Skip to main content
Topic: Is there a police psychology problem?? (Read 112549 times)

Re: Is there a police psychology problem??

Reply #451
Jochie this is a routine play across the whole country over there. A lot of these so-called trained "police" would not be one in civilised countries. They think they are it and are the law. Wonderfully secure country with a wonderful city police? Nah. Too many never grew up from Hollywood and child watching films or the cowboys. And before some bright spark comes on to say there are decent police of course there are. Even in historical dictatorships there were decent people but the widespread and standard police action will no doubt be an effort to lower the cost of adding people to the 2.3 million in jails in the world's so-called greatest country!

When a senior ex-police officer in a big city tells us that there is a fundamental problem in the service that speaks volumes but is ignored.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #452
rj,
Its not just watching bang ups like cowboys and Indians. Its a whole culture raised on guns, playing violent video games. Its a culture that has become more crude, that is degenerating. Its one reason why by far we have the most LEO's per capita in the world. We have myriad police forces, Federal, state, local and special forces such as the Port Authority Police in NY/NJ and Bear Mountain Parkway police.

The NY Times just came out with a story of the latest murder by correction officers in NY. No one gave a damn because prison brutality is integral to American prison system.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/14/nyregion/clinton-correctional-facility-inmate-brutality.html

Kids used to be raised with social play - stickball, handball. Now the play is exercising finger and eyes on video games where social interaction is on how many Facebook friends you have.

Reply #453
Sadly what you say is so very true and that it effects such a large proportion of the population regarding guns, police violence, violent prisons (as well as such high inmate numbers) and very negative vies from the rest of the world. Makes me glad our police are not armed.

Reply #454
Police counts for nothing. What counts is the way regimens uses the police.
The world can watch everyday in video how American regimen uses the police.
The way police acts it's entire responsability of the regimen.
If not, there's no State.

Something that would not surprise me at all...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #455
Well the way too many American police act is a deep concern in the fabric of the country and when you get as I reminded a retired senior officer from a big city detracting the competence, intelligence and sense they have a big problem! Why some places put things on police cars like 'serve and protect' is almost laughable if wasn't so serious. Over there those in that uniform think they are "it" and traditionally have got away with it. Kind of slow drift into a form of Police State. :rolleyes:

Reply #456
I noted on a television news item involving the mental midget, oops meant a policeman that he still denies murder after shooting someone with 16 bullets. It certainly eases things in the mental hospitals that so many can get jobs as policemen. When I see a logo on a car saying "serve and protect", I give a long groan.

Reply #457

Kind of slow drift into a form of Police State. :rolleyes:
Since you mentioned that -

Law enforcement through civil forfeitures took more stuff from people than burglars did last year. Civil forfeiture lets police seize and keep cash and property from people who are never convicted or not even charged with wrongdoing.

Imagine that. The police taking more money from the American public than burglars and not even having to justify it by charging the individual with a crime and or a judicial trial.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/23/cops-took-more-stuff-from-people-than-burglars-did-last-year/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/10/report-in-lean-times-police-start-taking-a-lot-more-stuff-from-people/

Reply #458

The way police acts it's entire responsability of the regimen.
If not, there's no State.

Something that would not surprise me at all...

Who needs the 'State' in a real democracy. Free markets and the survival of the fittest can take care of everything. :)

Reply #459

Imagine that. The police taking more money from the American public than burglars and not even having to justify it by charging the individual with a crime and or a judicial trial.

You have to see it as a positive development.
After all it's an ingenious way to make out of the police a lucrative biz.
Next step would be privatization. Imagine the bull market because of police departament shares traded at the NYSE. ;)

Reply #460
None of this sidestepping removes the hard and sad fact that so much of the police behaviour has been a long time built-in attitude. And yes, yes, of course there are decent police but the hard truth is that right across the country time after time the aggrandisement of too many are ridiculous. As I also pointed out the standards of many city police forces are over the top and that senior retired one who said that many should not have been enrolled emphasises that inbuilt problem. Far too many think that they can get away with anything because that is what has happened for a century and more - so thanks for mobile phone cameras. Getting carried away with a uniform is rather juvenile and says too much about intelligence and common sense. They think they are "it."

Reply #461
Getting carried away with a uniform is rather juvenile and says too much about intelligence and common sense. They think they are "it."
Says the man who likes to wear a sash… :) (Are you hoping to qualify for the Miss America contest? Even now that Trump doesn't control it, your chances are slim, boy-o!)

You focus your attention upon the U.S. and ignore local (and your nation's) deficiencies — and sanctioned (…until exposed caught…) malfeasance and politically-correct abetting: What kind of fool are you?
One whose perversity knows few bounds, only borders: The mote in our eye is more important to you than the beam in yours…
While I'll grant that ours is actually more than a mote…your beam is from long ago firmly lodged, and your view would best be directed to the nearest mirror, RJ.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #462
Scotland doesn't have any problems. It does have Salmond, but....

