Skip to main content
Topic: The Awesomesauce with Religion (Read 221552 times)

Re: The Awesomesauce with Religion

Reply #250
You are on shaky ground as one poster whose first language in not English criticising the English of another poster whose first language is not English.

You are correct, my first language in not English.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #251
As I surmised before I transferred here that this would become a carbon copy f Opera. Namely the same wee club of self-righteous, smug and know-it-alls. That Macallan is as before adds to that and a Mod?? Head saking and ridiculous. People who think they are something and accuse others of being beyond the pale or do gibberish always fail to recognise their own weakness.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #252

As I surmised before I transferred here that this would become a carbon copy f Opera. Namely the same wee club of self-righteous, smug and know-it-alls. That Macallan is as before adds to that and a Mod?? Head saking and ridiculous. People who think they are something and accuse others of being beyond the pale or do gibberish always fail to recognise their own weakness.

Welcome aboard.
you have described yourself perfectly.

Reply #253
There goes another irony meter :irked:
I guess you just can't make them rjhowie-proof.

Reply #254

As I surmised before I transferred here that this would become a carbon copy f Opera.

Firm grip on the obvious. Not sure what else you could surmise from a forum of refugees. Perhaps a bit early for what this will become tho. It's barely out of the gate.

Can we give Rj a title so he doesn't feel so emasculated?

Reply #257

People who think they are something and accuse others of being beyond the pale or do gibberish always fail to recognise their own weakness.

Welcome aboard.
Do I detect a smidgen of sarcasm, sir?

No

Will you please expand on that?

Reply #261

People who think they are something and accuse others of being beyond the pale or do gibberish always fail to recognise their own weakness.

Welcome aboard.
Do I detect a smidgen of sarcasm, sir?

No

Will you please expand on that?

You excised this bit " Namely the same wee club of self-righteous, smug and know-it-alls." from the original quote.
Surely this is Mr. h describing himself.
To point this out is stating a fact. No sarcasm involved.

Reply #264

Imperious Member? :right:

"The Impervious King"   :left:

I thought he wanted to be tsar :right:

:idea: We may be getting close here...

Confederate Tzar I

Confederate Tsar Billy Bob I. ? :insane:

Reply #265

Imperious Member? :right:

"The Impervious King"   :left:

I thought he wanted to be tsar :right:

:idea: We may be getting close here...

Confederate Tzar I

Confederate Tsar Billy Bob I. ? :insane:

That might be too long? Too bad there's never a moderator around when you need one. :beer:

Reply #266
I wouldn't want to include 'imperious' as that would clash with Macallan's aloofness. A lifelong monarchist, Tsarist, Confederate, Chiang-Kai Shek respecter, staunch Protestant, I remain as continuous as ever. Have even had a chapter written about me in a book and interviewed on BBCRadio Belfast for 15 minute (and a private station), BBCScotland tv, I do allow myself to come on here and show concern for the hoi-polloi.  :cool:

Reply #267
Have even had a chapter written about me in a book

Good Christ...

The seven capital sins:
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

in no special order.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #268
Easy now. You're addressing, The Impervious Confederate Tzar Billy Bob - Chiang-Kai Shek, Esq  I, there. Surely he's not out of line to state his obvious greatness? The title transcends all classes, ranks and ideology known to us lessers.

:left: :right: :lol: (sry, I tried to do that straight-faced)

Reply #269
You excised this bit " Namely the same wee club of self-righteous, smug and know-it-alls." from the original quote.
Surely this is Mr. h describing himself.
To point this out is stating a fact. No sarcasm involved.

Do you have anything nice to say?

My sainted mother used to say, "If you don't have something nice to say, lie."

Reply #272
I think it is time I re-introduced my new religion.
It is pretty much like all the other religions, except that your sins are forgiven in advance.
Also, you don't pay per sin, on some sort of sliding scale, but by a lump sum, monthly, in advance.
Think of the time and effort saved. No confessing, no gloomy confessional, no guilty, dream-filled nights, no preaching.
Pay in cash, by cheque or plastic, by bank transfer.
What could go wrong?

Reply #273

I think it is time I re-introduced my new religion.
It is pretty much like all the other religions, except that your sins are forgiven in advance.
Also, you don't pay per sin, on some sort of sliding scale, but by a lump sum, monthly, in advance.
Think of the time and effort saved. No confessing, no gloomy confessional, no guilty, dream-filled nights, no preaching.
Pay in cash, by cheque or plastic, by bank transfer.
What could go wrong?
A glitch, a bank failure, a plastic meltdown.

Reply #274
Or a shocked unbelieving who got electronically done, eh? Thank goodness I am a Scots Presbyterian.