Skip to main content
Topic: Today's Good News (Read 156762 times)

Re: Today's Good News

Reply #350
I'll meet you half way, Jaybro: I've done more harm trying to do good than I have by intending harm… Such is life.
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #351
That's a start. Keep up the bad work!

Reply #352
The next ice age is postponed — by 100,000 years…

And Obama and co. can't undo it!
进行 ...

Reply #353
Not just Obama and co thanks to your system!  I can still recall years ago we were being told to expect a new ice age and now we are all going to be singed. Scientists? I would dump them all in Edinburgh!  8)
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #354
Doesn't like politicians. Doesn't like the U.S. Doesn't like Edinburgh. Now he doesn't like scientists. I wonder if he likes...

Reply #355
I like Glasgow, where I live, organisations I am in, rail/tram simulator projectsmy personal history that got me into newspapers, radio, a book, getting the boots on for country hikes,  Plus Russia, Protestantism, decent Americans who are stuck with a political system controlled by money barons and widespread let-downs. So your desperate attempt has been outnumbered.

You muffed that one. :hat:

Reply #356
I don't think you like yourself, or your life. Else you wouldn't be so taciturn.

You have no love of learning and (…although that may not be the only reason) hence little… You have opinions on everything, backed up by your Telly-viewing — and little else, that I can see. (It's not like you can stop paying the tax that supplies it, eh? :) ) You have prejudices that you cling to (and some that you don't admit; even to yourself?) and will die with, because you've never had the ability to examine ideas… They couldn't teach you in school, and the government employed you as best it could — because that's what your form of government does.
-- "Sigmond" Oakdale
进行 ...

Reply #357
I don't mind you being full of self-aggrandisement Oakdale but that is plain stupidity to even a juvenile on what you say about me. I list some of my positives and throw in public speaking and success in general activity and you work this out as me not liking myself. Get thee back to school and stop being a hermit. I do not hate Americans and with my history the word hate does not come up very often while at the same time making it abundantly clear that I have absolutely no time for the hypocrisy of the political system and the way the country is run. At the same time bellowing round the world at how great it is when the internals show a very contradictory stance as well as general intrigues!

That my positives well outdoes the questionable is nutjob but I won't blame the whole country for a waste of education in your corner.  :hat:

That some ex-colonists get petted lip does not detract either from my list which kicks the opposite into a single figure!

Reply #358
The Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) – a branch of the U.S. military – has announced a new research and development program known as Neural Engineering System Design (NESD). This aims to create a fully implantable neural interface able to provide unprecedented signal resolution and data-transfer bandwidth between the human brain and the digital world.

The interface would serve as a translator, converting between the electrochemical language used by neurons in the brain and the ones and zeros that constitute the language of information technology. A communications link would be achieved in a biocompatible device no larger than a cubic centimetre. This could lead to breakthrough treatments for a number of brain-related illnesses, as well as providing new insights into possible future upgrades for aspiring transhumanists.

“Today’s best brain-computer interface systems are like two supercomputers trying to talk to each other using an old 300-baud modem,” says Phillip Alvelda, program manager. “Imagine what will become possible when we upgrade our tools to really open the channel between the human brain and modern electronics.”
(source)

This doesn't -of course- presage the so-called Singularity… (At least, I don't think it will…) But it will, for example, obviate much of our How to Sit conversations! :)

Hardware revolutions have far-ranging and unpredictable effects!
Provided, of course, that it works as promised…! (Oops. That's true, regardless of how it works… Predicting the future remains -shall we say- difficult?

Regardless, that's where we're headed:
Welcome to the future. It's been a long time coming; it'll be a long time before the dawn… (Lyric; performance.) :)
(And what about that "long time gone"?
进行 ...

Reply #359
F***ing trans-humanist nazis.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #360
Get to confessional!

Reply #361
Where's the good news, people? ;)

Reply #362
It's Oakdale's fault, posting about American nazi services wanting to connect human brains to computers as if this were good news.
There are no good news since fourty years ago, the thread is outdated, it can be closed.
A matter of attitude.

Reply #363
American nazi services
? I guess -in your world, Bel- the term "nazi" is just another cuss-word… :)

But there is some good news, for America's Republicans: Donald Trump has decided not to participate in tonight's debate! :)
进行 ...

Reply #365
Even to those who work through the week-end?
进行 ...

Reply #366
I'm working as we speak. But I played Blade & Soul most of the day. :P

Reply #368
My Ole Miss Rebel football team pulled in yet another Top 10 recruiting class (for the football team)!

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/columnists/kellenberger/2016/02/03/kellenberger-ole-miss-continued-raise-program-bar/79769476/

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5KV2KVAqmM[/video]

(As Howie is a fan of marching music, figured I'd post that video with the OM alma mater, fight song, and timeless song).

Reply #369
Is this good news, or bad…?
进行 ...

Reply #370
There seem to be a consensus among Chinese Opera users: the latter. 360 has their detractors. Think Norton with even worse business practices.

Reply #372
Well that elevation will 100% fit in with all the daft stuff that is so regular over the pond. Pity it is a figment of imagination as you would be feeling at home on a land full of nutjobs.  :devil: :whistle:

Reply #373
I've got you beat, Colonel! I've lived in the Land of Fruits and Nuts for more than 35 years, and I've been an "ordained" minister of the Universal Life Church — since my first wife, who worked for them, paid the $$… :)
She thought it was funny!

(I take it, when you say "officially" you mean self-proclaimed…which is to say unofficially. By all means, rectify that! Pay someone…)
进行 ...

Reply #374

I've got you beat, Colonel! I've lived in the Land of Fruits and Nuts for more than 35 years, and I've been an "ordained" minister of the Universal Life Church — since my first wife, who worked for them, paid the $$… :)
She thought it was funny!

(I take it, when you say "officially" you mean self-proclaimed…which is to say unofficially. By all means, rectify that! Pay someone…)

Cheers, fellow man of the cloth!

No, when I say officially, I mean I can now, officially, according to the state laws of the sovereign state of MS,  perform baptisms, last rites, casting out false prophets, etc.
http://www.venganza.org/ordination/

:D

Perhaps you and I can perform an exorcism on Mr. Howie sometime?