of medications strikes me as — Oh! Wait…*
The Vice President of the United States was asked to mediate a spelling bee. He was given cue cards, and —silly he!— followed them: The "real" experts told him that the plural of potato was potatoes… (He should have put a young person on the spot: Asked them if their teachers were liberals or conservatives!) He read what was on the card given him (by these teachers and scholars…), and has since been vilified: As a dunce!
You-all, who think you're smarter: Think again.

Did he just mis-speak? Do we nowadays burn at the stake someone who lisps?
What is it, with you Liberals? Are you after Mrs. Malaprop — as if she's our greatest danger? :)

Well, he's used to dealing with the liberal mind-set, the left-leaning cadre, the faux intellectuals — who'd like to control everything, that he sometimes gets flummoxed
Vote him out, if you will. But you'll likely get greater "idiots" in his place… (You've already ignored their idiocies for generations, so do your worst!)
———————————————————————
* Maybe -like a few posters, here stated- he's referring to the location of Liberal (or Progressive) brains… After all, if that's where brains reside then that's how they should be accessed… :)
(You'll forgive me, if I don't frig you, whoever you are.)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #26
Well I have already highlighted that Vice-President as it happens and as for the rest of us leaning towards being the same I disagree. Why President Bush wanted him is beyond comprehension. It wasn't just on spuds it was his whole demeanour and reactions to things and he illustrated every time he spoke on an issue he was an amateur in a professional area. It became as obvious as the nose on a face he was very much out of his depth and not of the calibre required for such an office.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #27
It became as obvious as the nose on a face he was very much out of his depth and not of the calibre required for such an office.
Nope! It was only "obvious" to the boobs who got their cues from the boob-tube… (Of course, you wouldn't know about that — Pravda was still a hard-copy publication, then. :) ) It's amazing, how many people who don't have a clue think their own estimations of the intelligence or qualifications or effectiveness of public figures are defensible — because other bobble-heads nod along with them!
进行 ...

Reply #28
Oak, you may be the only person I ever heard of who thought Dan Quayle had anything upstairs besides cobwebs. Even most conservatives at the time questioned GHWB's choice of running mate, as I recall.

Quayle seems to have had a history of somehow getting elected to offices he was unqualified for, then managing not to mess things up too bad so he could stay on. He might have been President if GHWB had died in office-- no other way of course, he couldn't have won election even if his opponent had been a coat-rack-- but it is a great blessing as it happens that GHWB served a full term so we didn't have to suffer "President Quayle".
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #30
The idiots are at it again. The Idiot Parade is shouting and swinging placards over the Ebola scare. This time it's about Obama's handling of the "crisis." Forget that nobody here has died; forget that our health resources are up to snuff for this type of disease; do remember that mid-term elections are coming.

Were the president a Republican, the Dems would be doing the same damned things.

Reply #31
To be fair, these things could spill over the borders.

Reply #32

The idiots are at it again. The Idiot Parade is shouting and swinging placards over the Ebola scare. This time it's about Obama's handling of the "crisis." Forget that nobody here has died; forget that our health resources are up to snuff for this type of disease; do remember that mid-term elections are coming.

Were the president a Republican, the Dems would be doing the same damned things.

Call me an idiot if you want but-- I've been watching what our professionals-- particularly at the CDC-- have been doing, and I think being scared might be the appropriate response. Curly, Larry and Moe couldn't do the job worse.

Look, this ebola thing is an epidemic in West Africa. If it's as hard to catch as Obama was saying in his message, how can that be? Then we have serious mis-steps going on here in Dallas, and -- if you wanted an epidemic to get started here, that would be a good way to do it. Don't train the first-responders so they have no idea what they're dealing with, allow people who have been possibly contaminated to travel at will, only get on top of the situation after the thing is nearly out of control and so on. By now, I don't blame anybody for going full-metal Katsung on this ebola scare. It looks like our health professionals are at the very least incompetent, if not criminally culpable.
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #33
here in Dallas, and -- if you wanted an epidemic to get started here, that would be a good way to do it. Don't train the first-responders so they have no idea what they're dealing with, allow people who have been possibly contaminated to travel at will

You see what had happen was, the wall with Mexico ain't working so they figured turning south Texas into a wasteland would curb the tide.

Reply #34

Look, this ebola thing is an epidemic in West Africa. If it's as hard to catch as Obama was saying in his message, how can that be? Then we have serious mis-steps going on here in Dallas, and -- if you wanted an epidemic to get started here, that would be a good way to do it.

1. This isn't West Africa.
2. It isn't a pandemic.

If Ebola gets out of hand here, I'll apologize profusely. What we're dealing with in the U.S. is a CNN All Day, Every Day media circus.

Reply #35
You want NEWS?

Here's news.
The South American Golaith birdeater...which doesn't eat birds...soon to be featured on CNN.

Reply #36
Why is it called bird eater? :right:

Reply #37
It's actually a "hand-eater".
In the local language "bird" sounds very like "hand".
Not many people know this.

Reply #39
TT, is there anything in Australia that doesn't want to kill you? Seems every time I read about it, I'm finding another animal or fish or bug that is out to get humans. A hand-eater bug-----.

Reply #40

TT, is there anything in Australia that doesn't want to kill you? Seems every time I read about it, I'm finding another animal or fish or bug that is out to get humans. A hand-eater bug-----.

We can't take credit for that spider which may or may not eat birds (it's in South America) but we do have a lot of creatures that believe mankind is a mistake and should be exterminated.
Lots of deadly snakes, lots of deadly spiders, lots of deadly sharks, lots of deadly jellyfish, some deadly octopods, and even deadly ticks.
Under my house there are numerous Funnel-web spiders, whose determined bite injects enough venom to kill fifteen big, strong men.
A neighbour was bitten twice a couple of days ago and survived. Apparently neither bite injected any venom. This is not uncommon. It is as if the bites were a warning.
It puzzles me what use to the spider is this incredible firepower. It is not that a spider can devour fifteen men at a sitting. It doesn't eat any small part of any human, dead or alive, or even suck its blood. Some small creatures (none of which the spider eats) are all but immune to its venom.
It is, as a famous royal personage once said, "a puzzlement".

Reply #41
(I'm deliberately ignoring you injunction!)
Siam that Siam…
Funnel-web spiders, whose determined bite injects enough venom to kill fifteen big, strong men

…had it occurred to you, that they weren't "determined"?!
进行 ...

Reply #45

It puzzles me what use to the spider is this incredible firepower. It is not that a spider can devour fifteen men at a sitting. It doesn't eat any small part of any human, dead or alive, or even suck its blood. Some small creatures (none of which the spider eats) are all but immune to its venom.

Different venoms affect different creatures in different ways. It's probably just enough to immobilize and liquefy the spider's favourite snack.

Reply #46
Maybe they used to snack on blue whales and were stranded in Australia when the blue whales were hunted to near extinction?

Reply #47
They probably eat salt water crocodiles.

Reply #48
Unlike dictatorships America is meant to be a democracy but getting a high poll rate is nigh impossible these day. Must be a more indepth reason? In the West we get increasingly cynical and that leads to indifference in political systems.
"Quit you like men:be strong"