Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347691 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1900
So, no thoughts then… :)
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1901
A glance at Trump makes it clear that he merits no thought. If you understand that he's an egotistic ruffian, he ceases to be surprising too.

Reply #1902
You're an unserious person, ersi. Hibernate for a decade or two… Maybe the Soviet Union will come back! :) Propaganda was your job, was it not, before your country was freed from the Soviet sphere? Why -considering that you don't say anything other than what the "echo chamber" puts out- should anyone take your slight derogatory comments seriously?
Trump is the president of the United States. You are…what? :)
进行 ...

Reply #1903
The guy is a political nobody. He has two ways of filling posts: Roll the dice or listen to the suggestions of someone who pretends to know better.
That's a huge difference compared to Obama. :)
Obama had no need for rolling the dice. 'Recommendations' for his team came directly from Wall Street (Citigroup)...
So Obama's team was basically ready to take office even before the last ballot was casted.

BTW, you probably know the phrase: Noblesse Oblige. ;)

Reply #1904
That's a huge difference compared to Obama. :)
Obama had no need for rolling the dice. 'Recommendations' for his team came directly from Wall Street (Citigroup)...
Are you saying that Obama's appointments catered to the establishment and the elite? That's true. But are you saying that Trump and his nominations are neither of that? Look, even though Trump is just rolling the dice, his available sample consists exclusively of the establishment and the elite. Name a nomination that wasn't.

Reply #1905
Propaganda was your job, was it not, before your country was freed from the Soviet sphere?
Let's get the facts straight. During Soviet Union I held no (paid) jobs. I was a schoolboy. Post Soviet Union I graduated and was a civil servant up to the point when it was suggested to me that (EU, not SU!) propaganda was supposedly among my tasks. Then I went over to the private sector.

Now try again and don't mess up, if you have or had a point to make. I expect none, but it's fair to give you a chance to sober up and try again. I'm liberal like that.

Reply #1907
Any respect that may or may not be afforded to the US of A will not be extended to Donald Trump. He's nearly a laugh, but he's really a cry.

https://youtu.be/PU9RmjMLdIk

(That concert too was attended by more people than the Trump inauguration.)

Reply #1908
Colored revolutions coming home?  :whistle:

Laugh and cry

Reply #1909
Any respect that may or may not be afforded to the US of A will not be extended to Donald Trump. He's nearly a laugh, but he's really a cry.
The problem is: they elected him.

Reply #1911
Same thing. They elected him. They didn't elect Clinton or any from the Republican field. Mind you, Europeans have elected many miserable politicians over the years, but not that miserable in modern times.

Reply #1912
Same thing. They elected him. They didn't elect Clinton ...
Mind you, I wouldn't have elected Clinton myself if I were American.

BTW,
Any respect that may or may not be afforded to the US of A will not be extended to Donald Trump.
Was your respect afforded to the US of A extended to G.W.Bush? Was it to Obama? Would it have been to Hillary?  :left:

Reply #1913
Europeans have elected many miserable politicians over the years, but not that miserable in modern times.
You're assuming that time has stopped…! :) A frequent European position.

I'll note that no European has a problem continuing this thread, although the election was decided in November of last year. (Sure, you can skinny out of this complaint by referring to the "ongoing saga" bit. That's how the Middle Eastern Arab countries still complain about the Crusades… :) )

Of course, our "democrats" don't think so: For them, an election is only ever over when they win! :) (Ooh! That sounds much like the Middle Eastern Arab countries still complaining about the Crusades!)
进行 ...

Reply #1914
(Sure, you can skinny out of this complaint by referring to the "ongoing saga" bit. That's how the Middle Eastern Arab countries still complain about the Crusades… :) )
You're assuming that time has stopped. A frequent American position.

From the Middle Eastern perspective, crusades are ongoing, colonisation is in fresh memory and bombs are falling from Nato and Russian airplanes as we speak. But the American perspective is to have an ideology that ignores this and then "negotiate from the position of power".

