Skip to main content
Topic: Today's Good News (Read 156772 times)

Re: Today's Good News

Reply #225
What about a clitoris that be done yet?
"Quit you like men:be strong"

Reply #226

What about a clitoris that be done yet?

You would think so considering genital mutilation is a thing in some countries. I don't believe it hads though. I would imagine that it would be hard to repair nerves, if it is even possible.

Reply #227
I have mixed emotions about the possibility of my willy wanking on without me... :-/

Reply #228

I have mixed emotions about the possibility of my willy wanking on without me... :-/

Don't donate your body to science. ;)

Reply #229
I am an organ donor... I guess I should see if they tallied me banana.

Reply #230
As am I. I don't think I have much to worry about in that area. I don't believe penis' are a hot commodity either. Eyes are a though. Anytime someone dies we have to tape saline soaked 4x4s over their eyes if the state accepts them as a donor.

Reply #231
Well ensbb3 masturbation can be a problem too for women who have been mutilated by those mental savages. It would as said by Mandi not to be easy on the nerve end issue and a shame. I know what I would do with the oddities that damage women.

Reply #232
Well ensbb3 masturbation can be a problem too for women who have been mutilated by those mental savages.

Sure. And that's terrible.

But mixed emotions means I can see times where I'd be happy to donate my wanker (tho I meant more than just for spanking it) to someone, given I wouldn't need it. But then you can live without a wanker (or clit). Unfortunate? yes. Somethings in this world are just mine though.

Reply #233
I suppose someone should mention the doc who still pursues head transplants… (Lord knows, some are in dire need! :) )
进行 ...
"Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility." - James Thurber
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts!" - Richard Feynman
 (iBook G4 - Panther | Mac mini i5 - El Capitan)

Reply #234
Begorrah!

Reply #235
More good news. We've gone even more international.
统计信息 好友数 0 |回帖数 0 | 主题数 0
性别保密
生日-
个人主页https://dndsanctuary.eu/index.php?action=profile;u=2023
兴趣爱好

Reply #236
Expected that exclamation from tt92.........

Reply #238
I find it curious Jimbro that in the midst of a discussion about tallywackers, you should bring up the topic of limp noodles...hmmm.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #240
I find it curious Jimbro that […]

What I find curious is that you, James, have "adopted" RJ's vernacular.

By the same token, I too find it curious Jimbro… Still and hardly unusual.
But he's a religious, and hence unreliable… (He believes whole-heartedly in the Church of the Non-Existent…)
He's so convinced that there is no God that he thinks he has figured it all out!

What will or can he do with such knowledge?

Bah! Look who I'm talking to… :(
进行 ...

Reply #242
What I find curious is that you, James, have "adopted" RJ's vernacular.

By the same token, I too find it curious Jimbro… Still and hardly unusual.
But he's a religious, and hence unreliable… (He believes whole-heartedly in the Church of the Non-Existent…)
He's so convinced that there is no God that he thinks he has figured it all out!

Bah! Look who I'm talking to…

Well, if this doesn't look like an Rj post I'm a wombats uncle.

Reply #243

You don't believe in god; you simply like to argue for the possibility of it in spite of the irrationality of it all (like Ersi).  I believe you think that if there is the teensy weensiest bit of possibility for something, then it deserves equal weight.  You don't like people landing on conclusions for themselves because, for you, there are no satisfactory conclusions worth landing on, i.e. there is always something else to consider.  You sir, are convinced of nothing and so, you accomplish little or nothing--little wonder you drink (that wasn't nice). 

What will I do with such knowledge?  Be less encumbered, more self-reliant, just to mention the obvious.  Perhaps it seems to you as if Atheism is not an ethical stance, but it is the better morality for me.  Religion elicits 'good' in the 'good dog' sense of the word; as a feature of obedience, not as an result of rational choice.  That is not the kind of good any rational being would aspire to and certain interpreters, such as Augustine, believed that what was squandered in Eden was reason.  Have a nice day.   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #244
What will I do with such knowledge?  Be less encumbered, more self-reliant, just to mention the obvious.

Less encumbered? :) You're "encumbered" with an incoherent —and a self-contradictory— bit of philosophy. One that you don't understand…

And whether or not there is a Supreme Being is beside the point. (I'll give you that much!)
进行 ...

Reply #245
Less encumbered?  :)  You're "encumbered" with an incoherent —and a self-contradictory— bit of philosophy. One that you don't understand…

Lol...what is so funny is that I am sitting under a palm tree enjoying a Mai Tai or two before lunch--somehow I don't feel excessively encumbered with incoherence.  Perhaps the best philosophy is not to be tied down to one (hint hint). 

You are right in that I don't muddle my mind trying to figure out who I am--I am who I am, take it or leave it.  I don't mind boasting that I am a bit charismatic and I talk as easily with friends as I do with people I've just met.  People say that I put them at ease quickly--you might even like me Oak.  Perhaps I don't come across here well because I try too hard and it's not natural; the fact that I was welcomed here with jeers and sneers didn't help much either, so I get a little cynical just like you and others here. 

