Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347518 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1275
…I especially liked all the asterisks! :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1276
…loved all those asterisks in the "report" on Clinton's plan! :) (They focused upon it in March.) Here's their (the same outfit, different people) "report" on Trump's plan, from 2015…
BTW, Sang: Haven't you mostly dis-agreed with reports from the Bookings Institute, previous to this election cycle? :)
进行 ...

Reply #1277
It's been over 260 days since Hillary has had an unmoderated Press Conference, taking unscripted questions from the Press?

Why? 
What medical conditions might she be hiding from the public? 

Is she fit to be President ...... how can she handle a legitimate international crisis if she can't even hold a simple, unscripted, press conference during a hotly contested presidential campaign??

What about the 24/7 stresses of the Presidency? .... arguably one of the most stress filled occupations on earth! :sherlock: 

So again, I ask .......why?

I think these are legitimate questions that need legitimate answers ..... don't you? ..... Anybody .....

'Coony? 

You have a clue? .... she's your girl....wassssup with her? ..... does she have brain damage from that clot & concussion after her fall a while back,  or is she being treated for epilepsy, stroke ........... or worse??

It's well documented .... she seems to freak when she's confronted by questions from more than 2 people at a time ..... shrieks ..... super sensitive to adversity  .... uncalled for angry outbursts with staff ....  makes bizarre faces ..... displays various tics & exaggerated tic like gestures .... barking .... what on earth is really wrong with her??

Honestly, is she really fit enough to be our military's Commander in Chief? 

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqbDBRWb63s[/VIDEO]
     In times of universal deceit, telling the honest truth is a revolutionary act.

Reply #1278
Oh please. :rolleyes: Yeah, some rightwingers have been trying to flip the script that she's the crazy one despite their boy displaying mental health issues on daily basis.  This accusation is nearly a sign of mental illness in and of itself.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1279
This accusation is nearly a sign of mental illness in and of itself.
Physician, heal thyself! :)
进行 ...

Reply #1280
This accusation is nearly a sign of mental illness in and of itself.
Just a lack of elegance at the political combat not allowed elsewhere in the world but in the USA.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1281
What medical conditions might she be hiding from the public?
If even you can figure it out, then she's not really hiding. And Trump, he's definitely not hiding. But yeah, you never have anything to say about Trump, because *you* are hiding.

God have mercy on America and on her unfortunate inmates.

Reply #1282
His latest pivot may be too late, but it certainly hit the right notes by presenting his populist themes — unwise trade deals, defense cuts, inner-city violence, attacks against police, illegal immigration, the war on coal, big-government regulations, and boutique environmentalism — as symptomatic of elite neglect not just of the white working class but of minorities as well, upon whom liberal policy falls most heavily. By curbing his personal invective and focusing on Obama’s incompetence and Clinton’s corruption, Trump may succeed in allowing 4 or 5 percent of the missing Republicans and independents to return and vote for him without incurring social disdain.
(source - you can look it up, if you want; I'm tired!)
How will Hillary counter this?
进行 ...

Reply #1283
That's the old Republican rule book to get the party out of the shrinking elderly white suburban male ghetto demographic.

Done deftly it can be a winning strategy. Depict the other party as the establishment, find the grievances of the target demographics that could conceivably play well with your current base, and amplify their fear and anger. That works pretty well everywhere, and in the US for both parties whether or not the party's policy is actually to the benefit of the target group. A complication is that in US elections only a few voters in a few states matter, the rest will do as they're told.

Recent immigrants is a good group. They generally feel threatened by the newest immigrants. "Boutique environmentalism" is nonsense, it would be a repeat of the Republican party as the anti-gay party. It gave the party a boost a decade ago, now it is a millstone.

The energy boom and bust led to a good number being hired and then fired. Being fired is good for aggrievances, However, the number is pretty small, that a few of these are in swing states notwithstanding. Worse, these are the ones likely to vote Republican anyway. These are industries that make a few people very rich (and willing to lobby, so good for income), but don't affect many people. In an increasingly urban USA that makes as much sense as being the party of textile factory workers.

In any case Trump doesn't follow this Republican-sanctioned rule book.

