Skip to main content
Topic: Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and the ridiculousness of religion to cope.  (Read 34905 times)

Re: Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and the ridiculousness of religion to cope.

Reply #75
Go away Bruce/Caitlyn!

Go away Kardashians!
=====================They have a child named North West...I kid you not!
Go away Kanye West!

Reply #76

Go away Bruce/Caitlyn!

Go away Kardashians!
=====================They have a child named North West...I kid you not!
Go away Kanye West!

Dear God--- let's hope they don't have a large family. "North West By West" "North West By Half West", "West By South West" "South West" and so on, covering the Western half of the compass.  This can't end well.
What would happen if a large asteroid slammed into the Earth?
According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #77
North West by Half Wit.

Reply #78
I coulda wished I had said this. But-- I agree with it so that's something.

According to several tests involving a watermelon and a large hammer, it would be really bad!

Reply #79
I'm sure you would have fixed the typos. :)
How bad of you. You are treating them as monsters, hating them to the point of denying them the human rights of requiring everyone else to appreciate the spectacle of themselves. :left:

Reply #80
They aren't typos, they're honest mutterings of a poorly educated person.

Reply #81

Yeah, it's only 252 million people--worthy of a snappy genocide in your opinion, eh sport?   Just so you can continue on unheeded in your own intolerant little life--what am I saying?--You don't have a meaningful life. ..lol.

You almost had me fooled sir.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #82

Yeah, it's only 252 million people--worth a quick genocide in your opinion eh? 

You almost had me fooled sir.   :knight:  :cheers:

I want documentation on my desk by morning that I have EVER said I favor genocide. Without fail, Mr. Seaton. Without fail. Otherwise--- you make too much noise.

Reply #83
Mental genocide mjm, you are intolerant.  What have these people done to you to deserve this kind of flippant response?  They are struggling....you ever struggle against the hate of a world?   You don't have a clue pal.  Do you think you have an elite status or is it that you can't get passed the mind shivering sexuality of these people?  Relax, you are in good company here.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #84
For a slightly more intellectual (and sane!) view, see here.
You're welcome.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #85
That's what I thought. If anybody DARES to disagree with Mr Seaton, he's guilty of genocide.

Mr, that charge needs to be PROVEN..... Where's the proof??? Otherwise you're just calling somebody a name nobody should be called. In which case---.

So, I reckon I jump right past "homophobe" and head straight to the likes of Hitler and his cronies, Stalin and his cronies, and several dictators of times past and unfortunately present.....wanting, according to Mr Seaton,, to annihilate whole groups of people. This without ANY proof whatsoever except that I don't accept that his sacred cow is to be worshiped.

Well---- I DON'T worship your sacred cow. Those people DO make too much noise, demanding that we have to call them heroes (or heroines) because of their sexual deviations.

I've called you out on your BS. Prove genocide----- or stand revealed as an intolerant yourself.

Reply #86
For the genocide accusation to be true, a few preconditions must be met. Only ethnic or major national groups qualify. Some say religious groups also qualify and I'd agree if the religion works as a uniquely identifying characteristic with the self-reproductive capacity, like for example in case of Mandaeans.

Genocide is mass murder of such groups so that the self-reproductive capacity is either cut or so that there's intention to cut it. The problem with gays etc. here is that they don't self-reproduce. They are not an ethnic group or a religious group.

Or, as a last attempt, to take the word 'genocide' by its own word - it has 'gene' in it. Is there such a thing as 'gay gene' so that killing gays would qualify as genocide in this sense?

Anyway, the only one talking about killing them is Mr. Seaton. The others here are talking about keeping them where they belong - in the closet. Or maybe not even in the closet, just out of sight of children would be good enough.

But yeah, Mr. Seaton interprets this as genocide. Logic and proof is not his forte.

Reply #87
Mental genocide, Mr. Ersi, not genocide.

It would be nice if we could get through one of these discussions without name-calling.

Reply #88

Mental genocide, Mr. Ersi, not genocide.

At first it was "snappy genocide" - and directed at you personally. "Mental genocide" does not make it any better, because it would require some nasty twists of semantics to make sense of. This cannot be explained sensibly, so I'd rather Mr. Seaton would not try to explain himself.

Reply #89
How do you commit genocide against a group of people who have already removed themselves from the gene pool?
It's like killing a dead man. It can't be done. So the charge makes no sense to begin with.

But, we're here. The clock is running out, American Central Time. I expect documentation. Without fail, Mr Seaton.

