Skip to main content
Topic: Is WWIII A Possibility? (Read 15549 times)

Re: Is WWIII A Possibility?

Reply #25

Whenever McCain and Palin come to mind, I pause for a couple of seconds and give thanks.

I'd sooner have Smileyfaze and Lex Luthor as President and Vice President.

Reply #26
I had no idea that Cthulhu was a Republican.

Reply #27
Dear Oh dear, jimbro. You really are frustrated wanting Smilefaze a terrorist supporter as Pres or Vice-Pres. Pity you hadn't picked a routine dumpling.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #28
Glad you mentioned the routine dumpling because it made me look for Scottish dumpling, where I found a recipe for clootie dumpling. My mother made it every winter, and it was one of my favorites.

If I had the steaming pans, I'd make it. Delicious.

Reply #29
Well if I was you get out that cumfy chair and try and find the needed utensils. Clooty dumpling is a fine old Scots tradition and as you rightfully say - delicious. My mother used to make it too and put in a bowl with some milk, hhhm. Go on let your memory of a fine lady and an equally fine stomach filler not bring just a sigh, lip smacking and a smile. Go for it boy!  :up:

Reply #30

Well if I was you get out that cumfy chair and try and find the needed utensils.

If you'll promise to get out of your comfy anti-US bias, I'll get out of my comfy chair. But I won't look for the pans here because they're simply not available in the configuration I'm interested in. It's an odd pan that a store here wouldn't sell two of in a year.

Reply #33
Oh I do not deny I have an anti-America bias (individuals are different!) but you need to get out of your own seething Russian bias. Unfortunately as a nation and what it continually does in the world causes so much problems contradicting what is supposed to stand for.always open for a swipe! As it happens I lead a very active life and don't sit at a keyboard as much as your goodself. So not being a cumfy chair fanatic I have nothing to be concerned about and I walk miles into the bargain. So bring the past back to life and do a dumpling.Make one and I will leave Yank land alone - for a week.......

Reply #34
Is it simply anit-Russia bias or cold-war grudges, Howie? Or maybe we're looking at what Putin's doing now and what he's done in the not so distant past. For the moment the WWIII scenario isn't a small rogue state, but what he does with those troops he keeps piling up at the Ukrainian border.

Reply #35

Oh I do not deny I have an anti-America bias (individuals are different!) but you need to get out of your own seething Russian bias.

I have nothing against Russia or Russians. Wherever did you get that idea?

Others are less kind to Russia's king, however.

Vladimir Putin has lost the plot over Ukraine, according to the German chancellor, Angela Merkel.

US reports said Merkel phoned Barack Obama on Sunday evening after speaking to the Russian president to press him to back down from his invasion of Ukraine and occupation of the Crimean peninsula.

"She was not sure he was in touch with reality, people briefed on the call said. 'In another world,' she said," the New York Times reported.

Reply #36
"She was not sure he was in touch with reality, people briefed on the call said. 'In another world,' she said," the New York Times reported.

She quickly denied saying that, and claimed that she merely said Putin had a different perspective on things. I interpret that as a half truth. If I were Obama, my instinctive reaction to that phone call would be something like "No shit, Angie!" I think we can safely assume the call was indeed about Putin. But regardless whether Merkel said that Putin "has a different perspective" or that Putin "has gone crazy", that obviously would've been followed by something along the lines of "and how shall we respond?"

Reply #37

She quickly denied saying that, ...

Apart from that  - since when, transcripts of confidential talks between foreign leaders and the White House get forwarded to US media?

Reply #38
You really are talking silly there Sanguinemoon. All that Putin has done in the past?? What "all." It has utterly no comparison with what the USA has been doing for decades and no similarity whatsoever. It is a Cold War fanatical nonsense going on by the media being fed lies by politicians.

Meanwhile to the mania jimbro has about Russia bashing (imagine such stuff coming from a land that almost exists for bashing others). President Putin is NOT a Communist so why a crown with a daft Bolshie symbol. Heavens you cannot even get satire right in your fanaticism. I noted that the US ambassador to the UN has publicly sated that many of the countries (espeically small ones) that voted against Russia were leaned  on in private. But there again being funded by the US it tells a story.

Reply #39
It wasn't that long ago. Maybe you suffer from Putinesia?

Reply #40
Oh it is your pal from Michigan that has such. You just absorb what convenient propaganda states. As for when it is well over 20 years now and just think of all the mayhem caused in the world by you know who in the West. I dare say the Dandy and Beano were a help to you as you grew up?

Reply #41
I think I'd like Sanguinemoon, but like everybody here, I don't know him.
Britain's oldest comic, The Dandy, is facing closure after 75 years.

Rj is ahead of the game, since he's under 75.

Jim is over 75 and not facing closure...he hopes. Sadly, one never knows. :insane:

Reply #42
No Sanguinemoon I don't suffer from that. Ehrm, I think jimbro does though and I only try to balance the situ more. Meanwhile I continue to lead an active life. Plenty of walking  (new walking boots!), speaking at meetings now and then and enjoying my hobbies. As we all get older we need to not give in to it but think younger than you are and always involved in what is a round us. I am planning to visit two foreign countries this year and still involved in leadership activity and so on.The grass doesn't grow under my feet and I am too fast for the weeds.

Reply #43
Congratulations on the new walking boots. Now you just need new reading material, something that isn't Russian propaganda.

Reply #44
Rj showing off new boots.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBqlfKtqTgc[/video]

Reply #45
 :up:

Reply #48
You are well and truly an easy man to fool Sanguinemoon. The Western propaganda has well and truly fooled you look others.  You refuse to see any change in Russia since the internal overthrow of the USSR.

Meanwhile for the less easily fooled there are possibilities for some dangerous stuff in the world. The situation on iran which is another Western nonsense or now Turkey playing stupid games with Syria and involving itself in that conflict. Throw in the matter of navies sailing about near red China too. However whether they would morph into WW3 is open of course. Interesting how the leader of the free world goes ballistic about Iran even though that country has time after time said it doesn't want the bomb the 61st State known as Israel is keeping mum about it's nuclear.