Skip to main content
Topic: bugs (Read 96894 times)

Re: bugs

Reply #201
Just updated to build #72 from build #71 and "Open in a New Background Tab" now always loads in a Foreground Tab.

Reply #202

Just updated to build #72 from build #71 and "Open in a New Background Tab" now always loads in a Foreground Tab.

For me it even loads in new foreground window (specifically, when opening from history list). Something's up with that.

Reply #203

For me (build #72 in Linux) it works as expected.
But since a few builds now (can't say since when exactly, after #66) I can't open a downloaded file or its folder from the "downloads" panel or page. I haven't filed a bug report, as usually such glitches disappear after 1-2 builds, but it's for longer time now.

Reply #204
Otter otter-browser-git_0.9.99~git20150520+r6~ubuntu14.10.1_amd64.deb fails in Logjam-Test https://weakdh.org/
Opera 12.16 doesn't.

Flash plugin and qtwebengine version

Reply #206
Flash plugin does not work, right?
Or is this on my computer only?

Reply #207
@py-thon, I can't reproduce that so far (I've tried with Qt 5.3.2 too), maybe there is some extra condition to trigger it.

@rincewind, screenshot could be useful to determine cause of that issue, as so far I was unable to reproduce it.
For flash issue please check if Browser/EnablePlusings is set to enabled or onDemand.

@treego, are you using MDI?
I can reproduce that only when it is enabled (note that currently that setting requires restart to take effect).

@Kirilo, indeed, I'll check what is wrong with that.

Logjam issue should be fixed now:
https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?topic=1119.0
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

flash

Reply #208
"For flash issue please check if Browser/EnablePlusings is set to enabled or onDemand."

Tested both, does not work in qtwebengine otter

Reply #209
@rincewind, QtWebEngine doesn't support plugins yet, most likely Qt 5.6 will bring support for Pepper plugin.
So I would suggest to switch back to QtWebKit, as 5.6 can't be expected earlier than in December or January...

Reply #210
Weekly build #73, gesture to switch between tabs - right mouse button + scroll:

• Won't work always, sometimes requires Enter key, but sometimes works immediately after release mouse button.

• Tab order in the popup window is different than real tab order: ascending next tabs, but descending previous ones.

• Sometimes creates a new blank tab after the last tab, immediately after release mouse button. Probably just after cold start with session restore.

In Opera, I'm using tab scroll gesture in hidden mode, but didn't find this setting in Otter yet.

Reply #211
Won't work always, sometimes requires Enter key, but sometimes works immediately after release mouse button.

It behaves that way if dialog is under cursor when mouse button is released, I'll check what can be done about that.

Tab order in the popup window is different than real tab order: ascending next tabs, but descending previous ones.

It's intentional, I'm planning to add option to select mode for ordering.

Sometimes creates a new blank tab after the last tab, immediately after release mouse button. Probably just after cold start with session restore.

Maybe gesture to add new tab gets triggered accidentally?

In Opera, I'm using tab scroll gesture in hidden mode, but didn't find this setting in Otter yet.

It's planned too.

Reply #212

Sometimes creates a new blank tab after the last tab, immediately after release mouse button. Probably just after cold start with session restore.

Maybe gesture to add new tab gets triggered accidentally?

More suitable reason is deferred tab, not loaded content yet. When I'm trying switch to it, a blank tab appears instead.

Reply #213
@Freeman, new one or that tab becomes blank?
Is that a HTTPS URL?

Reply #215
well I'm back, with your newest compile
so lets begin :P

1. AGAIN multi file upload does NOT work (imagebam)
2. flash controls are fubar, sometime work, but mostly not, and if you go to youtube page you can't even reload the page or go back to previous (this is very freaky)
3. I LOVE customization of toolbars and others, BUT for instance i gave zoom in and zoom out buttons next search control (button bar), they don't work at all, nothing happens
4. with this large customization the bottom bar is useless, but if you disable it you lose the
loading bar of website and other info

Reply #216
@exley, could you please check these two issues with test-qtwebkit.exe?
It's a minimum test case, note that it understands only full URLs.

Progress bar gets disabled for you after hiding status bar?

Update
There are also now v2 packages, based on Qt 5.4.2 which was released today, it might help with flash issues.

Reply #217
so, with v2,

- flash controls are now broken totally
- multi file upload still not working
- the status bar removal now FIXES progress bar staying
- custom buttons zoom in/out still don't work

where do I download this test build you mention of ?

Reply #218
@exley, it's bundled with 32 bit packages, but probably not with installer.

Reply #219
bugs 1 and 2 are not present in test version
it works just fine

Reply #220
@exley, are you using zoom?
I've got reports that flash then misbehaves int he past.

Reply #221
ahhh yes, zoom causes problems
on default flash works

but still its a bug :P
theres another bug
when you remove bottom bar
and then enter any site, you can see STATUS bar appearing at the top for 1 second
(below address and button bars)

Reply #222
@exley, it's an upstream issue, we can only wait for them to fix it...
I can't reproduce the latter issue (both Windows and Linux), could you please try to catch it on screenshot or using screen capture?

Reply #224
@exley, ah, that one, it's a known issue that shouldn't be possible, but somehow tends to show up after introduction of start page. ;-)
As for zoom actions, I guess that I'll have to rethink a bit our handling of actions, as it happens because in case of navigation bar (which belongs to tab itself) events are send directly to widget responsible for handling rendering etc., but some actions are handled by their parent widget.