I do know that I am quite happy, every day has adventure in it for me and I indulge in a little hedonism from time to time--so call me a fool, what would I care.  U happy?   :knight:  :cheers:
James J

Reply #246
U happy?

Please don't "text" at me… :)

But by all means enjoy the beach, the babes on the beach and a few Mai Tais – before lunch! (I'm certainly not against hedonism simple pleasures… :) )
Perhaps the best philosophy is not to be tied down to one (hint hint).
One needn't be tied down… But —you'll admit— you've staked yourself over a philosophical ant hill with your insistence on an atheistic scientism and your rejection of free will.
(If you'll admit that you're only "playing" at such, I'll cut you more slack… :) )

Now: To answer your question.
Yes, I'm reasonably happy. I've lived without becoming depraved or rabid… And some of the joys of life have failed to evade me!
And I find ways to make myself useful.
进行 ...

Reply #248
One needn't be tied down… But —you'll admit— you've staked yourself over a philosophical ant hill with your insistence on an atheistic scientism and your rejection of free will.

Come up to the sea level of reality where the water is crisp and clear, if you can-can.  Would you prefer conflict, religious political meddling, terrorism and the stifling of intellectual progress over a little atheism?   Atheism is a dirty, nasty, filthy, evil and despicable word to you (and many other bigots), and you're full of crap Oakdale.  Religion is so bad of an influence on humans and our ability to reason out our existence rationally, that it's not even funny--(blah-and-puke-till-I-die-a thousand-deaths-and-more, gag-gag-gag {and another gag}...I'm seriously dead...zonk).  Hellllloooooo???--u out der? 

(If you'll admit that you're only "playing" at such, I'll cut you more slack…  :)  )

Ok, ok--'nuf said and stop begging fer chrissakes. 

And I find ways to make myself useful.

Useful is good, mi amigo, it keeps me moving adelante,  (omg, 'mi  amigo'?...entonces dame un babraso, lol).  Have another hit.....of fresh air!!  

And some of the joys of life have failed to evade me!

Interesting sentence, care to make up an excuse for this?  Or perhaps elaborate on your hidden cryptic meaning that we plano mortals just can't understand? 

Dear dear Oakdale, there are many more dimensions to space-time than once realized, but you can't fit into any of them--u are too big. but I luv ya anyway.  42 y.o. aerobics instructor's good night song to me tonight--listen and weep and be happy.   :knight:   :cheers:

James J

Reply #249
Atheism is a dirty, nasty, filthy, evil and despicable word to you (and many other bigots) […]
Atheism is an attitude that is neutral, except in combination with other specifically flawed ideas. Namely, scientism — the belief that the current state of scientific knowledge is the sum total of knowledge… And the peculiar psychology that the rejection of free will engenders. Put those three together and you've justified sociopathy, whether it was your intent or no!
(Mind you: I don't begrudge you your failure to live down to your ideals… :) In fact, I applaud it.)

I do somewhat object to being called a bigot, however. On what do you base that charge? (Or are you simply unaware of what some common words mean, in context? :) I have no animosity for atheists, per se. Militant (and especially proselytizing) atheists do annoy me… (But -at least- they seldom knock on my door Saturday mornings!)
and you're full of crap Oakdale

Nope! No constipation… I'm fairly regular. :)
Religion is so bad of an influence on humans and our ability to reason out our existence rationally, that it's not even funny--
Would you kindly point out an example of what "reasoning out our existence" is? And, then, give a few examples of what you mean by rationality.
Thank you — in advance: Because you and I will both be gone before you can. :) A rhetorical flourish -even at a teenybopper level- won't sustain your trope.
(omg, 'mi  amigo'?...entonces dame un babraso, lol)
That's a very curious "transition"… Perhaps you've had too many Mai Tais? :) 'sallright. Happens to the best of us!
(But "then give me ___" requires a meaning -a definition- for "babraso," doesn't it? I have to ask you, because the word is not familiar to me…)
Interesting sentence, care to make up an excuse for this?  Or perhaps elaborate on your hidden cryptic meaning that we plano [plain?] mortals just can't understand?
No excuse is required: I've been lucky, certainly more than I deserved to be…
there are many more dimensions to space-time than once realized
No: Your conception is limited by your scientism. Eleven or thirteen? :) A "dimension" is merely the means of quantification (…sometimes, mere qualification…) of a mode of analysis. Some are quite stubborn, though! :)

I, too, wish you well, James. And, as someone who's been "reading" James Joyce's Finnegans Wake for more than 40 years […there's only one interesting story I have, from that], I'm pleased by your "new" style of talking.
(Have you ever read Alfie Bester's short story Pi Man?)
————————————————————————————
I'd guess the Good News here is that most of us can still talk civilly to each other!
进行 ...