Reply #1915
A curious thing about American presidents, at least in modern times, there were some earlier characters, is that they are consistently more responsible than the Congress, no matter respective party affiliation. This is broken now.

Many things are blamed on the president/administration that they have little or no influence on, but there is enough that they do.

The best that can be said about the current administration is that it has been a uniting force. It has united the authoritan far right and the authoritan far left, and seems slated to unite the rest of the world against them. They have set a direction, the course remains to be seen.

Reply #1916
You're assuming that time has stopped. A frequent American position.
Perhaps they should look up "opposition".

Reply #1917
The best that can be said about the current administration is that it has been a uniting force. It has united the authoritan far right and the authoritan far left, ...
Wonder to which category you'd add him, since he seems to be left out. :)
Radical-right? Radical-left? Moderate-(whatever)?

Reply #1918
Of course, our "democrats" don't think so: For them, an election is only ever over when they win!
Aww, what's the matter? Wanna discuss Democrats instead of addressing the fact that Trump is managing do even worse than feared? Now the lunatic is picking fights with one of America's staunchest strategic allies. What the hell is the matter with this guy?
It has united the authoritan far right and the authoritan far left, and seems slated to unite the rest of the world against them.
He has united the Left of center in America, not neccasarily authoriatarians (he has positioned himself into that role.) Don't be surprised if Trump's victory turns out to be the best thing to have happened to the Democratic party in years, if not decades if only they can learn to reconnect to rural and suburban counties in places such as midwest.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1919
Oh wow. Now I need to pull a Howie. The telly was on in the other room and I just Trump berate Arnold Schwarzenegger over the new Celebrity Apprentice. So Der Arnold suggested that he and Trump switch jobs so "people can sleep comfortably again." :lol:  I'm in. Let's amend the constitution to let that happen :knight: If not, maybe we can convince Trump to surrender to the queen on his UK trip and see if she'll take us back. Being colonies again is a better fate than having this assclown complete his destruction of our country :lol: :p

“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Alternatives for Trump

Reply #1921
Being colonies again is a better fate than having this assclown complete his destruction of our country :lol:
A piece of excrement would yield a better President of the United States than him. (I'm not exaggerating...)

Reply #1922
Oh, Kellyanne Conway is making up "the Bowling Green Massacre" and further lied that Obama had a Muslim ban because many had been radicalized by the incident.

Bowling Green is a college town in Kentucky. There was a massacre of sorts in Bowling Green, when the college's (American) football team lost to Ohio State 10 - 77. It must have been carnage on the playing field. Oh the humanity! But no, Obama did not have a ban. He did delay the processing of refugees so they could be more throughly vetted, but he had nothing like Trump's executive order.

Is there anything resembling honesty or sanity coming from the Trump White House? I think not. After all, Kellyanne did coin the term "alternative facts" to excuse the complete bullshit coming from this regime.
A piece of excrement would yield a better President of the United States than him. (I'm not exaggerating...)
I thought he was a piece of shit? :confused:

Run, baby! Run!

Reply #1923
Unfortunately not.  :lol:
In 4 years, Trump is going to run against a piece of shit.
You better vote for the piece of shit.

Reply #1924
Aww, what's the matter? Wanna discuss Democrats instead of addressing the fact that Trump is managing do even worse than feared?
I don't see Trump doing "even worse than feared," Sang… I see him doing what he said he'd do during the campaign. And I see the Democrats, specially those in the Senate, losing their collective minds. :)
Now the lunatic is picking fights with one of America's staunchest strategic allies. What the hell is the matter with this guy?
Obama made the back-door immigration deal with Australia, and left it as a parting gift for President Trump.
Trump says he'll honor the deal, but won't pursue such silliness himself. That's not exactly picking a fight…

BTW: Good luck with that amending the constitution thing. If you can't win the presidency you surely can't convince three quarters of the states to support your hurt feelings…
Arnie and the Donald appear to be sharing a friendly joke. It's a guy thing!
进行 ...