Reply #1284
. A complication is that in US elections only a few voters in a few states matter, the rest will do as they're told.
That might not be an issue this time around. Because of the poor quality of the GOP candidate, once solid GOP states are suddenly in play That includes South Carolina of all places.
If even you can figure it out, then she's not really hiding. And Trump, he's definitely not hiding. But yeah, you never have anything to say about Trump, because *you* are hiding.
The "birthers" have morphed in the "healthers."  This is a strategy that work ever so well against Obama and certainly didn't make the subscribers to the conspiracy theory look like a bunch of nutcases.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #1285
How will Hillary counter this?
Trump and his "pivots." Hillary won't need to counter it because every time he tries to "pivot", he goes right back his same old self.

Reply #1286
[glow=black,2,300]Latest Emails [/glow](newly discovered....as of 3 days ago) [glow=black,2,300]reveal how choice Clinton Foundation donors got easy access to Hillary Clinton & her close aides at the State Dept.[/glow]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPAViB9kDao[/VIDEO]

:insane:    :insane: Word is the Clinton Campaign is sweating bullets over this latest new FBI discovery.  :insane:    :insane:

[glow=green,2,300]Seems Hillary's chickens are coming home to roost...
....by the truckload!
[/glow] 

[glow=green,2,300]She just can't get away from those lies about the emails now can she![/glow]

Reply #1287
Oh no! Emails!  Funny how that video says no such thing. Hillary's chickens are coming home to roost? Have you seen the electoral vote yet? 272 probable electoral votes for Clinton and most likely at least Florida and Ohio will swing her way. There's fair chance Nevada will too. She won't actually need those three states given the high probability that  the states polling with Clinton remain her camp. It just keeps getting worse for Trump, never better. He's toast regardless of how many scandals the desperate GOP invents.

Reply #1288
Well I* do think Clinton is a liar and she was a hawk dealing with international matters. That area will be worse 9f she wins but I am convinced she will make no damn difference tot the tens of millions suffering in the country.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1289

....Hillary's chickens are coming home to roost?.....

Julian Assange pretty much says in his exclusive interview with FOX News, & reported by Time .... stay tuned, you ain't seen nothin' yet ..... regarding his future planned "Significant" releases involving Hillary Clinton, & her campaign to become President of the United States. 

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPLVxlTbijQ[/VIDEO]

Assange has very little regard for Republicans.......has no use whatsoever for Trump.......but he can't stand the demonrat party, & for whatever reason yet unknown by me, he flat out detests Hillary Clinton! 

I see great things to come from this despicable lad, &[glow=blue,2,300] I only hope he hits one out of the park! [/glow]

Reply #1290
I only hope he hits one out of the park!
That's the problem isn't it? Too many GOPers have been trying to bank on some scandal to bring down Clinton when Trump has his own scandals, such Trump "University" which is know being sued for fraud by the students. But the Democrats don't have to scandal monger Trump, because the delusional guy is still his own worse enemy.

For instance just today he tweeted:

Quote from: Trump via Twitter
Dwyane Wade's cousin was just shot and killed walking her baby in Chicago. Just what I have been saying. African-Americans will VOTE TRUMP!
NBA basketball star Dwyane Wade's cousin gets murdered and the first thing Trump has to say is a delusion that African-Americans will vote suddenly vote for him because of the tragedy. Seriously, WTF is wrong with this guy? One incident like this after another is why Trump is losing badly. It shows that he's delusional, has a lack of empathy (sociopathic?), at best shows a serious lack of judgment.

Reply #1291
What has been a surprise is some of the information coming back here in special programmes. When Channel 4 sent a well known member over there to see about Trump amongst ordinary people it was very surprising. Places where people had lost industry to overseas and so-on. He had got a response from people fed up with the way Washington is run and Clinton will not do much to improve things. When you see long working class Democrats saying they are voting for Trump and not impressed with Clinton it is an eye opener. I dare say that the lack of political experience of Trump will be a challenge for him although he is touching numbers of people unexpectedly and the other candidate, Clinton has a number of people who are not convinced or like her. She is far more involved with the corporate money people too. The reaction of those working class people when interviewed in a bar, cafe or wherever I think also surprised the interviewer and the election may be one of the lesser quality ones for the country - and a bit brutal. When you get a woman who has voted all her life for the Democrats and is now voting Republican it is thought provoking.

Reply #1292
The fact is both parties failed the working and middle classes and will likely continue to do so, but they aren't being fooled by Trump into supporting him. Trump is managing to fare even worse among the white working class than Romney did . He does draw large crowds, which creates good optics of support levels; but it's smoke and mirrors and the support numbers disagree. BTW, over here the myth of Trump's supposed working class support has been told time and time again - just like the childhood myths of Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.