Reply #91
This is almost beyond idiotic to even discuss. Gay men CAN father children, Lesbian women CAN be mothers. Whether they would actually choose to do what's necessary to make that happen is another issue.

Transgender people--- not so much. A fellow who gets tired of being a man and decides to get his very own mangina can't become a mother. Technology hasn't yet progressed to the point where a fully functioning uterus, ovaries and so on can be put into a formerly male body. In the same way, a woman who decides to get an adadictome will not be able to sire children--- the ability to place functioning testicles and so on into the formerly female body still aways off into the future IF it ever can be done.

So---- how exactly do you commit genocide against people who (a) aren't all of the same tribe in the first place and (b) have already-- by means of the operations necessary to perform sex-change-- taken care of that issue by themselves?

Seems a little silly to even think about.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joanne-herman/can-transgender-people-be_b_839703.html

Reply #92
Morning, Chicago time, comes to an end. Still no proof that I ever spoke in favor-- in any way-- of genocide.

Why am I not surprised?

To borrow someone else's phrasing, words mean things. When you accuse another man of a heinous crime--- and genocide is as heinous as it gets-- you'd better be prepared to put your money where your mouth is as they say. If you can't produce supporting documentation that what you say is so---- then don't say it.

Reply #93
Genocide is mass murder of such groups so that the self-reproductive capacity is either cut or so that there's intention to cut it. The problem with gays etc. here is that they don't self-reproduce. They are not an ethnic group or a religious group.

Besides I never saw any mass murder of homosexuals. Not even at the Nazi, Stalinist, Maoist, whatever "genocidal masters" you chose, they were the main target.
No need to use intelligent justifications, it's enough to stay with the basics.

That said, we also should admit the usage of allegorical language. "Genocide" was the hyperbole used by the gay defender to accuse his opposition of... being opposition.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #94
When you accuse another man of a heinous crime--- and genocide is as heinous as it gets-- you'd better be prepared to put your money where your mouth is as they say. If you can't produce supporting documentation that what you say is so---- then don't say it.

This is DnD. We don't document...we post.

Reply #95

When you accuse another man of a heinous crime--- and genocide is as heinous as it gets-- you'd better be prepared to put your money where your mouth is as they say. If you can't produce supporting documentation that what you say is so---- then don't say it.

This is DnD. We don't document...we post.

When someone makes a BS charge against someone else-- expect to get called out on it. In this case, JSeaton employed the now-travel worn device of charging somebody who doesn't agree with him that transexuals are the best thing since sliced bread with a terrible crime. At least last time I checked most people agree that genocide is terrible, anyway. A real nice shut-up, wouldn't you say? So-- I called him out. Still no documentation. Gee, I wonder why.

Note: My editing of Jimbro's post above was entirely accidental, I fixed it back the way it was before responding in a separate post as I should have done.

Reply #96
In my power as a poster and general all-around pest (note: not as a moderator-- that's another issue) I hereby invoke Godwin's Law. Sorry, JSeaton, but by bringing a false charge of genocide into the debate, you lose. Think about it: Who have been the great genocidal leaders of the past? Hitler. Stalin. Pol Pot. Idi Amin. Saddam Hussein.

According to Godwin's Law, the first person to mention that his opponent is like Hitler or his Nazi party loses the debate by default. I suspect this is primarily because by the time the debate has gotten to that level the person who charges the other with a crime realizes he can't win by reason and logic, so appeals to base emotion. Nobody likes being called a genocidal maniac, so it is hoped by the person making that charge that he will silence his opponent by shame.

So--- JSeaton, collect your booby prize, on that table to the left. You've earned it... place it on your trophy shelf with pride.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Reply #97

Anyway, the only one talking about killing them is Mr. Seaton. The others here are talking about keeping them where they belong - in the closet. Or maybe not even in the closet, just out of sight of children would be good enough.

I wouldn't go that far. They have granted the right to expose themselves the way they wish; they just don't have the right to require anyone else to appreciate it. Tolerance works both ways.

Reply #98

I wouldn't go that far. They have granted the right to expose themselves the way they wish; they just don't have the right to require anyone else to appreciate it. Tolerance works both ways.

+1

Reply #99

Is there a right to expose oneself the way one wishes? As far as I know, it's a matter of regulations about behaviour in public space, always was. Any other way is changing the way public space works. For example one can be naked if one so wishes, but at designated places, not anywhere anytime. Approximately like with smoking. So, I wouldn't go as far as speak about "right to expose themselves the way they wish".