Reply #463
And then there is this, although it has nothing to do with police problems.

Reply #464
Oakdale there are times I give a long sigh. You just simply ignore the stark very sad and disgusting turht and that is you DO have a police problem. You must rank well up the list of countries where the police think they are it. Every month there are head shaking police attitudes that stink to high heaven. Even in routine things  that a place where regular police do not carry guns they can handle using the head or if need be a truncheon or spray. But in the ex-colonies? Nah that is too tame as they think they are it. The general record of your police over there even allowing for those that are normal and not subtly nutjobs in a uniform is mentally short. They would not get the job in other countries. It is unfortunately too inherent in the system. Shooting someone 16 times or chasing a car owner across a park for a motoring offence and because he doesn't stop gives the right for repeated shots in the back??

It is bad enough that there is a a built-in arrogance in so many police departments and the legal system is a joke too. Some 2.3 million in jails?? Many sentences are ridiculous and a raft of ways of executing (don't agree with the death penalty). Although i can respect the decent ex-colonists your country I am afraid looks something else to the world even if you sneer or ignore such.

Reply #465
You just simply ignore the stark very sad and disgusting truth [multiple typos corrected, free of charge…] and that is you DO have a police problem.
Every modern country has "a police problem," RJ. You just happen to ignore those nearer to you.
Your animosity towards the U.S. is — unexplained, by you. (You, sort-of, explained your animosity towards Israel…) I've asked you, and you've refused to explain yourself…

Police power is an awesome responsibility. In some places, it is simply shirked — for one reason or another. In most places, it is abused — more often than not.
You have a problem with guns… Sobeit! You also seem to think most men should be "aunties"… Do you really think that's the world you live in? :)
Scotland's crime rate (and victimized innocents) would argue otherwise. But, you spend your time and effort railing against the U.S.…? :) Well, that's the sort of fellow you are!
—————————————————————————————
and a raft of ways of executing (don't agree with the death penalty)
We specifically out-lawed "cruel and unusual" punishment, partly because of your ancestors' beheadings and "draw and quartering" quaint methods of keeping the peace.
进行 ...

Reply #466
Are you ever sober Oakdale or do you forget easily? There is no way any of our countries is anything like yours in violence, police rampages, beatings, killings, etc.

We here have nothing at all like your so-called defenders and protectors in uniform and fine you damn know it. What you do is show up your fellow countrymen when you raise some issue here which is not a nationwide thing or anything like the level in the USA. This is not a very intellectual way of dealing with anything when the level of violence, guns, gung ho police puts America away out in front over just about every other place in the world. Some 13,000 shooting a year, regular police the truth. You are away in front of the world in violence especially gun nutters and include police nutters in that  and don't forget the 2.3 million in jails. Even Europe with a bigger population does not have the amount of police violence and gunning down you have and I have to over a long time had to repeat the damnable record your country has.

The way your cowboys in police uniform go about things has no-one comparable to you and you live in cloud cuckoo land yourself. You cannot really answer the charges about unarmed people getting shot every week and so many who are unarmed civilians.The longer our regular police do not need to carry arms the better because you're lot have itchy fingers but there again in generality they are less endowed over there in grey cells and emotional nutjobs. Do try and face the damn facts instead of scraping around on odd incidents because you DO have a police violence problem. Once more your nation is way out in front but in a negative way. Your usual stuff is to try and avoid what even a child could answer.  Oh, maybe the 2 million plus in jail are there because there is a housing shortage?     Grow up and face the truth.

Reply #467
RJ, you don't find it worth commenting upon — that your police (…certainly, closer to you than ours!) allowed, for 20 years, rapes of "native" English; because political-correctness wouldn't allow "brown" or "Paki" perps to be charged…for fear of being accused of "racism"?
Of course not!

You get your jollies from criticizing others. Your own failings, short-comings and faults — these you ignore. (Since you know you can do nothing about them, that's a wise choice: Being ineffectual is your lot; and venting your spleen is your wont.) Why won't you discuss the atrocious failure of the "police culture" in Rotherham…?
Is it because you agree with the rapists? Or the constables? Or the politicians??
Or because you prefer to rail against others, far away, whom you do not understand…? (You do understand both the rapists and the cops who looked the other way, don't you? :( That's why you talk unceasingly about other things…) You do understand, and are too ashamed to say you are ashamed…
Such a small man you are, RJ.

Indeed, there are too many police shootings here. And a small number of them are egregious. In a population of over 300 million, that's going to happen…
Aren't your mates still Paki-bashing? Or has the tide turned, and now the Pakis are bashing you?
You were always a violent lot; but your English masters took your guns… (And your religion!) So, you've gotten used to second-class citizenship. You're just rankled subjects, now.
…Seeking other outlets for your violent impulses, ones that don't involve actual peril or combat! :) Like criticizing others (your betters!)…
进行 ...

