Skip to main content
Topic: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga (Read 347716 times)

Re: The American 2016 Presidential Elections & The Ongoing American Saga

Reply #1475
IIRC some states ( Kentucky for example ) have laws that disqualify anyone who ever participated in a duel from holding any kind of elected public office.
Hm, two birds one stone.

Reply #1476
Try to be sober when you think about replying oakdale. You avoid the obvious that a great many over in your country are not very happy with either candidate and the system needs an overhaul.
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #1477
a great many over in your country are not very happy with either candidate
That's you telly-focused myopia again: You think of elections as akin to Nielsen Ratings…
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #1478
Now folks how is that Oakdale entry fit into stupid stuff, eh?? Whether someone reads the papers, listens to radio or watches television that is where news comes from you dopey man. It is on the common sense things that help people to decide and vote.

You poor sods are stuck with 2 disappointments and intelligent ex-colonists know this hence they have to fall back on the lesser of two evils syndrome. Anyway folk this is just a would-be distraction from a hermit and the rest of us live in the real world! Mind you Oakdale is a passing side show from the unfortunate choices millions of Americans are stuck with.  :worried:

Reply #1479
Whether someone reads the papers, listens to radio or watches television that is where news comes from you dopey man.
I prefer not to be a "dopey man"… You, however, have no choice. But Pravda is your preference.

You still seem to think that government's job is to give people what they can't get, themselves… To be everybody's daddy. (But that's the British version of "daddy" — provide for you, until you die.)

A free people would reject this; but you've never wanted to be free — indeed, you've always been a slave. Of course, you can stand up on your soap-box at the quire and "orate" and, hence, think you have a democracy.
Your government is much the same as what you call ours…

We, here in the U.S., have a constitutional government that we're struggling to preserve! Do you wish us ill, in this?

Say what you mean, RJ!
进行 ...

Reply #1480
Absolute piffle, piffle as usual. We ARE far wider in the democratic dimension than you will ever be. Wider representation and not brained like you poor lot. Indeed i have repeated the difference twice as it doesn't register with some of your brained people while others acknowledge that you poor lot are being let down. The media is so effectively controlled by the corporate mindset and propaganda such as yours is widely disproved by the amount of people in the country who are not happy with either Clinton or Trump. Other parties are effectively kept out of what you guffly proclaim as an ideal democracy when it isn't. Unfortunately there are too many emotionals across the pond who get worked up by a flag, nationalism banged in to you from a young age and ne of it helps a big chunk of the population.

You have nothing to contribute to this thread in any practical way but ignore the hard truth. Only Democrats and Republicans are allowed and anyone else can get stuffed. Democracy?  :faint:

Reply #1481
I will be delighted with Trump's win.
The way the world can see what America (and half of the Americans) is really about.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #1482
…funny: No one wants to talk about the VP debates… :)
进行 ...

Reply #1483
Don't think we missed much......

Reply #1485
If I had my druthers, Trump and Clinton would drop out… Then I could, gladly, vote for Mike Pence! :)
进行 ...

Reply #1486
But unfortunately you have freedom, constitution and rule of law, right?

Reply #1487
Other systems work better? Where… (I sometimes think you pine for Soviet domination, still.)
进行 ...

Reply #1488
All systems work so-so. The funny thing with Americans is that since they call their own system freedom, constitution, and rule of law, they think they are unique in the world having freedom, constitution, and rule of law. Everyone else apparently must have freedom imposed on them by interventions and invasions. You know, like Iraq is currently enduring freedom.

Reply #1489
Everyone else apparently must have freedom imposed on them by interventions and invasions.
Except this narrative repeated as a mantra is not true. It only serves as a rotten pretext.
Interventions and invasions are ultimative steps to enforce US interests worldwide.

Reply #1490
they think they are unique in the world having freedom, constitution, and rule of law.
What makes you think that? A few jackass Republicans that make all Americans look bad, I take it?
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Reply #1491
they think they are unique in the world having freedom, constitution, and rule of law.
What makes you think that? A few jackass Republicans that make all Americans look bad, I take it?
Certain presidents of the country over the last century. Irrespective of parties. I'll take your word for it that there are also lower-ranking jackasses in the Republican Party.

Edit: Oh, right, SF and Oakdale here are indeed lucid examples in bashing all the rest of the world.

Reply #1492
Edit: Oh, right, SF and Oakdale here are indeed lucid examples in bashing all the rest of the world.
Can't argue with that. However, the Democratic Party finds itself bashed for not drinking the American Exceptionalism Kool-Aid by the Republicans.
“What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.”

Reply #1493
Trump says Border Patrol ordered to let immigrants illegally cross border to vote in election Recently arrived immigrants can't vote, not being citizens. How is it even possible to consider voting for this complete idiot?

Reply #1494
Recently arrived immigrants can't legally vote, not being citizens.
Fixed that for ya! :)
进行 ...

Reply #1495
Recently arrived immigrants can't legally vote, not being citizens.
Fixed that for ya! :)
So, illegally speaking, they can vote just fine? And both parties are okay even though the problem is known?

When voting in America, do you have to identify yourself or not? As in ID-card or such.

Reply #1496
When voting in America, do you have to identify yourself or not? As in ID-card or such.
Nope. And, and although many state legislatures have passed laws requiring such, most have been put on hold or rescinded because of "disparate impact" lawsuits, whose reasoning is tortuous — to say the least!
So, illegally speaking, they can vote just fine? And both parties are okay even though the problem is known?
The Democrats are. Most Republicans aren't…
进行 ...

Reply #1497
Nope. And, and although many state legislatures have passed laws requiring such, most have been put on hold or rescinded because of "disparate impact" lawsuits, whose reasoning is tortuous — to say the least!
So abuse is built into the system and everybody insists that it remain so, even though easily preventable.

The Democrats are. Most Republicans aren't…
Unlikely. How would Republicans argue for it? "We will ask your passports and ID at voting booth to make America great again. You will be freer than ever!" ???

Reply #1498
How would Republicans argue for it?
John Fund, writing at the National Review today, makes the case fairly well (see here)…
进行 ...

Reply #1499
So there is a thing called "voter registration" anyway. ID-cards are enough paperwork. We don't need more.

When you vote on a voting machine, wouldn't you still have to identify yourself all the way down to fingerprint, iris, urine, saliva, and dna?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PLTZxLNTUk[/video]