In a nutshell, Trump's economic policy is outdated mercantilist protectionism combined with tax cuts mostly for the rich. This won't help the working class any more Hillary's policies; and if economists are right (again, this is pretty much all of them regardless of politics, Oakdale) Trump's policies stand a good chance of causing recession which will hurt all classes except maybe the One-Precenters.

Reply #1293
Sang, you always cherry-pick your data and your sources… Come November 8th, we'll have an election; I know you'd rather just go by the "opinion" polls — but life is sometimes tough. (It could be worse for you: Mrs. Clinton could win… But you're too stupid to know that.)
If there's anything that might make you appreciate the need for American Constitutional government, it would be a Trump presidency! :)

Then, again, you're college educated… Learning is something you've learned not to do.
进行 ...

Reply #1294

[glow=green,2,300]Clinton: 'I am sure' that there are no damaging emails[/glow]

Source:    Politico   
Hillary Clinton forcefully and unequivocally rejected on Friday the prospect that her presidential campaign could be derailed by any new emails or scandals related to the Clinton Foundation.

"Are you certain that there are no emails or foundation ties to foreign entities that will be revealed that could perhaps permanently impact your presidential prospects?" co-host Mika Brzezinski asked Clinton during a telephone interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"Mika, I am sure, and I am sure because I have a very strong foundation of understanding about the foundation—not to have a play on words—that the kind of work the foundation has done which attracted donors from around the world is work that went right into providing services to people,"Clinton replied.

Clinton reiterated that neither she, nor Bill Clinton, nor Chelsea Clinton have "taken a penny" for the work of the foundation.

"My work as secretary of state was not influenced by outside sources............continued

Reply #1295
Amazing, one can positively see the echo in the chamber.

Reply #1296
Clinton would make no damn different to the present actual economic problems in the country nor the vast numbers of poor and homeless because she is part of the corporate world and her income well shows that one. Your forthcoming election is one of the more iffy ones for a long time I would add. A routine non-political eccentric and a scheming and lying woman. She has operated improperly and there were things in her term as that Secretary that cannot be boasted about. It will not be a pleasant course between the two and there are a lot of people I think with mixed views on her as a long term politician. So when people try to make her normal in the war with Trump they are  fooling the people and we have to guess what Trump would be like she will be a disaster and a global hawk of the most infantile kind. Feel concerned and sad the state the election is in.

Reply #1297
If everyone is entitled to choose his own way, let the Americans do it.
Trump or Hillary it's indifferent. It only affects the American distribution of jobs and power, all the rest remains the same.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1298
FBI says foreign hackers penetrated state election systems

The FBI bulletin listed eight separate IP addresses that were the sources of the two attacks and suggested that the attacks may have been linked, noting that one of the IP addresses was used in both intrusions. The bulletin implied that the bureau was looking for any signs that the attacks may have attempted to target even more than the two states. “The FBI is requesting that states contact their Board of Elections and determine if any similar activity to their logs, both inbound and outbound, has been detected,” the alert reads. “Attempts should not be made to touch or ping the IP addresses directly.”

“This is a big deal,” said Rich Barger, chief intelligence officer for ThreatConnect, a cybersecurity firm, who reviewed the FBI alert at the request of Yahoo News. “Two state election boards have been popped, and data has been taken. This certainly should be concerning to the common American voter.”

Barger noted that one of the IP addresses listed in the FBI alert has surfaced before in Russian criminal underground hacker forums. He also said the method of attack on one of the state election systems — including the types of tools used by the hackers to scan for vulnerabilities and exploit them — appears to resemble methods used in other suspected Russian state-sponsored cyberattacks, including one just this month on the World Anti-Doping Agency.

As paranoid as it sounds, this isn't the first time Russians appear to have attempted to alter the election

Reply #1299
You are quite direct and definitely right Belfrager.

Russia? Dear oh dear Midnight Raccoon. I thouight you might be a sensible Yank but  by coming out with this utter propaganda stupidity that Russia is effecting the election! H aha, how really infantile and daft that is.  It is a mess in it's own right with who they have - Clinton and Trump! It will not make one heavenly damn who wins the joke that is a system in the country because all the people I have felt sorry for will still be there in their tens of damn millions.  The only principled man you had was Sanders and money barons killed that corner.