Reply #468
Surely they can describe perps as they are. Maybe not say words like 'paki' but I'm sure they can use descriptors, such as skin tone. But there's a chance I might be wrong, considering I'm also staring at mostly empty bottle of Bacardi.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #469
Yes, RJ, there is a police psychology "problem": We've lost track of what "law and order" means…

Here in the U.S., suspects are shot to death all too often. In your neck of the woods, young girls are raped — with the convenience of your police forces and political masters.
I have to assume you appreciate and applaud such, since you've never said anything against it…
(That's -of course- unfair: You don't condone such; you're just too preoccupied with your prejudices to pay attention to anything that happens nearby…)
But I won't: You're just a silly old man who doesn't care about anything important.
进行 ...

Reply #470
This is a problem of barbarianism. Barbarians have their "police" acting accordly. Simple as that.
I don't undesrtand why people are surprised with such simple facts of life.

The real and only problem is why such savagery is tolerated amongst developed Nations. Yes, I know, they have the weapons (military, Jewish financial, internet, space...) and menaces all us, so we have to treat them as one of ours...

Like Attila and the such, the method doesn't change at all...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #471
Oakdale, you are STILL doing what I have directly accused you of doing which does you no help at all. That is you think that the recent situation that happened in a town in England is the same as the disastrous and NATIONAL thing that passes for police in America. If every city across Great Britain was in the same boat you could have something but we don't. Clutching at straws while admitting you have a problem is ridiculous and does not reflect on your grey cells. We have nothing that compares nationally with you on the matter in hand and a part admittance then  getting the straws out is not helping you one little bit. In modern countries you have probably one of the worst police situations there are and way ahead of everyone. Your legal system is something else and there is also a built-n revenge when one looks at some of the court decisions made contributing to 2.3 million jailed! Maybe the place is so damn dangerous it doesn't matter that so many police forces there are full of mentally deficient shooters. In civilised countries they would NEVER get a job.

Reply #472
That is you think that the recent situation that happened in a town in England is the same as the disastrous and NATIONAL thing that passes for police in America
No, RJ: I think that what allowed that to happen is the NATIONAL mindset of your "country"…
If every city across Great Britain was in the same boat you could have something but we don't.
You don't look. Indeed, your coppers are told not to.
But you don't care…
In modern countries you have probably one of the worst police situations there are and way ahead of everyone.
I suppose you're still relying upon the BBC and Russian television…
"Modern countries"? Scotland isn't one. Perhaps you think Russia is. Maybe Saudi Arabia… Certainly not Israel!

When "policemen" facilitate the rape of young girls, you say — meh. (I assume you have no daughters; if you are a man of any sort, I'll also assume you have no sons — else, you'd have taught them better…) Why?
I'd guess, you don't care. You only want to rail against the U.S. and Israel…

You know what you are. (I don't need to say it; everyone else does, too.) Sorry, RJ, but you've crossed a line…
进行 ...

Reply #473
There is utterly no comparison between those Islamist sex gangs and the history of police inthe US of A. There is no country as bad as you for police stupidity, violence, corruption and mental midget minds. All you do is try and grab any much smaller item to try and equal that which is not satire it is making you look completely stupid. Do our police across the nation go on shooting rampages? No they do not because they are unarmed and even with the special unit that can be called out the results are absolutely nothing like the rampage of your police forces all over the country in cities. So there is utterly no national comparison at all and you would have been better just skipping answering because all you are doing is showing I am correct. There is no comparsion at straw clutching. City police forces in your place are part of the juvenile cowboy atitude on the gun mad country.

The police over there are dangerous and many are just as bad as the crims but they have tended to get away with it as Americans have a great almost emotional kindergarten love of uniforms traditionally and that gets you an open door. Groups of police repeatedly beating an individual up, shooting the unarmed not just once but repeatedly so there is no national comparison and any of the occasional times an armed squad comes out  as very high powered investigation applies. Indeed the number of murders here is roughly around 550 and if you did a comparison that is very low even in proportion terms so note that nutjobland man! The hard fact that you have city police in second hand military vehicles from the Pentagon and so on shows you have a very nasty violent country so how come another progressive country has unarmed police and you cannot do that? Grow up sonny.

ps. Don't forget the numbers in jails that you always ignore which is another bad  showing.

Reply #474
There is no country as bad as you for police stupidity, violence, corruption and mental midget minds.
As usual, you don't know what you're talking about…

Of course, your crime rate is higher: You don't incarcerate — much anymore. Your Police protect "themselves" (…that is, their careers - based upon PC criterion), and the citizens be damned. (But you never were citizens: You've always been subjects… Your choice, mate. You're welcome to it; but most of us here in the U.S. wouldn't abide…*)
——————————————————————————————————————————
* Here's an explanation you might understand: http://thedavebowmanshow.com/2016/01/08/free-speech-earns-a-300-fine/
It's a pod-cast by a fellow who was on my local radio for eight years… You can learn about him, if you want.

Do you -can you- understand what he is saying? Do you even care?
进行 ...