Skip to main content
Topic: The Decline of Religion in Europe (Read 66572 times)

Re: The Decline of Religion in Europe

Reply #75

Sad. I don't tolerate lactose.

That means you've tried it!

My comment was meant as a clarification of yours, not an expression of surprise. :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #76

I'm from a Christian family and was a practicing Catholic for about 38 years. Baptized and confirmed. I had a rosary and a scapular! And went to Catholic schools for 11.5 years.

What happened then? a case of severe brain injury?
I've heard that it can be treated with a lot of rest and, very specially, not posting at all.
I hope you can recover soon. :)

I know several recovering catholics (there are thousands of them).  They treat it like one would an addiction--seems to work quite well--maybe they should start a 12 step program for these people.  :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #79
When I was young we had a Trade Union leader (mines thing it was) who was an active member of the Communist party. He derived from an Irish RC immigration tradition so maybe that side has a bigger problem. Happened when they dumped themselves on the groaning Yanks.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #80
These European ladies demonstrate the decline of religion in Europe. For shame ladies.

Reply #81
Happily, the Vikings are gone. The only way for them to get into Valhalla was to die with their swords in their hands. Oh, happy Denmark!

Reply #82
You would have thought so, but a school in Norway decided that a Viking school  is the way forward.

Norway starts school for Vikings

A Norwegian further education college is starting a programme for want-to-be Vikings where students will learn essential Viking crafts, such as sword forging, jewellery making, and roof thatching.

During the course at Seljord Folkehøgskule 150km west of Oslo, students -- many inspired by TV series such as ‘Game of Thrones’ -- will celebrate even celebrate the Norse rituals of the year, going so far as to make animal sacrifices during the winter feast.

“We see a large number of applicants who have applied for different reasons," the school's principal, Arve Husby, told Norwegian broadcaster NRK. "Some have become interested through TV series and others want to learn handicraft. We give a high quality education, and if TV series get people interested, we are happy,”

Public interest in all things Viking has increased in recent years due to TV dramas such as ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘Vikings’.

The school's leading Viking teacher is Jeppe Nordmann Garly, a Dane who describes himself as a "recreational Viking”, having spent much of his life trying to get as close as possible to the Viking experience.

Reply #83
The school's leading Viking teacher is Jeppe Nordmann Garly, a Dane who describes himself as a "recreational Viking”, having spent much of his life trying to get as close as possible to the Viking experience.

Oil it's a beautiful thing, even pays to get as close as possible to the Viking.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #84
So--- when do they launch the next Longboat raids against English monasteries? (That was a favorite pass-time of Vikings back in the day--- the monasteries had treasure, and the villages had women worth the bother of kidnapping.)

Just wondering--- how completely do these guys re-create the Viking legends, and how completely does the rest of the European world, at least, have to prepare for new Viking onslaughts?
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #85
how completely do these guys re-create the Viking legends

To the completeness of ridicule. I think they even go beyond.
and how completely does the rest of the European world, at least, have to prepare for new Viking onslaughts?

The rest of the European world is preparing for the German hordes, Vikings will have to wait.

Intelligently, Moors have attacked the rest of the rest of the European world, where they're causing great devastation and problems such as at the Country of the Francs and at the pre historic populations of Stonehenge.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #86
An American going on about the likings. when they have been acting the same way for decades. Brilliant!  :lol:

Reply #87
What's a "likings"?

Rj, if you ever have anything else to post beyond bashing the U.S. (the greatest nation in the world), say it. How about bashing Edinburgh, the home of your superiors. :)

Reply #88
Well "bashing the US" is so damn easy as hypocrisy is so built into your system even the people who use their grey cells have to put up with it as the general mindset is so easily brained by the media and control freak politicians. One day it might become what it claims falsely to be - democratic and right. For that to happen a financial meltdown re the debt and a second revolution but this time not by the money who led the first one and got what they wanted.

Reply #89
Well "bashing the US" is so damn easy as hypocrisy is so built into your system even the people who use their grey cells have to put up with it as the general mindset is so easily brained by the media and control freak politicians.

Mindset? Look in your internal mirror. Your mindset if frozen. There are 318.9 million people in the country. Do you really want to generalize about that many people. Which politicians are you in love with?

Reply #90
You are amongst those in the cumfy corner jimbro. The US bums the world about it's great principles and what it stands for all the time yet it's own internal history and practices completely nobble such baloney. You of course know this and because you passingly acknowledge the imperialism the internal stuff goes on year by year, day by day. You lot need a revolution and a proper system instead of the farce that continues to be there. It is so easy to be able to laugh at the double standards but for tens of millions of your poor comrades it is no laugh and principles don't effect them. It is laughable for the rest of the world but not for legions on the world's would-be greatest country ( :()

Reply #92
 :devil:

Reply #93
I defend that the Mass must be said in Latin.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #94
Sacrificing Christ on an alter whether in English, Portugese or Latin is still a no-no as I am, well a Prot if not aware! So do feel free Belfrager to keep it to yourself.  :D

Reply #95
Dominus vobiscum rjhowie.
now you answer
Et cum spiritu tuo...

Why the Latin Mass is so important? because being so much anti-protestant. :)
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQbqo020Axc[/video]

A matter of attitude.

Reply #96
I defend that the Mass must be said in Latin.

Absolutely. That way only a few will understand what's going on. Kind of like the White Brotherhood of Bulgaria.
I belong to a remotely similar movement here. We worship Donald Trump.

Reply #97
Well my important link with the past traditions is that I still in kilter with Luther, Knox and company! No Surrender!

I wonder where the Bulgarians got that idea jimbro and it was from maybe something well before that arch-clown Trump!

Reply #98
I wonder where the Bulgarians got that idea jimbro and it was from maybe something well before that arch-clown Trump!

Darned if I know where religious ideas come from...the imagination?

The Trump business is even stranger. Happily the turd will eventually flush, and our world will be better for it.

We have Trump, you have Salmond.

Reply #99
Hhm. You try was a bit deflated unfortunately jimbro as Salmond mouth  resigned from being a national Leader due to being beaten. However your feelings on Trump are perfectly justified and the stupidity of the man wanting to be involved in an important process ridiculous (if not disrespectful). He will of course get nowhere and I think that is a good thing of course as he is an insult to many who will be groaning at his damn nerve never mind his ignorance.