Skip to main content
Topic: The Awesomesauce with Religion (Read 221510 times)

Re: The Awesomesauce with Religion

Reply #650
Now I do not want a panic in Portugal and a fainting thing for you. I do not say all Reds here were originally RC but a number had been due to the heaviness on them when younger. I regard the word 'Catholic' as something i am akin to being as you well know is 'universal' and Prot principle accepts that I don't regard my self as someone with the prefix 'Roman.' Now that is different!
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #651
 :jester:

Reply #652
Yeah you laugh and shows your basic ignorance and oafishness. The well established churches do subscribe to my statement above and shows your total ignorance. The national church in Scotland has a service which refers to it being the 'Holy Catholic Church. They simply state the difference that is all. You cannot contribute and maybe your predecessors down under were convicts and left a mark. Hhm, will be reasonable and take that into consideration.  :up:

Reply #653
 :jester:

Reply #654
 :yes:

Reply #656
And the new Pope.

The new, the old and all the others pisses on you. Just to let you know, it seems  you're not aware of such simple fact. :)
Ok, they piss more on rjhowie but you don't want to compete with him, do you?...
A matter of attitude.

Reply #657
Holy water?

Reply #658
Holy water?

Nope, simple urine. If you want it holy, I suppose that can be arranged but it will cost you some money my son. :)
A matter of attitude.

Reply #659
Well the Pope tried to do it on Martin Luther and it backfired on him so he won't try it with me.

Reply #660
Ok, they piss more on rjhowie but you don't want to compete with him, do you?...

Piss is good for you if processed properly.
From Space.com
Astronauts took a swig of recycled urine water to toast their successful testing of the wastewater recycling system on the International Space Station.

U.S. astronaut Michael Barratt called drinking the recycled water the stuff of science fiction, and cracked several jokes during the inauguration of the system known as ECLSS.

"We have these highly attractive labels on our water bags that essentially say 'brought to you by ECLSS,' and 'drink when real water is over 200 miles away,'" Barratt said.

Reply #661

From Space.com
Astronauts took a swig of recycled urine water to toast their successful testing of the wastewater recycling system on the International Space Station.

U.S. astronaut Michael Barratt called drinking the recycled water the stuff of science fiction, and cracked several jokes during the inauguration of the system known as ECLSS.

"We have these highly attractive labels on our water bags that essentially say 'brought to you by ECLSS,' and 'drink when real water is over 200 miles away,'" Barratt said.

I say, Jim old chap, I didn't say that. I don't even know what it means.

Reply #662

From Space.com

I say, Jim old chap, I said that, but don't tell anybody.

Absolutely!

Reply #663
Well the Pope tried to do it on Martin Luther and it backfired on him so he won't try it with me.

Really?  :lol:

Good to you to have a nigger as a moral authority.
Cannibalism will be the next step for you protestant.

A matter of attitude.

Reply #664
I'm staying away from this thread for a while.

Reply #665
Is it any wonder, that most sensible people left the "Old World"? :)
Protestants and Catholics killing each other… Sounds ominously familiar. Oh, yeah: Sunni and Shia!
Sometimes, stupidity has to be fled. Fighting it -on its home ground- is not always a sensible  option.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #666
Now you really must be diverging into the satirical about people from the old World. Just look at your own internal history which is one of utter madness, hypocrisy, mind control, bigotry and worse. The KKK remember had 2 million people before WW2, it's corruption involved police, political representatives, etc. Then there is the Mafia lot another crowd who proved the system to be as corrupt as hell. Racism was endemic and still is. Poverty is widespread and in tens of millions, corporates run the political system. Even your Revolutionaries led from the monied uppers in society. So please do try and not ignore the hypocrisies before getting so falsely proud.

It is getting to be summer so do try and get out for a long walk.  :D

Reply #667
You're a hoot, Howie!
Just look at your own internal history which is one of utter madness, hypocrisy, mind control, bigotry and worse.
Worse? Oh, my! :)

Will they give you your own "named person" instead of relying on a mere Public Guardian? Second-childhood should count, don't you think?
进行 ...

Reply #668
Protestants and Catholics killing each other… Sounds ominously familiar. Oh, yeah: Sunni and Shia!

There are theists even worst than atheists, those who thinks that there's no need to take part.

I'll answer you with Machiavel's words, always take part because if you don't, those that are going to win will never forget that you weren't at their side and those that are going to lose will never forget that you never defend them.

Get courage and be a Man. Whatever side you chose, for the best and the worst. :)
That's why I respect rjhowie.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #669
always take part because if you don't, those that are going to win will never forget that you weren't at their side and those that are going to lose will never forget that you never defend them
Do you make a habit of choosing a side when brawling children have at each other? Specially when those children aren't yours?
When squabbles are too silly for words they're best left to the passionate participants.

I believe I have courage enough to defend my beliefs (and whatever else is mine!).

As for the Sunni and Shia, the best result -from my point of view- would be for them both to lose, to facilitate an Islamic Reformation… But I'm not sure such is even possible. So, I'd be happy enough with the former result…
进行 ...

Reply #670
Reformation...
Unfortunately, religions follow an evolutive path. They diversify, dwell together for a long time, eventually some variations will dominate, and the weaker variations will barely become extinct. Almost all variations survive one way or another.

Reply #671
Mine involves animal sacrifice and libations.

Reply #672

(Applies to the authors of scientific studies on cognitive biases too, incidentally.)

Reply #674
Do you make a habit of choosing a side when brawling children have at each other?

What makes Muslims children and you to be the adult? Because that's exactly what this is about. At the next sentence you're already wanting Islam to have a reformation, did they ever asked for your opinion?
Or are you just practicing American Foreign Policy, intervening where you are not desired and causing much worst than good all over the place? You don't want to run for politics, do you Oakdale? :)
A matter of attitude.