Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347762 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #325
This is -ostensibly- a thread about the 2016 U.S. presidential election? (If you disagree, please skip this post — and others I might make here.)
I'm a Republican -in the sense that I'm a conservative and I have not only a fondness for those who are now called Libertarians- but remember when Liberals agreed with me! The labels don't matter much to me.
I haven't changed much.

So the troglodytes have a clear target, I would support Cruz, Rubio or Walker. (I'd be wary of any of the others…) Do your darnedest! (Ye wee willie winkies! :) You -of course- know better how to run the world… You've done such a good job, before! :) ))

进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #326

Must say that both mjsmsprt40 and Oakdale are both neat redneck Republicans won the GB General election but then we have a wider democracy than over there. As I pointed out a short time ago anything outside of your limited political hegemony namely Rockwell, is leftist. Smal wonder the money barons keep you under control.

May I be the first to offer my congratulations to mjmsprt40 and Oakdale on the apparently new Coalition Gov't they have formed.

Also congrats on the new citizenship?

Many thanks to @Luxor for pointing out the new anthem for the new Coalition gov't  :beer: :

Now how do you like that? Without even running, Oakdale and I manage to get elected and form a government. What next? OK, assuming this to be true--- in fantasyland ANYTHING can be true--I suppose you could do worse than a Redneck government with us at the head of it.

Now back to the real world: Oakdale mentions some candidates in the Republican primary that he likes. Of those, one--Governor Walker-- just might get my primary vote because he's the one I know most about. Hey-- he's just North of the Cheddar Curtain, so there's been lots of information about him in the news here in Northern Illinois.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #327
I especially like Walker's "lack" of credentials, mjm! He doesn't even have a college degree… (Never mind, that he's been a county executive and two-term governor.) If he doesn't win the nomination this time around I have little doubt that he will in about 8 years hence.

I would have voted for Barry Goldwater in '64, had I been old enough.
进行 ...

Reply #328
That inenarrable thing called something that keeps on saying that he's very rich and made a reality show about firing people announced that he's running for president of the U.S.
I hope the Talibans catch him soon. That would be viral all over the the world, his beheading video on Youtube.

Ahh, Trump.

A matter of attitude.

Reply #329

That inenarrable thing called something that keeps on saying that he's very rich and made a reality show about firing people announced that he's running for president of the U.S.
I hope the Talibans catch him soon. That would be viral all over the the world, his beheading video on Youtube.

Ahh, Trump.

Somebody had to bring the comedy relief. Personally, I don't expect Trump to make it past the New Hampshire primaries. There are too many better candidates than him.
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #330
Now a multi-billionaire is throwing his hat into the ring on the Republican side re the circus that passes for a system. Well, I suppose that is fair enough as it is the big bucks people that run America not the people.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #331
Goodness, Rj, who doesn't love a billionaire?

I'd vote for the man in a heartbeat if he made it to the ballot...based on his photo alone.

=======================
For unknown reasons ex-politicians seem to do well after leaving office. For example, Tony Blair's father was a barrister, and Tony is reported to be worth £75m. He's good friends with billionaire Richard Branson. That might have helped.

For a relatively small island you folks have a nice collection of billionaires.

The number of billionaires living in the UK has risen to more than 100 for the first time, according to the 2014 Sunday Times Rich List. There are now 104 billionaires based in the UK with a combined wealth of more than £301bn, the list says.

That said, I once shook the hand of a billionaire, Mike Ilitch. I'm sure he mentions that handshake to all of his friends.
==========================
I'm not sure how billionaires run the U.S. Please explain that to me.

Reply #332
Now all we need is for Pat Robertson to announce his candidacy and we'll be all set. If he does, this election cycle will be fun to watch if nothing else.

Reply #333

Reply #334

Now a multi-billionaire is throwing his hat into the ring on the Republican side re the circus that passes for a system. Well, I suppose that is fair enough as it is the big bucks people that run America not the people.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Says the Scot who's Head of Gov't is a posh Etonian tw*t with money made from back in the days of Empire-profiteering.

Irony......thy name is RJHowie.  :rolleyes:

Reply #335
Don't you mean "Irny"?

Reply #336
I refuse to get involved in this name-calling fest, you swinish Nazi morons!

What does all of this stuff have to do with the 2016 election? Have we gotten off topic again?

Reply #338
It is a sign of the times, that -after seven years of Democrat rule- even Donald Trump looks like a viable candidate…!
(The supposed-majorities of the Republicans in the House and the Senate have been obviated by their actions: Most Republicans in office today are indistinguishable from Democrats.)

Let the Tea Parties rise again!
进行 ...

Reply #339

It is a sign of the times, that -after seven years of Democrat rule- even Donald Trump looks like a viable candidate…!
(The supposed-majorities of the Republicans in the House and the Senate have been obviated by their actions: Most Republicans in office today are indistinguishable from Democrats.)

Let the Tea Parties rise again!

:jester: Nothing would cheer up Hillarious Hillary than the TP rising.  :jester:

I don't know about you, but I'm not looking forward to the 2016 cartoon festival. Unless...
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9v0Yf9wHlQ[/video]

Reply #341
Problem: One of these unfit candidates is going to win. We're in an awful lot of trouble.

Reply #342
How about one of us (preferably a U.S. citizen) changes our name to "Noneoftheabove" and runs for president?
Can't miss..

Reply #343
How about if you open a new thread, "Noneoftheabove."

Reply #344
Shouldn't that be Noneofthebelow?

Reply #345
Oddswise she's a winner. Can't you just go for the Clinton-Bush ticket and save yourself a year of electioneering?

Reply #346

Problem: One of these unfit candidates is going to win. We're in an awful lot of trouble.

Maybe it is time to split up the country. Let Texas, Louisiana, Alabama etc. secede under the condition that they take everyone who would seriously vote for someone like Santorum, offer instant citizenship to the three or four sane people trapped on the wrong side of the new border.

Reply #348
How much is it said that costs to be President of the USA?
Last number I remember was ten millions that the candidate or someone for him has to spend but that was many moons ago...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #349
I think it is best if the new president wins by spending only his own money.
That way he owes fewer favours and has the opportunity to govern justly and morally.
Dream on.