Skip to main content
Topic: Idiots in Office (Read 13752 times)

Idiots in Office

Wherever you live there is an idiot occupying a government office. Share with us some of the stupid things he or she has said or done.

Re: Idiots in Office

Reply #1
The following are some of the daft things that the Vice President of the U.S. has said during his tenure in office.
=================================================================
"Folks, I can tell you I've known eight presidents, three of them intimately." --Joe Biden, Aug. 22, 2012

“Look at what they [Republicans] value, and look at their budget. And look what they're proposing. [Romney] said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks write their own rules -- unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains." --Joe Biden, speaking to a largely African-American audience in Danville, Va., Aug. 14, 2012

"My mother believed and my father believed that if I wanted to be president of the United States, I could be, I could be Vice President!" --Joe Biden, campaigning in Youngstown, Ohio, May 16, 2012

"I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you." --Joe Biden, citing Theodore Roosevelt's famous quote, "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." (April 26, 2012)

"This is a big fucking deal!" --Joe Biden, caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony, Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010

"His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul." --Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010

"I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. … When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway." --Joe Biden, providing handy tips to protect against the swine flu and freaking us out , "Today Show" interview, April 30, 2009

"An hour late, oh give me a f**king break." –Joe Biden, caught on a live mic speaking to a former Senate colleague after arriving on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C., March 13, 2009

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number? I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed." –Joe Biden, speaking to an aide standing out of view during an interview on CBS' "Early Show," in the midst of encouraging viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending, Feb. 25, 2009

"If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong." --Joe Biden, speaking to members of the House Democratic caucus who were gathered in Williamsburg, Va., for their annual retreat, Feb. 6, 2009

"Am I doing this again? For the senior staff? My memory is not as good as Chief Justice Roberts'." --Joe Biden, mocking Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts' botched effort to swear in Barack Obama as Biden was set to swear in White House senior staff one day after the Inauguration snafu, Washington, D.C., Jan. 21, 2009

"Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." –Joe Biden, mistakenly referring to Justice John Paul Stevens, who swore him in as vice president, Washington, D.C., Jan. 20, 2009

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008

"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008 

"Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me." --Joe Biden, speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008

"A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!" --Joe Biden, at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama after being announced as his running mate, Springfield, Ill., Aug. 23, 2008

Reply #2
well,

in the last Election , one of the President Candidate canceling Election .

when He know he will Lost in the election .

At the moment after they  officially count in   80-90% result .

then He Believe and insists to Believe  if the Whole election is Cheated  ... Structured , Sistematically and Massive

Reply #3
Can't remember his name but he was the Vice-President of the USA under Bush senior. On television he was visiting a school and mildly ticked a child off for spelling but when he wrote the word 'potato' up on the board it was misspelt. He never looked very bright and looked weird especially in the eyes.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #4

Can't remember his name but he was the Vice-President of the USA under Bush senior. On television he was visiting a school and mildly ticked a child off for spelling but when he wrote the word 'potato' up on the board it was misspelt. He never looked very bright and looked weird especially in the eyes.

Dan Quayle, God help us. Slightly more intelligent than a doorknob, it was a blessing that GHWB didn't die in office.

For some reason, presidential candidates seem to make a point of selecting the least possible qualified candidates to be their running mates. For those who want to see Barak Obama impeached--- try saying "President Biden" without choking.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #5
This one has no attribution but it's a minor gem.
Portugal is the only country in the world where a man’s mistress is uglier than his wife.

Reply #6
This thread wouldn't be complete without Mr. Noshirt.

Reply #8
 :devil: I wish! :devil:

And the man's approval ratings are at an all-time high, according to the Moscow Times.

Beats Obama's by a light year.

Reply #9
I see your Biden and raise you a Lübke :right:

Reply #10

For some reason, presidential candidates seem to make a point of selecting the least possible qualified candidates to be their running mates. For those who want to see Barak Obama impeached--- try saying "President Biden" without choking.

I think that just might be the reason why they do it :right:
Or maybe to keep that one clown where he can't do as much damage and under constant supervision.

Reply #11
You are going to be saddled with a woman next as the Republicans haven't a clue. She won't appear like that popular man from Russia of course.......

Reply #13

You are going to be saddled with a woman next as the Republicans haven't a clue. She won't appear like that popular man from Russia of course.......

You mean the naked man on the horse who fishes and throws opponents at the same time.

Reply #14
Black belt my ass. Honorary perhaps? That other guy is just taking one for the photo apparently. Putin's left hand should be on his opponents wrist, otherwise that doesn't work.

Reply #15
He is a real man jimbro and not in the same league as pansie politicians.

Reply #16
 :lol:

Reply #17

He is a real man jimbro and not in the same league as pansie politicians.

He plays to the Russian crowd, and they eat it up.
Ask his girlfriend.

If Cameron played Putin's games, you'd be the first to criticize him.

==============================================
Check this out.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2014/03/03/want-putins-attention-follow-his-money/

Reply #19
You lot over there in the would-be world dictatorship really are really jealous. President Putin has an 80% popularity rate for all your elementary and juvenile sniping. When did you last have someone with that rate? It is the same old ex-colonist trait based on the premise that if you cannot control a countr or it's leader, snipe or invade but this is one corner you will never succeed in so eat your heart out boys.  :P

Reply #20

When did you last have someone with that rate?

Back when the wall was still standing. You know, on the other side. These guys were really popular, always got approval ratings in the 90% range.

Reply #21
A matter of attitude.

Reply #22
That's the great thing about being a dictator. You can get the approval rating you want-- or else.

Now, I'm aware that Russia isn't a dictatorship these days. The old ways die hard though, and memories of what happened if you didn't enthusiastically support the powers-that-be are still strong enough to make sure numbers are high there.

Here--- taking pot-shots at the President is just what always happens, regardless of who is in the White House. If he can get a halfway decent "honeymoon" period right after election, he's accomplished something. After that, he takes the slings and arrows of the pundits, and his approval ratings plummet.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #23
I've waited a bit before mentioning Australia's Prime Minister Tony Abbott, because this is an interesting thread and nobody will match Mr. Abbott for idiocy and the thread will die. But here goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IaKVmkXuk

Feel free to watch any of the associated videos.