Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347646 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1251
how many donald trump IQ ?

he boast have 150++

Reply #1252
Nothing new will arrive, both clowns are the different faces of the same coin.
I wish you a local Trump.

I can live with Hillary, but Trump would make a move to Canada, the home of my ancestors, necessary. Have you heard that if Trump wins Canada is going to build a wall and make the US pay for it?

Reply #1253
How can a civilised nation have him as one the two supreme candidates??
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1254
We're not going back over it! If you weren't paying attention at the beginning it's your own fault. :mad:

[:love:]

Reply #1255
You are n infantile laugh. The problem is caused by the "system" you have and the idea of democracy is a word but not a very competent version. That a country in this day and age produces one candidate for the top job as stupid as Trump has a deep fault and lack of sense. The other one that mouthy Clinton woman is not of course like him but she is a liar. She lied to a Senate Committee that she did not send government emails via her own service and she did - piles of them. In addition she lied to them in saying only one device was used and it was at least two.

For a civilised country that can only produce those two is an inherent failing and many are only voting for Clinton not because they like her but simply because trump is a devastating clown who cannot give a proper speech. So don't come sniping at me for your own damn national failings. When Clinton mouth fishes her first term and I bet her second the 43 million poor stamp people will still be there the million a year going homeless, hundreds of pointless military bases across the globe, economic problems and so. Just because you might be frustrated or don't have the guts to face the obvious do try and grow up but there again with millions voting for a lying woman and millions voting for an idiot the place is a laughing stock; I didn't create it you lot of emotional political retards did!

There are large numbers of sensible people over there but stuck with an out of date process and political machine in which the big 2 are still going to continue to be corporate inclined and you are long overdue for a wider and more progressive thing than at present. What you folk need is a modern and more sophisticated revolution for more of the people not the select ones. Do feel okay to stick your stupidity where you like but don't hurt yourself! :hat:

Reply #1256
She lied to a Senate Committee that she did not send government emails via her own service and she did - piles of them.
No, she correctly noted that previous secretaries of state used a private server and denied sending classified information over it (and a tiny number of them turned out be classified.) But your real problem with Clinton is her gender (Miss Bossy Boots...)

Good thing you're not American or you'll one of those jackasses voting for Trump over Benghazi, emails or because of "Crooked Clinton" (despite Trump's long train of lies and Trump "University."
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1257
your real problem with Clinton is her gender [—]Miss Bossy Boots...
That may well be the case. But your problem is more pertinent: Anyone committed to the LGBT "crusade" is your candidate! :)
BTW: How many people died because of Trump's whatever…? :(
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1258
Just find a black Hispanic homosexual wealthless female and let her run for President. Nothing can go wrong.

Reply #1259
Old white guy. 70's style collar - 80's style keyboard... Cross necklace.

Nope. Seems pretty legit.

I find that kind of campaigning kind of endearing (though not really kind of kind), and who knows, maybe it's working? In any case a little zeitgeist captured and encapsulated for posterity.

Reply #1260
That may well be the case. But your problem is more pertinent: Anyone committed to the LGBT "crusade" is your candidate!
Really, you're trying to troll me on that? Let me know when you decide to stop being a jackass.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #1261
Sang, what is your reasoning behind supporting Mrs. Clinton then?
进行 ...

Reply #1262
Stick by what I said about Clinton and I have watched the news reports and the answers given by your security chums in the FBI, etc. None of those visual tv reports agree with your stance.

On Clinton I am sticking by what I said about her as President and she will make no damn difference when she is done once or twice. Indeed I strongly stand by what I said about the economy, unemployment, poverty/food stamp numbers, home losing is bordering on an entertainment farce on both sides. That people are voting for her with an effort because of Trump is not just something I have concocted it is another sad thing in reality - the lesser of two evils.

Reply #1263
Sang, what is your reasoning behind supporting Mrs. Clinton then?
Is there a case at all for supporting Trump at this point or even voting for him? He shows a complete lack of judgement at every turn. The man is so reckless he accused Obama of founding ISIS. It doesn't matter if he really meant it or not (although at first he insisted that he did, then said it was a joke. So what did he really mean?) What matter that he's reckless enough to say and do things like this repeatedly. In no way, shape or form is he presidential material.
Indeed I strongly stand by what I said about the economy, unemployment, poverty/food stamp numbers, home losing is bordering on an entertainment farce on both sides.
Economists are in agreement that if a President Trump did the things he promised to do, it will wreck the economy. What will that do to "economy, unemployment, poverty/food stamp numbers, home losing?"

