Skip to main content
Topic: Questions to the Administrator (Read 99401 times)

Re: Questions to the Administrator

Reply #176
Another question.

When I open the forum's home page I can see that I have unread posts at, for example, DnD Central. So, I open DnD Central to see the threads with new posts.
Imagine that I read just half of threads with new posts and return to home page. I have no more indication of new posts at threads inside DnD Central.

Shouldn't the warning of unread posts to maintain while all the unread posts are read?
Thank you.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #177
I don't think I can change that, but I think this way makes sense too. You looked at the board, so the board is no longer "new"; just some topics in it.

Reply #178
It doesn't make any sense. Even the old idiotic MyOpera was not like this.

But if you tell me , Frenzie, that it gives a lot of work to change, I accept, forget it.
You've done too much already.

I just posted because it could be just a matter of a simple setting to change, if it is not, let it be. :)
Thanks.

A matter of attitude.

Reply #179

It doesn't make any sense. Even the old idiotic MyOpera was not like this.

Maybe I misunderstand, but I don't think there is any difference. In D&D we, or at least I, came via bookmark straight into D&D. Here in DnD I come in 1 level up, equivalent to coming in at the level of Forums in My Opera. If I bookmarked DnD Central it would be the same as My Opera.

I thinks it's OK as it is otherwise we would always get an unopened post indication when we made a visit unless we peered at every single new post every time.

Reply #182
After reloading a page, the favicon changed from the cute green to the new blue one. Question: can one set the favicon being one or the other?

Reply #183
Question: can one set the favicon being one or the other?

Not really. You can designate a local file (favicon) using a program such as AM-DeadLink that would do it.
Maybe there are other ways via a script but I can't recall ever seeing one anywhere.
The start and end to every story is the same. But what comes in between you have yourself to blame.

Reply #184
Interestingly, on start of the browser - and if I BROWSE it - I enjoy the nicety of green:) I like it.

Reply #187
I have a question.
Is it possible to automatically ban posters, as josh for example, that occupies the entire space of my screen with their mambo jambo posts?
I don't use that option of something that we don't see other posts. Ah, Ignore.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #190
I would imagine that most of us here have rubbed up someone the wrong way at one time or other. I'm sure I'm doing it now.

But that's what we are, a bunch of individuals, each with lots of funny (odd) ideas, that argue with each other on one thread and agree with each other on another.

Give the guy a break folks, we need our resident Russian.

Or did I spell that wrong?

Reply #191
The need for moderators to intervene in trivial matters can be the start of a slide down a very slippery slope.

The strength of a human being is measured by his/her ability to adapt under trying circumstances, but
there is the [glow=black,2,300] IGNORE [/glow] for the weaker of the species.

Reply #193
What if to introduce a new board? Something about our community - regarding MyOpera, its legacy, and all the relevant stuff?

Reply #194
This topic seems to be doing alright without a dedicated board. ;)

Reply #195

The need for moderators to intervene in trivial matters can be the start of a slide down a very slippery slope.

The strength of a human being is measured by his/her ability to adapt under trying circumstances, but
there is the [glow=black,2,300] IGNORE [/glow] for the weaker of the species.

We just had an "incident" where I as a moderator considered having a private chat with a couple of people here. One the aforementioned Josh, the other-- one of the administrators here, who was behaving in that thread like a mischievous 7-year-old. They both needed to be sent to "time-out" chairs, in my never-to-be-humble opinion.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #196

This topic seems to be doing alright without a dedicated board. ;)
Apart from my ignoring it, I meant the emergence of more that 5 fairly specific topics like about MyOpera's legacy, features' alternatives (one certainly in existence and more to come) -- that's separately from 1) 'the Central', 2) the Forum feedback.
You know, I'm not being harsh on the insisting - making you do exactly that and right yesterday:) 1. It can wait no doubt!:) 2. It can be a "child-board" within, say, that same "Central" - why not!:)

Reply #197
Quote from: Josh

....I meant the emergence of more that 5 fairly specific topics like about MyOpera's legacy, features' alternatives (one certainly in existence and more to come) -- that's separately from 1) 'the Central', 2) the Forum feedback.
You know, I'm not being harsh on the insisting - making you do exactly that and right yesterday:) 1. It can wait no doubt!:) 2. It can be a "child-board" within, say, that same "Central" - why not!:)

Has anyone seen where they put the     [glow=black,2,300]Browsers & Technology[/glow]      Board???   :'(   :no:  

Somebody must have taken it, because it seems so, so hard to find??? :doh:  :sarcasm:   :faint:

Reply #198
Dear Administrator(s)

I have a request.
I would like to remain forever as a Senhor Member (Sr. Member) and never be "promoted" to an Hero Member.

We Don't Need Another Hero, says Tina Turner and I agree.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #199
Chew my dust boy.....chew my dust!!