Reply #1264
The man is so reckless he accused Obama of founding ISIS. It doesn't matter if he really meant it or not (although at first he insisted that he did, then said it was a joke. […])
So what did he really mean?
It's a hoot, hearing such criticism from you — one of the most inarticulate people I —sort-of— know! :)
Economists are in agreement that if a President Trump did the things he promised to do, it will wreck the economy.
Let me answer this one for RJ: "Economists"? Care to name any of them? (You can skip all those who didn't forecast the 2008 crash… Does that leave you any? :) )

As much as I dislike the guy, his stated tax policies would be beneficial… The tariffs thing would not, of course; trade wars seldom benefit anyone. (And we have so many tariffs already in place…) But some of the other things he's talked about are simply beyond the powers of the presidency, so I don't worry too much about them!

Had you considered answering my previous question? Or are you simply for Clinton because you're anti-Trump? (That seems to be what this election is becoming — hey: didn't I say that's what it would be, months ago? :) )

Sure wish Ted Cruz was the Republican nominee.
进行 ...

Reply #1265
Just find a black Hispanic homosexual wealthless female and let her run for President. Nothing can go wrong.
Yes and a wall around the president is much more cheaper than around Mexico.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1266
Midnight you are missing out my very obvious point that Clinton will make very little damn difference to the tens of millions who are suffering and that point is neatly passed over. I say that I could bet that when her first term is over the negatives will still be there and the bad side will continue until the next round of carnival party nonsense conventions.

Reply #1267
et me answer this one for RJ: "Economists"? Care to name any of them? (
Look it up yourself. His economic policies are disastrous and it's much harder to find one that doesn't say the main thing he'll accomplish is increasing the deficit.  This is bipartisan BTW. The American Enterprise Instutute charitably questions how his trade plan would "supercharge" growth.
As much as I dislike the guy, his stated tax policies would be beneficial...
Here they take the kid gloves off. "In the video above Donald Trump’s uninformed, economically illiterate, and childlike views on international trade and trade policy are contrasted with Milton Friedman’s informed, economically sophisticated and mature views on trade." What's interesting about this election is that in many ways we're getting past the Right vs Left, Democrat vs Republican bickering to note one candidate is a disaster. Many Republicans for Trump are for the "nominee." Note the word choice; they can't say they're for Trump. Maybe that's because for an informed person, being for Trump is pretty well inexcusable.

Reply #1268
I note that two of the three economists mentioned are dead… Funny, I don't remember you being a fan of Friedman before… But I'll agree with you and your economists about Trump's foreign trade and protectionist tariffs plan.
(Luckily, not much of that is within the power of a president.)

And I'd ask you to explain what Clinton's domestic plan (and tax increases) would do? :)
进行 ...

Reply #1269
it must be really embarrassing for the country the world seeing that one of the 2 hopefuls is a man like him? Terrible.

Reply #1270
I note that two of the three economists mentioned are dead...
I wasn't answering the question about the economists, rather showing that liberals and conservatives alike note that Trump's plan is a bad economic news. As far as a direct answer to the question goes, that answer is almost all of them.
And I'd ask you to explain what Clinton's domestic plan (and tax increases) would do?
Very little, as the Tax Policy Center tells us. Those this incomes below 300,000 USD will have little to no impact on their taxes. But what will tax increases on higher incomes do?
The actual effect of tax changes is an empirical question, and researchers have applied many methods to estimate the effect.16Examination of particular historical examples of tax reform, including shifts between the pre–and post–World War II periods, and the tax changes that occurred in 1981, 1986,2001, and 2003,suggests that taxes have little effect on growth. Simulation models suggest that deficit-financed tax cuts or tax cuts financed by cutting productive government spending are less effective at promoting long-term growth than tax cuts that are financed by cutting unproductive government spending (Auerbach and Slemrod 1997; Dennis et al. 2004; Desai and Goolsbee 2004; Gale and Potter 2002).
I know this runs counter to the GOP orthodoxy of Supply Side "Trickle Down" economics, but the tax rates in the US are below the point where lowering taxes further are the rich are going to have an positive impact. Further tax cuts to "1 percent" will only add to the deficit. Again, voting for Trump even on economic issues is indefensible. His tax plan would increase the deficit even as his mercantilist trade policies reduce GDP. "Economists"? Care to name any of them?" you ask? Pretty much all of them.

Reply #1271
I find that kind of campaigning kind of endearing (though not really kind of kind), and who knows, maybe it's working?
You just had to make me check out his channel. The cynical side of me was correct. People that resonates with are of a type. I doubt it carries much to outsiders.
('i' before 'e' except after 'c' annotations will not save me. :doh:)
In any case a little zeitgeist captured and encapsulated for posterity.
Only you could find the silver lining in that. :P

Reply #1272
it must be really embarrassing for the country the world seeing that one of the 2 hopefuls is a man like him?
I'm not even sure Trump would be the worst President ever. L.B.J? Nixon? Come on, the system can handle it. Despite what listening to some would suggest the government buildings weren't built of glass.

Reply #1273
yes, the system can handle it. Only the flies changes the shit remains the same.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1274
Unfortunately no matter which of the two are in the suffering legions will I am afraid not change.